Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Kasper now going, no Lookman and more than likely no Youri we will be a much weaker side this year

Really? Not sure about that when you consider the injured players that have come back.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We were lucky that teams around us were inconsistent and poor, yes. The chances of us getting 8th in any other season playing how we did are next to none. I say lucky in the sense that we had absolutely no control over how others performed around us, and fortunately without any of that control, they gifted us many positions by being equally as poor as each other. We did not play like a team that would deserve to finish 8th in any other season. 

I disagree, points total is pretty much expected of eighth and goals scored was well above 8th. Defensively we weren’t great and that is the reason we weren’t higher. Injuries played a big part for our poor defensive record and playing Europe too wouldn’t have helped. Teams outside the top six do go on bad runs it happens we had ours they had theirs it is how it goes, we were top half for pretty much all season. The fact that we can improve on what was average should be a positive 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Yeah but we don’t have European football, I still think we’ll be top 10. Which considering we’ve given up it seems will be a good season lol

What does not having a European football matter?? when you lose the quality of Kasper and Youri lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We were lucky that teams around us were inconsistent and poor, yes. The chances of us getting 8th in any other season playing how we did are next to none. I say lucky in the sense that we had absolutely no control over how others performed around us, and fortunately without any of that control, they gifted us many positions by being equally as poor as each other. We did not play like a team that would deserve to finish 8th in any other season. 

What lol 

“Next to none” Deary me. Had we not been so inconsistent we’d have finished much higher than 8th. Had we not conceded so many late goals we’d have been comfortably 6th. But all of this happened. We deserved the finish where we finished, so did everyone else. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Bilo said:

And Manchester United are 12th in that table. I doubt they're finishing anywhere that low either.

Their progress will be steady and probably a bit stuttering at times; appointing Eddie Howe isn't really indicative of a club who want instant Champions League football, more a side who want sensible recruitment, attractive football and sustainable progress.

No as they have a totally different manager I guess they won’t.

Just now, mozartfox said:

Come on not as bad as it was last season…..

Last season we had our whole defence out for large parts having to play midfielders at the back… plus Ndidi out and Vardy was injured for a large part too. It was well above what you would expect 

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

But we weren't "lucky" to finish 8th. Every one plays the same fixtures - it's not like pass the parcel, we didn't strike gold because we were 8th when the music stopped.

I said we were lucky that teams around us were just as poor as us. Because the way we played was nowhere near top 8 premier league standard. I did not say we did not deserve to finish 8th. 

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

They were lucky we had injuries. few teams outside the big 6 are consistent, and a few of them aren't. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I said we were lucky that teams around us were just as poor as us. Because the way we played was nowhere near top 8 premier league standard. I did not say we did not deserve to finish 8th. 

Your argument literally makes no sense what so ever 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

What lol 

“Next to none” Deary me. Had we not been so inconsistent we’d have finished much higher than 8th. Had we not conceded so many late goals we’d have been comfortably 6th. But all of this happened. We deserved the finish where we finished, so did everyone else. 

At no point did I suggest we did not. Yes if we were not so inconsistent last season we would have been fighting for the top 6, we can only control ourselves. Fortunately other results went our way and we finished where we deserved relatively to everyone else. But in terms of top 8 premier league, we were very poor for most of last season. The standard of the play last year across the whole league was terrible apart from a handful of teams. 

Just now, Babylon said:

They were lucky we had injuries. few teams outside the big 6 are consistent, and a few of them aren't. 

They were, yes. The difference between last season and previous, is that although when hovering around mid table we were inconsistent, we also played terrible for the most part and lacked any sort of direction or in many games passion. Which was sad to see. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Your argument literally makes no sense what so ever 

Look this is not difficult. You can play terrible and get a result. You can have 1 shot all game in the 90th minute and score a winner from a deflection. The way we played last season was not top 8 premier league standard. We only finished top 8 because those around us fighting for that position were just as inconsistent as we were. It was almost a coin flip which Leicester would turn up, same for those around us. 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Look this is not difficult. You can play terrible and get a result. You can have 1 shot all game in the 90th minute and score a winner from a deflection. The way we played last season was not top 8 premier league standard. We only finished top 8 because those around us fighting for that position were just as inconsistent as we were. It was almost a coin flip which Leicester would turn up, same for those around us. 

If we were more consistent we would have been top 6… so I’m lost with the argument, we did play poorly at times. but we scored a hat full of goals too, more so than any of the teams around us.