Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Sorry this was for the Kasper thread, 6am here in Thailand and I have woken up to this news Kasper is going, Maddison is being linked to Newcastle and our set-piece coach can't get in the country.

What a mess we are In.

I'll swap you mate, I'm currently lay in me kegs in a flat in Willseden Green and can't get to sleep. 

• Haha 3

I think because we are the only club in all the major leagues in Europe to not make a signing that sends some sort of message out there and Newcastle are simply trying their luck, hoping that we will negotiate and perhaps eventually accept £50-60m for him, which would obviously be a steal for them.  

Someone like Maddison is such a safe investment. He looks like ability and impact wise he's about to go off the scale, he's English and relatively young meaning anyone paying less than £60m for him would probably make a decent profit after 3 or 4 years on top of  obscene service. 

Even if Maddison did want to go to Newcastle (which I very much doubt he would) we have the best in the business at having people's pants down in these situations in Rudders. 

• Like 1

Bottom line is will Maddison sign a new contract?

If not with two years left we should sell for a reasonable offer which IMO is about £60m. We can't have another Tielemans situation when the player won't sign and we lose the power in negotiations. Once the player's contract hits the two year left mark then the balance of power is equal between player and club and if they're not sold in that window then the player gets the power.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If not with two years left we should sell for a reasonable offer which IMO is about £60m. We can't have another Tielemans situation when the player won't sign and we lose the power in negotiations. Once the player's contract hits the two year left mark then the balance of power is equal between player and club and if they're not sold in that window then the player gets the power.

Hopefully this is about a new contract with us.  Still think we are a better bet in the next 2 years.  Sign a 2 year extension and move to a huge club when the time is right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I couldn't tell you if factual but thier wage bill no far off ours although I'm think their revenue stream is a lot higher perhaps 

Screenshot_20220801-231758_Chrome.jpg

Even if it was, the rule comes in over a consecutive 3 year period and my point stands that they would only first breach it this season so they are a long way off being at our level on this.

8 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

...It always annoys me when agents do this, and you can't really blame the player for going along with it...

Agents act on behalf of their clients. If the agent is doing something that irks you then by extension, so is Maddison. Don't differentiate between the two because you have an emotional attachment to one of them. 

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

This is the key question. He is not that interested in signing an extension at present 

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Wow.

Wilson over Vardy? Conclusive proof that there is a drug problem with football fans in this country.

Even if Vardy is out half a season with injuries he'd still score more. Let's wait and see eh, don't hold your breath Newcastle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

I think because we are the only club in all the major leagues in Europe to not make a signing that sends some sort of message out there and Newcastle are simply trying their luck, hoping that we will negotiate and perhaps eventually accept £50-60m for him, which would obviously be a steal for them.  

Someone like Maddison is such a safe investment. He looks like ability and impact wise he's about to go off the scale, he's English and relatively young meaning anyone paying less than £60m for him would probably make a decent profit after 3 or 4 years on top of  obscene service. 

Even if Maddison did want to go to Newcastle (which I very much doubt he would) we have the best in the business at having people's pants down in these situations in Rudders. 

best in the business at having people's pants down in these situations in Rudders. 

I think Southampton are better than us......................

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Doesn't he have 2 years left on his contract with an option of an extra year? Sure I've read that at some point this summer. 

Tbf if he does sign a five year deal to make him our highest earner its pretty much good news for all involved and will be the best thing to happen this summer. 

It near guarantees he's either here for another two, maybe three years, or we sell him for crazy money - maybe both. 

• Like 1