Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

I know lots of fans are biased beyond belief but you have to be a special kind of broken to think anyone other than ASM gets anywhere near our starting eleven from Newcastle. 

Including "Bruno." If everyone's on their best form, your midfield is still just Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

If this is his agent trying to get a pay rise for him then his timing is shocking. 

I mean if his agent is trying to get a pay rise for him then it's at exactly the moment that Kasper is going so it makes a lot of sense. 

If the extension clause is real and we have three years left with him then fair enough maybe extending him isn't that critical. 

But if it's just another rubbish fan rumour then we don't want to be in the same situation with him next summer that we are with Youri now, especially given we're probably going to have to rebuild the defence next year and we still don't have a right winger. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know lots of fans are biased beyond belief but you have to be a special kind of broken to think anyone other than ASM gets anywhere near our starting eleven from Newcastle. 

Including "Bruno." If everyone's on their best form, your midfield is still just Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison. 

I agree but there could be cases for these to get close to the starting 11.

Trippier, Botman and Pope I would say 

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pope? But yeah other than that… 

15 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Why do they keep upping their bids for him when they know that we won't sell for anywhere near the offers they are making?  Newcastle are just making themselves look like idiots.  If Grealish goes for 100 million then on what planet do Newcastle think they can get Maddison for 50?

Jesus, Haaland, Nunez, Kounde, Sterling, Lewandowski, all went for less than £70m.

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pope, Botman, Bruno, ASM, Wilson. Maybe Trippier? I dunno it's not the whitewash it would have been at the beginning of last season.

Hell, Joelinton is now bizarrely one of the best defensive/destructive midfielders in the league. The turnaround in players' performances since we got shot of Bruce is unreal.

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

Pope, Botman, Bruno, ASM, Wilson. Maybe Trippier? I dunno it's not the whitewash it would have been at the beginning of last season.

Hell, Joelinton is now bizarrely one of the best defensive/destructive midfielders in the league. The turnaround in players' performances since we got shot of Bruce is unreal.

Wilson? 😂 Botman is untested in the league and he'll have to be very good to get anywhere near Evans and Fofana in terms of quality and consistency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

Botman hasn’t kicked a ball in the Prem, so no way is he in over Evans/Fofana.

No way you’re having Bruno over a Ndidi/Madders/Youri if on top form. 

Wilson over Vardy is barely worth a reply.

Pope, Trippier and ASM I agree with though.

• Like 1

Just now, TheFish said:

It's mad what happens when your manager can be arsed to turn up most days rather than giving the lads 2 or 3 days off a week :D From what I heard about Bruce, it's a miracle that any of your players could run around for longer than 60 minutes haha.

It's a shame Wilson can't stay fit for more then a month or two at a time as he has all the tools to be considered at Vardy's levels. We'll just never know how good he could have been unfortunately. Bruno definitely gets in a joint XI for me. I have no idea what Botman is like, but if he's as good as the hype suggests then you'd maybe be looking at a Botman/Fofana partnership. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Please believe me when I say this but the amount of shit chatted by idiot journalists with no contacts at the clubs is ridiculous. 

The club isn't run by muppets and you can guarantee we will get a ridiculous fee for any of our players should they go. 

Fabrizio Romano and his band of merry men are mouth pieces of agents with ulterior motives. 

We're in a much better position than any of them know and half the journos are bitter the club don't brief them on anything.

In top we trust 🙏 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Please believe me when I say this but the amount of shit chatted by idiot journalists with no contacts at the clubs is ridiculous. 

The club isn't run by muppets and you can guarantee we will get a ridiculous fee for any of our players should they go. 

Fabrizio Romano and his band of merry men are mouth pieces of agents with ulterior motives. 

We're in a much better position than any of them know and half the journos are bitter the club don't brief them on anything.

In top we trust 🙏 

:appl:

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

In top we trust 🙏 

That is true , but as soon as some cheap hack hangs his hook in the Foxestalk pond , dozens on here jump on it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not sure who’s running things at Newcastle, but this stinks of the Saudi method of ‘throw some money at the poor b@stards and they’ll roll over’. 

Unfortunately for Newcastle, we aren’t paupers and our owners are Billionaires. We might be in a bit of a tough period but we aren’t desperate. 

the fact that we can't afford to buy any players unless we sell some tells a different story I'm afraid. They may be billionaires but they are not dipping into their own pockets to buy players are they? 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Wilson? 😂 Botman is untested in the league and he'll have to be very good to get anywhere near Evans and Fofana in terms of quality and consistency.

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's mad what happens when your manager can be arsed to turn up most days rather than giving the lads 2 or 3 days off a week :D From what I heard about Bruce, it's a miracle that any of your players could run around for longer than 60 minutes haha.

It's a shame Wilson can't stay fit for more then a month or two at a time as he has all the tools to be considered at Vardy's levels. We'll just never know how good he could have been unfortunately. Bruno definitely gets in a joint XI for me. I have no idea what Botman is like, but if he's as good as the hype suggests then you'd maybe be looking at a Botman/Fofana partnership. 

Botman is very good. Got all the tools to be a success in the PL, but it's always a gamble. Strong Woodgate vibes from him, in terms of playing style.

Wilson is a very good striker, and 3-4yrs Vardy's junior? Wilson + Vardy up front together though... there's a thought.

Bruno is a phenom. Get some better players around him, instead of Voldemort, Willock and Longstaff, and his game will kick on even further. Someone like.... Maddison?

There was a point under Bruce where the team only trained 4 days out of 11 and this was when we were very much in a relegation fight. He said it was on advice from the medical staff. Alright, lets say that's true, why don't you get the boys in to pore over the strategy, system, tactics for the upcoming game? Bring in an expert to work on player confidence, or whatever. Nah, thought Bruce, I'll just **** off on holiday to Portugal again instead.

I've nothing against West Brom, but I want them to stay down there until they turn on him. 

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

the fact that we can't afford to buy any players unless we sell some tells a different story I'm afraid. They may be billionaires but they are not dipping into their own pockets to buy players are they? 

Is the problem not that we have to many players and a high wage bill meaning FFP issues are in play?  So adding is not an option at the moment.   Dead-wood out first (proving horrendously difficult) - wage bill then comes down - room to bring some new blood becomes viable - but time is running out.  Last year´s window was a horror show.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Is the problem not that we have to many players and a high wage bill meaning FFP issues are in play?  So adding is not an option at the moment.   Dead-wood out first (proving horrendously difficult) - wage bill then comes down - room to bring some new blood becomes viable - but time is running out.  Last year´s window was a horror show.

It was and people are acting as if the issues we've had aren't attempting to be addressed.....

New physio, new doctor, new head of recruitment, a new keeper (as he was a massive issue on set pieces), trying to get rid of the deadwood we signed. Club haven't ignored these issues - it's just going to take time to fix.

And when you've given the manager everything he wants and then changed some of those things as they're not working, he's bound to be frustrated - particularly when he said it'd all be fixed by spending loads of money, which is exactly how we got into these challenges.

Moving Kasper on is going to be an incredibly delicate area for the club, he's legend, but he's also one that needs replacing and one with a sizeable ego. I've a lot of respect for the club and Rodgers taking on that challenge.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Romano has written an update on interest in Maddison but it’s behind a paywall:

https://caughtoffside.substack.com/p/the-frenkie-de-jong-saga-chelseas#§would-james-maddison-want-a-move-to-newcastle

If ever you need to read something behind a paywall, go here 12ft Ladder and C&P the url into the little box. Works for most sites

Edit - but not for this one it seems :blush:

Edited by TheFish
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

It was 50m yesterday, now its 40m, they haven't got a ****ing clue.

Parasites, the lot of them.