Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The combined fees for Barnes, Madders and Fofana need to exceed £200m imo. Anything less and we've sold ourselves short

Too late in thr season for that kind of business. We wouldn't be able to buy a backup u21 keeper for under 50 million if we sold our three best players just before the season begins.

Stated elsewhere (in his thread!) but worth mentioning here too, we've been linked to Houssem Aouar. Seen as a replacement for Maddison should he go. I hope both are bs, mainly because I don't like the thought of us listening to offers for Madders. Feels like a bit of a garage sale.

10 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Even Manchester City took four years to win their first Premier League and, despite billions of pounds worth of investment on and off the pitch, still haven't achieved their primary aim of winning the Champions League. 

The same goes for PSG.

And Newcastle are starting from a much less competitive position than either of them did. Maddison could be well into his thirties by the time Newcastle are a genuine force on that kind of scale.

Newcastle are not starting at less competitive position that City did prior to their investment.

Just 10 league goals at home

City finished in 14th place with 11 wins, nine draws and 18 defeats, which might not sound too horrendous until you bear in mind that they finished just four points above the relegation zone.

However, perhaps the most egregious fact about the campaign was that City only managed to score 10 league goals at home all season long, which was an all-time low in the Premier League.

Man-city avg attendance prior to investment 39k

Newcastle 52k

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What lol

We've rejected their first 2 bids. They can try as they might but we've literally rejected their bids so far. 

How is that not closing it down? 

You realise clubs can't prevent other clubs from bidding for their players? 

Have we rejected the 50m bid today? 

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

By my maths that means we are valuing both his legs at £106m and that’s before other body parts are added.

Be careful, if we are pricing him by body parts the Saudi’s might opt to buy him headless 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Newcastle are not starting at less competitive position that City did prior to their investment.

Just 10 league goals at home

City finished in 14th place with 11 wins, nine draws and 18 defeats, which might not sound too horrendous until you bear in mind that they finished just four points above the relegation zone.

However, perhaps the most egregious fact about the campaign was that City only managed to score 10 league goals at home all season long, which was an all-time low in the Premier League.

Man-city avg attendance prior to investment 39k

Newcastle 52k

Newcastle have had years of under investment and a squad that was regularly involved in relegation battles, including being relegated the season we won the league.

But more than that, they are much further off the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City than Man City were from clubs like Chelsea in terms of infrastructure, scouting and squad depth. 

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Let’s be honest £50 million is derisory for Maddison.

we will fvck ourselves up the arse selling for any less than £80 million

The fact is there is zero chance regardless of offer we allow both maddison and tielemans to go in one window. Not happening 

Guest Kopfkino

Feel less confident he won’t go now tbf. Given Brendan was talking about a refresh and didn’t get told he had no money for it until the end of the season, not fully confident he’s fully in the loop on this

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Feel less confident he won’t go now tbf. Given Brendan was talking about a refresh and didn’t get told he had no money for it until the end of the season, not fully confident he’s fully in the loop on this

He was expecting tielemans to go for decent money and hoping cags and soumare would be moved on. He knows the situation, and we aren’t selling players like maddison and fofana

4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I don’t think Eddie Howe will improve him as a player. But no way is £50m enough. No chance. 

If he carries on his form this season then a big club will come in for him next season for sure, why blow that chance by signing for shitty Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Maddison will go to a club that gets him in the national side, I don't think Newcastle are that club at the moment.

In saying that, if they come back again with £60million then I can't see us turning that down, but I'd want 70-80

This would be the biggest loss to the team if he does go, Youri can be replaced, Kasper is coming to the end of his time at the top, little Wes would be a huge loss, but it'll be for big bucks. Maddison is our only creative player, without him, we're very very stagnant 

Maddison gone I think we'd be playing for midtable, if fofana and maddison goes along with kasper, I think we'd be strong relegation candidates, even if tielemens stays

• Like 1