Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

12 minutes ago, TheFish said:

If ever you need to read something behind a paywall, go here 12ft Ladder and C&P the url into the little box. Works for most sites

Edit - but not for this one it seems :blush:

Only works for news sites because they submit a copy of the article to Google so that key words can be linked using ads.

Substacks won't work because they don't use Google Ads. 

45 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Botman is very good. Got all the tools to be a success in the PL, but it's always a gamble. Strong Woodgate vibes from him, in terms of playing style.

Wilson is a very good striker, and 3-4yrs Vardy's junior? Wilson + Vardy up front together though... there's a thought.

Bruno is a phenom. Get some better players around him, instead of Voldemort, Willock and Longstaff, and his game will kick on even further. Someone like.... Maddison?

There was a point under Bruce where the team only trained 4 days out of 11 and this was when we were very much in a relegation fight. He said it was on advice from the medical staff. Alright, lets say that's true, why don't you get the boys in to pore over the strategy, system, tactics for the upcoming game? Bring in an expert to work on player confidence, or whatever. Nah, thought Bruce, I'll just **** off on holiday to Portugal again instead.

I've nothing against West Brom, but I want them to stay down there until they turn on him. 

You'll be doing alright from set pieces this season with the amount of giants you've got playing for you now, Botman looks a big lad. 

There's no point arguing WIlson v Vardy on here, Man City fans would struggle to convince people that Haaland is a better option. My mates a toon fan though so I do get to here a bit more in-depth analysis about your players and when Wilson is fit and firing there really isn't much between the two, especially now. He scores all types of goals and is intelligent with his pace and strength. Unfortunately for him, he's never been able to play long enough for outsiders to appreciate his ability. I'd personally choose Daka as he's looking like the only one of the three that can complete a season haha

Honestly though, you're not fobbing Perez off onto us and then nicking Maddison from us when he's primed to have the season of his life. I'll see St James burn to the ground if that happens lol

That Bruce situation is one of many that my mate mentioned to me over the past few years. I did like the fact that Bruce and Southgate both are so tactically inept that they had to work with Graham Jones, just as someone who seems to have a basic grasp of top level tactics and game plans. This should be his last job in football, once he bombs at WBA and takes another cushty payday, surely no other club will touch him.

11 minutes ago, K789 said:

No kidding 

Screenshot_2022-08-02-10-10-39-719_com.twitter.android.jpg

OK OK, let's just roll with this and some Saudi sheikh personally wheelbarrows 60m notes to Seagrave with some body parts of journalists and we agree to take it (which we won't, but let's just say) ....spurs will just match the bid (minus body parts) and walk away with the player. 

They are humiliating themselves. If it wasn't so irritating, it'd be painful to watch

Edit; note how levy would be far too cute to embarrass his club with futile bids. He'll let these mug punters do it, and if it turns out ( to his surprise) that we are skint, he'll nip in at that point 

Edited by Paninistickers

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jesus H Christ.

The more he spoke, the more insane he made himself look lol Wilson over Vardy, is possibly the most idiotic thing I have heard any person come out with. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Is the problem not that we have to many players and a high wage bill meaning FFP issues are in play?  So adding is not an option at the moment.   Dead-wood out first (proving horrendously difficult) - wage bill then comes down - room to bring some new blood becomes viable - but time is running out.  Last year´s window was a horror show.

If that is the problem then it is one of our own making.I don't see any other Prem club with this problem, at least not in the state where they can't sign anyone. Even in our worse days as a club we signed players. If this really is true then someone at the club needs sacking. Are we saying the club had no idea what contracts were being given out and the consequences that go with it?

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’re a bit wound up by that Talksport clip…

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/08/gabby-agbonlahor-accuses-newcastle-united-of-showing-disrespect/

One of the comments suggests they should bid £60m+Chris Wood. 

I swear that's a couple of times recently that Gabby has spoken sense about us - the end is nigh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

the fact that we can't afford to buy any players unless we sell some tells a different story I'm afraid. They may be billionaires but they are not dipping into their own pockets to buy players are they? 

I agree with that. What I meant was, the offers they’re making aren’t worthy of consideration. Maddison for £40/50m is pointless. I’d rather not sign anyone than sell Maddison, especially for that kind of money.

They aren’t putting their hands in their pockets, I don’t expect them to. I meant they aren’t people who’s eyes are going to light up at £50m. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Mad that the second bid is the same price as the first, almost like there wasn't a second bid 🤣

It really is quite scary just how fast money has went to the heads of Newcastle fans. They have been something of a joke for the better part of decade yet give them 6 months with rich owners and they are just as entitled as any of the big 6' fanbase. 

...Don't get me wrong, I don't imagine our fans would take any longer to become insufferable cvnts. 

• Like 3

Hahaha, with the Newcastle tax applied this will be a huge fee for us to even consider it. Potentially our record fee received to realistically make it happen… 

Pretty safe to close the thread imo. If a CL starts bidding, then we can worry… 

• Like 1

Just now, TheFish said:

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think is fair market value for Maddison?

Current climate in comparison to Grealish, younger & more effective - probably 90m to 110m I'd say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1