Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 minute ago, adam said:

Maddison has the same agent as trippier and wood apparently. I reckon there must be something in this. Maybe maddison fancies it. 

Absolutely no chance. Zilch. 

The only possible scenario is we beg him to move, like we did Matt Piper to Sunderland, in order to 'save the club'. 

That said, having one of your clients being bid for is good PR. So I see the logic of his agent not discouraging a bid. But, Madders is elite level talent. He could light up any major club in Europe. Chris Wood and Kieran  Trippier ain't. 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Absolutely no chance. Zilch. 

The only possible scenario is we beg him to move, like we did Matt Piper to Sunderland, in order to 'save the club'. 

That said, having one of your clients being bid for is good PR. So I see the logic of his agent not discouraging a bid. But, Madders is elite level talent. He could light up any major club in Europe. Chris Wood and Kieran  Trippier ain't. 

How do you no he doesn't fancy it?  

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People said the same about Mahrez. The club needs to be trusted to make the right decision based on all the facts. 

Who we still haven't replaced. 

I also don't trust the club to replace a player of this importance at the minute tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

I mean, why wouldn’t you want to play your through balls to Chris wood and crocked Wilson. 

And then never get the ball because St maximan has pissed off 50 yards off the pitch to try and beat his full back 90 times. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, adam said:

The only reason to join Newcastle atm is 💰.... he doesn't give one single indication via his social media and articulate TV interviews that that is his main driver. It's illogical to believe he'd basically jack in a burgeoning elite career at 25  for mid table mediocrity and money. He may as well go to China if he wants to do that.

• Like 1

The only reason to join Newcastle atm is 💰.... he doesn't give one single indication via his social media and articulate TV interviews that that is his main driver. It's illogical to believe he'd basically jack in a burgeoning elite career at 25  for mid table mediocrity and money. He may as well go to China if he wants to do that.

It's not just money though is it. They are clearly on the up. They probably won't be selling their best players every other season either. 

It's unusual for sides to keep bidding unless they know that the player may fancy it. 

38 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Kdh

he’s be my choice in the future  I can see how that would be seen, by madders, as a slap in the face as he’s been a first team player for longer.

KDH is a great player but he isn’t yet showing leadership skills..

15 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Yeah because his agent goes up to Newcastle and says "chuck a bid in for 50 million for Madders please mate, I need to get him a better contract at Leicester". 

Easy enough for his agent to make out to Newcastle he's keen on the move and throw some figures out there that might get him. A lot easier to get a new deal if clubs are actually submitting bids and it isn't just speculation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam said:

It's not just money though is it. They are clearly on the up. They probably won't be selling their best players every other season either. 

It's unusual for sides to keep bidding unless they know that the player may fancy it. 

Are they on the up though? Deeper pockets maybe and a bigger stadium but that's it. They haven't been a good club side since the 90s, Howe isn't a draw as a manager and our squad is still far more competitive than theirs.

3-5 seasons they may overtake us but FFP may slow that down.

1 minute ago, adam said:

. Joelinton. Those ginger nut twins. Wood. That Colombian/venezuelan/bolivian clown. Clown defenders left, right and centre. That Peterborough level lad Dwight Gayle. Shelby (who I kinda like actually but he makes Soumare's tracking back look immaculate)

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You genuinely believe that a football club owned by the richest state/family on the planet will languish around mid table for much longer? 

• Like 2

It sounds exciting I guess but I don’t get the point of bidding for players to appease fans. Would be great to see us bidding for Bowen, Richarlison etc but deep down you’d know you don’t really stand a chance. Surely they’d be better off using resources trying to sign someone for the season? 

2 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Are they on the up though? Deeper pockets maybe and a bigger stadium but that's it. They haven't been a good club side since the 90s, Howe isn't a draw as a manager and our squad is still far more competitive than theirs.

3-5 seasons they may overtake us but FFP may slow that down.

Ffp doesn't have to slow anything down in reality until they start hitting the Europe places.  All that would happen is they would get fined.  Which owners with deep pockets would just pay and carry on regardless.

No one would stop it, it'd happen one way or the other.  

We've already seen numerous times the powers that be just roll over for teams with mega money who dont want to play by the rules.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

You genuinely believe that a football club owned by the richest state/family on the planet will languish around mid table for much longer? 

Yeah, but they can grow their club on someone else's time. Expecting Maddsion to effectively write off the best years of his career is not logical. We won't accept a bid and even if we did, he won't go.

Yeah, but they can grow their club on someone else's time. Expecting Maddsion to effectively write off the best years of his career is not logical. We won't accept a bid and even if we did, he won't go.

Why would he be writing them off? 

Newcastle fans are funny. Alot don't want him and don't think he's good enough. Does make me laugh how underrated he is. Probably doesn't help that Southgate hates him. They don't need to worry as he isn't going there anyway. Nice new contract needed soon though. 

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What like down the market? Pretty sure even Jon should be doing that tbh

We need to keep the cards we want and only discard those we don't want.   That goes for everyone at the club. We will never close the gap if we just feed the big six 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

If we accepted a bid, he would without question go, because it'd be a hell of a pay rise for him that we wont match.  Yes, it's a sidewards step now, but he would be on a escalator going up at Newcastle, rather than being on one here not moving or possibly going down.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

We need to keep the cards we want and only discard those we don't want.   That goes for everyone at the club. We will bever close the gap if we just feed the big six 

So how do we do this? You cannot make people buy your rubbish for price you like