Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison's end product now puts him upwards of £60m IMO. In our team he is now indispensable and therefore teams would have to overpay for him.

That said, if he told us there's no way he's signing a new deal and the optional 3rd year isn't straight forward then we could be pressured, but I just don't see Newcastle interesting him. I don't even think they are offering big wages yet.

He’s holding out for a London move anyway. I think he will sign an extension. Purely because we can say to him earn your bit and one of those London clubs will come for you. Or alternatively Man City, potentially.

I think he would want to leave on good terms, and he knows his value, so get him to own a new deal with an agreement that if one of his preferred clubs come in for him we will sell at the right price! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Transfermarkt has Maddison currently valued at £45m, Jack Grealish's Market Value at the time he signed for Man City was £90m.

Cucurella's TM value is 25m, yet Brighton will get over 40m - TM values are notoriusly crap, Grealish's value was 90m WHEN he moved to MC, 4 months before it was below 60m

So no, I think this is a disappointing way to operate - trying your luck because it is percevied we are hard up I guess  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The top one is James Maddison all time premier league stats, the bottom is Jack Grealish - Jack Grealish went for 100 million - so maybe 110? 120?

D6B41242-9D13-46D2-BF24-056BBFB21A10.jpeg

E5D1B82A-1C18-4F25-B56E-592134311848.jpeg

Dive into his stats a little deeper and you'll see why Man City paid so much for Grealish. Also, Grealish had 4 years left on his contract. Maddison has 2.

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

This is more professional though. We're trying to sign a player who reportedly wants to move. If our first bid was £60m, Leicester would ask for £80m. It makes total sense to come in under what we're willing to pay first and try to get a compromise, be that in teh overall valuation of the deal, or just how it's structured. Sounds like you want more up front than we want to pay. 

We don't have unlimited funds and even if we did, there's no sense in messing up our FFP wriggle room to buy Maddison. Grealish was massively over-priced, look at who's moved for less than half of that. Sterling, Jesus, Lewandowski et al. 

Transfermarkt has Maddison currently valued at £45m, Jack Grealish's Market Value at the time he signed for Man City was £90m.

Leicester are definitely open to a deal, and from what I've heard, we're trying to do a deal around £60m all told. While expensive, I think that's reasonable. That is still 33% over his market value, yet some are suggesting paying more than twice his market value.

Please show a credible statement that Madders wants to leave, not press bs speculation 🤷‍♂️ 

Your owners may have a lot of corrupt blood money but Newcastle as a career improving proposition are miles away from being a progressive move for top players!

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The Grealish figure does need to stop being used as a benchmark - I rate Maddison more highly than him but Man City clearly overpaid purely because they could. Having said that - talk of £45m being a fair value is also laughable. £60m-£70m is probably the right range all things considered, but we'd still be shooting ourselves in the foot at those prices so just don't see this happening at all.

What do you mean? both bankrolled by Oil money, what's stopping Newcastle from spending that much? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I wouldn't get too invested in this transfer if I were you, it's very likely that this is Maddison's agent feeding the papers with stories to try and get leverage in contract negotiations which are rumoured to be underway.

I'm not invested mate, I'm way too long in the tooth for that kind of thing. If we sign him, we sign him, if we don't I'm sure we'll try and get someone else. 

I'm not invested mate, I'm way too long in the tooth for that kind of thing. If we sign him, we sign him, if we don't I'm sure we'll try and get someone else. 

Swim somewhere else

3 minutes ago, TheFish said:

What happened to Paqueta? At one point he seemed like one of the definite bits of business you were going to do this summer.

4 minutes ago, Diffco said:

What do you mean? both bankrolled by Oil money, what's stopping Newcastle from spending that much? 

Don't want to obliterate our FFP wriggle room, don't want to set a precedent for over-spending, planning financially for short/medium/long term aims. And Maddison isn't 'worth' £80m+ in this market.

2yrs left on his deal, reported that he wants out, you need to make room in your wage/squad, etc.

90 million, 100 million, that's pure comedy gold.

The truth is Maddison is worth more to us than his open market value, which means selling him makes almost no sense no matter how desperate we are.  If it came to it I think they'd sell Fofana first because he might genuinely come close to that sort of money (closer to 80), and we'd stand a better chance of finding a makeshift last-minute replacement.

This is all speculation currently, but it would be a big departure from recent LCFC strategy if we were listening to offers. That’s not impossible given the well documented financial issues within the club and Maddison only having a relatively short remaining contract. 

Look at the precedent under our owners:

Kante - went under a release clause

Drinkwater - player forced through the move 

Mahrez - player forced through the move 

Maguire - was public about desire to join MUFC

(all players joining very established top four contenders) 

If Maddison gets public with a desire to move or he suddenly gets dropped because he’s “distracted” by the links. Then I think it’s game over in terms of him staying at Leicester. If that doesn’t happen and we still sell - well, it will be a sign of a major departure in strategy and a strong indication that the financial situation is seriously in need of resolution 

Edited by Jobyfox

Don't want to obliterate our FFP wriggle room, don't want to set a precedent for over-spending, planning financially for short/medium/long term aims. And Maddison isn't 'worth' £80m+ in this market.

2yrs left on his deal, reported that he wants out, you need to make room in your wage/squad, etc.

He's our most creative player along with Youri. Can't afford to potentially lose both. No chance he wants out, no chance lesta want to sell him. It would take a bid of 80/90m to even consider selling to you. 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What happened to Paqueta? At one point he seemed like one of the definite bits of business you were going to do this summer.

It's still bubbling along in the background, but his position isn't a priority right now. If, at the end of the window he's still available for c£35m and we can justify the outlay we might sign him. 

10 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Nothing. But they haven't thrown around the big bucks yet. My point is more that it would take way over market value for us to consider it - so potentially £80m. And Newcastle seem to not want the image of a rich kid in a sweet shop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

This is all speculation currently, but it would be a big departure from recent LCFC strategy if we were listening to offers. That’s not impossible given the well documented financial issues within the club and Maddison only having a relatively short remaining contract. 

Look at the precedent under our owners:

Kante - went under a release clause

Drinkwater - player forced through the move 

Mahrez - player forced through the move 

Maguire - was public about desire to join MUFC

(all players joining very established top four contenders) 

If Maddison gets public with a desire to move or he suddenly gets dropped because he’s “distracted” by the links. Then I think it’s game over in terms of him staying at Leicester. If not, well, it will be a sign of a major departure in strategy and a strong indication that the financial situation is seriously in need of resolution 

There is absolutely no credible rumour (outside of Newcastle fans' fever dreams) that Maddison is pushing for any kind of move, let alone to Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, TheFish said:

If you're looking to take a star player away from a club then be prepared to pay for an over-inflated price for the player. If Newcastle aren't prepared to pay what the other club values the loss then there's really no point in debating this any further. A players "worth" is based on what the holding club is prepared to accept and what the buying club is prepared to pay.

4 minutes ago, TheFish said:

He's worth every penny of 80 million. Where else are going to get a midfielder who has scored a8 goals and provided 12 assists in the premership for less.

His skill on the Ball is worth at least 10k on the Gate alone just like Gazza was.

19 minutes ago, TheFish said:

This is more professional though. We're trying to sign a player who reportedly wants to move. If our first bid was £60m, Leicester would ask for £80m. It makes total sense to come in under what we're willing to pay first and try to get a compromise, be that in teh overall valuation of the deal, or just how it's structured. Sounds like you want more up front than we want to pay. 

We don't have unlimited funds and even if we did, there's no sense in messing up our FFP wriggle room to buy Maddison. Grealish was massively over-priced, look at who's moved for less than half of that. Sterling, Jesus, Lewandowski et al. 

Leicester are definitely open to a deal, and from what I've heard, we're trying to do a deal around £60m all told. While expensive, I think that's reasonable. That is still 33% over his market value, yet some are suggesting paying more than twice his market value.

worrying aspect is if Maddison does go will the fee be reinvested in player / players , if not then it's looking quite bleak going forward.