Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

I wish the Premier League had persisted with the transfer window closing before the season started.

Not sure I can tolerate another month of all this speculation about the future of our two best players.

2 minutes ago, TommyK said:

This is shit isn't it? 

If we don't sell this year and he doesn't sign a new contract then we're in the same situation as Youri this time next year. 

Shit management by the club. Rudkin and co need to get there act together. 

May just be a further example of player power, or could just be Newcastle ‘showing willing’ to their fans :dunno:

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Shit management would be to not sell if he has no intention of signing a new contract and there at brig big bids coming in. You can’t force people to sign them. 

Yep that's the shit bit...means he needs to go this summer. So imo it's shit succession planning. Aka shit management 

Just now, TommyK said:

Yep that's the shit bit...means he needs to go this summer. So imo it's shit succession planning. Aka shit management 

Get TommyK hired LCFC. Clearly could do a better job than the existing management team.  

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That it’s following the same process of selling and reinvesting as we have done for years. 

I really would love to know what peoples grand plan is, let them all see out their contacts for nothing? Pay more money than we can afford to keep them?

It's less than a week before the season starts and he's our best player by a country mile. 

Sell him and our season is ****ed. He's the only truly creative player we've got. 

17 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Trying to see it from his POV though: 

Maddison is 25. He signs for Newcastle, signing a 4-5 year deal which doubles his money and covers his 'peak' years. He's at a club that is now the richest in the world, is their main man in midfield and has a rabid and passionate fanbase with 50,000+ in attendance each week. Over the course of his contract I'd say Newcastle are more likely to finish above us than below more often than not. 

As you say, the real 'opportunity cost' of going to Newcastle is missing out on a move to the 'big 6' 

You say to Maddison you have a contract and we want to keep you. Offer a new deal and point out our valuation is nearer to 80m. Is there a chance other clubs will compete for him. In short term tell Newcastle to stop messing about with silly low offers and trying to upset the player

Newcastles new owners have spent a lot.  Now they need proven pl talent to take them to the top 6.

Why wouldnt they spend on maddison. 

In such a case we should hold out for 80mil.

The first offer was just anchoring... so we think 50 or 60 is good.

Truth is.... we will only sell him once.

Less than 80mil is nol good to us.

Btw.  I expect both madders and lil'wes to be sold ... i dread to think what we will do with the money.  But thats football.

If Top has any ambition he should sell neither and tell Rodgers to shift the players he doesnt want.

Edited by foxinsocks

6 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Give over. You take the money and reinvest, you can’t always get a decent replacement before a player leaves. 

Nothing about it feels right. I’m calling it’s a leak from the agent to get him a new contract and Newcastle going in with low bids to show they’re not prepared to throw money around. Just can’t imagine it happening - obviously could be wrong!

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Newcsstles new owners have spent a lot.  Now they need proven pk talent to take them to the top 6.

In duch a case we should hold out gor 80mil.

The girst offer was just anchoring... so we think 50 or 60 is good.

Let than 80mil is mo good to us.

Btw.  I expect both madders and lil'wes to be sold ... i dread to think what we will do with the money.  But thats football.

If Top has any ambition he should sell neither and tell Rodgers to shift the players he doesnt want.

What like down the market? Pretty sure even Jon should be doing that tbh

4 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Honestly no chance Maddison would want to go there this season 

As an example,

They might tell him they will try to sign Neymar in January. I wouldn’t say there is no chance of JM wanting to go

Who knows what salary they could offer, and how the club could sell the long term vision they have.

Man City wasn’t exactly an attractive proposal before they started chucking shed loads of money at clubs and players.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Newcsstles new owners have spent a lot.  Now they need proven pk talent to take them to the top 6.

In duch a case we should hold out gor 80mil.

The girst offer was just anchoring... so we think 50 or 60 is good.

Let than 80mil is mo good to us.

Rodgers has said multiple times he isn’t selling those players and doesn’t want them to go. They aren’t being sold 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's less than a week before the season starts and he's our best player by a country mile. 

Sell him and our season is ****ed. He's the only truly creative player we've got. 

People said the same about Mahrez. The club needs to be trusted to make the right decision based on all the facts. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Babylon said:

People said the same about Mahrez. The club needs to be trusted to make the right decision based on all the facts. 

The fact is we don’t let players go easily, we kept Mahrez here longer than most thought we could. Maddison and fofana aren’t getting sold this year 

22 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yeah, I still suspect this is Maddison's agent trying to get a better contract at Leicester for him. 

Yeah because his agent goes up to Newcastle and says "chuck a bid in for 50 million for Madders please mate, I need to get him a better contract at Leicester". 

My hunch is madders agent maybe courting the approaches of Newcastle to budge our club to propose an improved contract. It's all fair and justifiable. If madders isn'nt plagues by injuries this season than he's only gonna get better for club and even country if Southgate pulls his finger out. His worth will be as high as foffana's next season. We can then cross that bridge then when both player and club are in a strong position plus they will have offers from much better clubs than Newcastle and Chelsea. So, nothing to see here I say lets move on - lock madders down for a few more years and then get rid of the fringe players asap.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

It wasn’t that long ago that the majority of fans thought Maddison was spent.

Dodgy hip, a few seasons of poor set pieces.

He has turned it round and looks a key player for us, I hope he doesn’t go.

but if they get 65m plus as he approaches the end of his contract, and his head is turned the value only starts dropping from now on in.

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s not going for that, let’s be serious. I couldn’t possibly see a reason he’d go there unless it’s wages related - which we should obviously offer a huge increase ourselves once kasper is gone 

Yeah I think the only reason we are letting Kasper go is to ease the wage bill, I’m sure some of that will go on offering Maddison a better deal. Probably why we won’t sign a new keeper to allow investment in other areas. It is a risk though 

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Why?Newcastle are going places.He would be an excellent signing for them.

They are going places, but not for a while. Honestly I live in the NE and saw them against Bilboa on Saturday. Squad is miles away from competing a

for top 6. If Maddison has any sense he will hold on for another year and see what happens. 

• Like 2

It’s a sideways move really, rich owners, massive fan base - you could see why he could be tempted.

we still have a great first 11 but it’s clearly an uncertain time (no signings this year and the contracts up next year).   

£50m seems cheap to me though