Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think is fair market value for Maddison?

Based on how much we paid for a Championship player and the experience he's gained since and the numbers he put up last year. It's not hard to see you're a long way off

£65 imo

he is 27 in two years 

still saleable to a big club 

this looks like a complete waste of clicks to me …..I thought you’d got ashworth in to be more professional???

10 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I agree with that. What I meant was, the offers they’re making aren’t worthy of consideration. Maddison for £40/50m is pointless. I’d rather not sign anyone than sell Maddison, especially for that kind of money.

They aren’t putting their hands in their pockets, I don’t expect them to. I meant they aren’t people who’s eyes are going to light up at £50m. 

Yes agreed :thumbup:

50mil.  Frankly the higher his wages then the lower the sale price.  You could say that for evey 20k a week above 50k then it knocks 5mil off his price.

I would not expect us to sell for than 70mil.

4 minutes ago, TheFish said:

60-70m, but to league rival who we know have unlimited funds you’d expect to be able to squeeze a bit over that. 

We can always point at the Grealish deal. Maddison outperforms him. 

4 minutes ago, TheFish said:

What does his "fair market value" have to do with anything?  We don't want to sell him so why would we do so at anything close to a fair price? 

What Newcastle don't seem to understand is if you want to buy him, you'll have to pay WAY over the odds for him. It's that simple. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Is the problem not that we have to many players and a high wage bill meaning FFP issues are in play?  So adding is not an option at the moment.   Dead-wood out first (proving horrendously difficult) - wage bill then comes down - room to bring some new blood becomes viable - but time is running out.  Last year´s window was a horror show.

Can someone explain this FFP issue? I'm thinking surely the top 6 will have similar sized squads on bigger combined salaries than ours. What am I not understanding; is it in relation to the club's turnover or something? Thanks.

Just now, Pliskin said:

A minimum of £80m I would say. And considering his statistics last season, he surely is worth about £100m? 

I'd be saying between £80-100m too. 

Including bonuses for their qualification in to Europe within next 2-3 years if that's what they're forecasting at their end. 

18 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Good to see which way the media are spinning this one, it's Newcastle refusing to pay over the odds, not Leicester refusing to be pressured in to selling players for less than they're worth.

Yeah mate, journalists. You know what happens to journalists the Saudi’s have an issue with?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheFish said:

The top one is James Maddison all time premier league stats, the bottom is Jack Grealish - Jack Grealish went for 100 million - so maybe 110? 120?

D6B41242-9D13-46D2-BF24-056BBFB21A10.jpeg

E5D1B82A-1C18-4F25-B56E-592134311848.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Twitcher said:

Can someone explain this FFP issue? I'm thinking surely the top 6 will have similar sized squads on bigger combined salaries than ours. What am I not understanding; is it in relation to the club's turnover or something? Thanks.

Bigger Clubs are subject to different regulations. Look at Barce for example. They are bankrupt, have transfer debts to other Clubs and are still allowed to hoover up players by selling future TV revenues long into the future. We are mere minnows and are subject to multiple attempted muggings from Chelsea, Arsenal and even Newcastle now.  These are difficult times.  But at least we have business savvy owners who will get us through this period.

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

What does his "fair market value" have to do with anything?  We don't want to sell him so why would we do so at anything close to a fair price? 

What Newcastle don't seem to understand is if you want to buy him, you'll have to pay WAY over the odds for him. It's that simple. 

Agreed. I would say not a penny below 80m.

• Like 3

Maddison's end product now puts him upwards of £60m IMO. In our team he is now indispensable and therefore teams would have to overpay for him.

That said, if he told us there's no way he's signing a new deal and the optional 3rd year isn't straight forward then we could be pressured, but I just don't see Newcastle interesting him. I don't even think they are offering big wages yet.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheFish said:

At least same as Grealish. More importantly, much more than the pi*s take offers coming from the Tyneside Bedouin Circus Tent.  Just go away and be thankful you have Shelvey and Wagstaff.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

£65 imo

he is 27 in two years 

still saleable to a big club 

this looks like a complete waste of clicks to me …..I thought you’d got ashworth in to be more professional???

This is more professional though. We're trying to sign a player who reportedly wants to move. If our first bid was £60m, Leicester would ask for £80m. It makes total sense to come in under what we're willing to pay first and try to get a compromise, be that in teh overall valuation of the deal, or just how it's structured. Sounds like you want more up front than we want to pay. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

60-70m, but to league rival who we know have unlimited funds you’d expect to be able to squeeze a bit over that. 

We can always point at the Grealish deal. Maddison outperforms him. 

We don't have unlimited funds and even if we did, there's no sense in messing up our FFP wriggle room to buy Maddison. Grealish was massively over-priced, look at who's moved for less than half of that. Sterling, Jesus, Lewandowski et al. 

Transfermarkt has Maddison currently valued at £45m, Jack Grealish's Market Value at the time he signed for Man City was £90m.

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Leicester are definitely open to a deal, and from what I've heard, we're trying to do a deal around £60m all told. While expensive, I think that's reasonable. That is still 33% over his market value, yet some are suggesting paying more than twice his market value.

• Haha 2

Just now, TheFish said:

This is more professional though. We're trying to sign a player who reportedly wants to move. If our first bid was £60m, Leicester would ask for £80m. It makes total sense to come in under what we're willing to pay first and try to get a compromise, be that in teh overall valuation of the deal, or just how it's structured. Sounds like you want more up front than we want to pay. 

We don't have unlimited funds and even if we did, there's no sense in messing up our FFP wriggle room to buy Maddison. Grealish was massively over-priced, look at who's moved for less than half of that. Sterling, Jesus, Lewandowski et al. 

Transfermarkt has Maddison currently valued at £45m, Jack Grealish's Market Value at the time he signed for Man City was £90m.

Leicester are definitely open to a deal, and from what I've heard, we're trying to do a deal around £60m all told. While expensive, I think that's reasonable. That is still 33% over his market value, yet some are suggesting paying more than twice his market value.

£60m won't do it. And I think you massively overestimate Leicester's willingness to do a deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheFish said:

I haven't seen any willingness on our end, we've just been knocking back your offers.

I wouldn't get too invested in this transfer if I were you, it's very likely that this is Maddison's agent feeding the papers with stories to try and get leverage in contract negotiations which are rumoured to be underway.