Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Why would he be writing them off? 

Because they have too many poor players. They'd need to sign 6 or 7 maddisons this window just to draw level with us. They will be fancying around 8th -12th for at least the next 2 seasons. 

He won't accept 'jam tomorrow'

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Because they have too many poor players. They'd need to sign 6 or 7 maddisons this window just to draw level with us. They will be fancying around 8th -12th for at least the next 2 seasons. 

He won't accept 'jam tomorrow'

Disagree. They made leaps and bounds with fairly conservative changes to their squad in the back end of last season and finished a handful behind us. Much closer than we think and unfortunately will be a much brighter prospect for the modern player soon if it not already. 

If the money’s right he goes. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Haven’t got time to read through last few pages can anyone fill me in quickly? Another silly offer from Newcastle or is this thread hot for a reason 😬

A bigger offer maybe 50mil.  But most think the club will not take anything like that. Its unclear what madders wants ... he has said mothing.  You can sleep east for now.

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

You genuinely believe that a football club owned by the richest state/family on the planet will languish around mid table for much longer? 

Even Manchester City took four years to win their first Premier League and, despite billions of pounds worth of investment on and off the pitch, still haven't achieved their primary aim of winning the Champions League. 

The same goes for PSG.

And Newcastle are starting from a much less competitive position than either of them did. Maddison could be well into his thirties by the time Newcastle are a genuine force on that kind of scale.

4 hours ago, FatDave said:

Transfer fees are rarely one “lump sum”; they are paid in instalments, normally over the length of the contract signed. This is how the buying club writes off the value of the player.

For example, Liverpool sold Suarez and the fee was paid to Liverpool over 5 years. The Man Utd fee for Maguire was paid over years also, 6 years I believe.

Lump sums are very rare and only really exist in football management games. Oddly enough, your friend Mike Ashley was one of the few owners who insisted on lump sums.

When you see a “up front” tag, it means the large part of the transfer fee not subject to clauses and additional payments. This up front fee is staggered in instalments.

Why did Newcastle bid a miserly £35 million? It’s a statement of intent designed to unsettle Maddison, a statement that your owners won’t just splash cash and an attempt to force LCFC to negotiate.

Its fairly clear now that Maddison wants the move but he won’t demand a transfer. The onus is on Newcastle to lodge an acceptable offer.

Reports say Leicester want £60 million. If that happens, that a typical construct will be 10% now. Say £50 million over 5 years and £4 million in clauses. 

Nevertheless, this is an opportunity for Maddison to be rewarded with a bumper new contract.

Whatever happens next, the agent wins 

Wrong, stop listening to your mate down the pub.

Is it clear, two 'sources' on the internet and your mate down the pub rambling bollocks doesn't make it true.

Really is time to add more emojis to the like/laugh/sad/thanks.  The hyserical kid, handbags and a tosser would do for a start.

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah I think the only reason we are letting Kasper go is to ease the wage bill, I’m sure some of that will go on offering Maddison a better deal. Probably why we won’t sign a new keeper to allow investment in other areas. It is a risk though 

I don’t think it was just to lessen the wage bill.

The second oldest number one in the division.

We had the worst defensive record for corners this season and second worst the previous season.

Fans sarcastically cheering when one was cleared.

If the defence wasn’t gonna change, Toure was staying and BR was staying, the one person that was susceptible was an ageing GK on a huge contract.

There wasn’t any chatter that a new deal had even been offered last season.

In Feb BR said 

But, speaking from experience, Rodgers believes players in the latter stages of their careers may like “something fresh”

He said last week: “Kasper is getting to that stage of his career… he’ll want to play as long as he can, knowing him and knowing his mentality, and knowing the guys he has looked up to in his career, he will want to play as long as he can.

Sometimes, I’ve worked with players in that latter part of their career, and they may want something fresh, something new, a new challenge.

“At this moment in time, he’s here, he’s a very important player for us, and will continue to be.

“Like I said, he’s been a joy to work with in my time here. Our relationship is very open and very honest and we communicate well, so if there’s ever anything later on down the line, it’s something him and I will speak about.”

Maybe him not being offered a new deal just 12 months before expiry was a polite way of the club making their intentions known, by letting Kasper choose to leave on rather better terms than explicitly telling him he was no longer needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

In waht world is Grealish worth 100m and Maddison 50m

Grealish had four years left on his contract and he had a release clause of £100m.

Maddison’s contract runs out in 2024.

I’m sure City won’t even consider an offer for Maddison until Newcastle or anyone else come back with a much-improved offer, but the differences between the Grealish and Maddison contract situations probably explains why Grealish’s fee was so high.

6 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

If we accepted a bid, he would without question go, because it'd be a hell of a pay rise for him that we wont match.  Yes, it's a sidewards step now, but he would be on a escalator going up at Newcastle, rather than being on one here not moving or possibly going down.

How can they all of a sudden start paying players £200k? 

17 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Newcastle have come back with a second bid for a reason. Clearly neither club nor player have closed it down first time of offering. Would imagine this will get done.

What lol

We've rejected their first 2 bids. They can try as they might but we've literally rejected their bids so far. 

How is that not closing it down? 

You realise clubs can't prevent other clubs from bidding for their players? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Even Manchester City took four years to win their first Premier League and, despite billions of pounds worth of investment on and off the pitch, still haven't achieved their primary aim of winning the Champions League. 

The same goes for PSG.

And Newcastle are starting from a much less competitive position than either of them did. Maddison could be well into his thirties by the time Newcastle are a genuine force on that kind of scale.

The thing is I think most of us think he’ll think in terms like this. Say as more of a fan than a player. But I guarantee he won’t be arsed about anything but the number on the paper when theirs a gun to his head. 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The thing is I think most of us think he’ll think in terms like this. Say as more of a fan than a player. But I guarantee he won’t be arsed about anything but the number on the paper when theirs a gun to his head. 

Bloody hell, transfer negotiations get quite violent if that's the case! 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

That's the whole.point of my last few posts. 

Madders strikes me as a lad who DOES think deeply about his career, the game, his performance, his marginal gains and no doubt his career path. I would he astounded if he rode back from.all that and opted for.money. The lad just doesn't come across like that whatsoever 

• Like 2

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

If he wants money, he can hold out for an established top six side who can offer that, a great chance of playing for England and Champions League football today rather than in five years.

Literally the only thing Newcastle can offer him right now that we can't is more money, and even that's debatable now Schmeichel's £130k a week wages have been freed up.

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Newcastle fans are funny. Alot don't want him and don't think he's good enough. Does make me laugh how underrated he is. Probably doesn't help that Southgate hates him. They don't need to worry as he isn't going there anyway. Nice new contract needed soon though. 

Utterly bizarre.  He was absolutely scintillating at times last season and I reckon he's going to push on next season as well.  Not good enough for that lot?!  Bugger off Newcastle.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Utterly bizarre.  He was absolutely scintillating at times last season and I reckon he's going to push on next season as well.  Not good enough for that lot?!  Bugger off Newcastle.  

Given the garbage they have had to watch over the years it is ridiculous they would turn their nose up lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

He walks into the starting XI of everyone in the Prem bar Liverpool and Manchester City. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

If he wants money, he can hold out for an established top six side who can offer that, a great chance of playing for England and Champions League football today rather than in five years.

Literally the only thing Newcastle can offer him right now that we can't is more money, and even that's debatable now Schmeichel's £130k a week wages have been freed up.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

That's the whole.point of my last few posts. 

Madders strikes me as a lad who DOES think deeply about his career, the game, his performance, his marginal gains and no doubt his career path. I would he astounded if he rode back from.all that and opted for.money. The lad just doesn't come across like that whatsoever 

I disagree.