Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Hold on just a second..... Are we really at the stage where we are taunting people about overpaying for Ayoze Fvcking Perez??!!

That's like a bunch of Saudi fans showing up and mocking us about taking Musa from us. 

Nope, the Geordie fella seemed to think we needed a lesson in transfer dealings. I'm just pointing out our club is a little more experienced than his in how to nick players. Essentially, put up  (imo around 115m - mostly up front - and I'd at least consider a deal) or shut up.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Nope, the Geordie fella seemed to think we needed a lesson in transfer dealings. I'm just pointing out our club is a little more experienced than his in how to nick players. Essentially, put up  (imo around 115m - mostly up front - and I'd at least consider a deal) or shut up.

I don't think it's much of a secret that you can quickly and quietly complete transfers by massively over paying!

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Thanks for the transfer  lecture Dude,  but whilst you lot have this last decade been dealing with Steve Bruce, Alan Carr's Dad and those ginger twins, we've watched our administration be involved in some of the biggest transfer dealings with the biggest clubs. Plus, when we deal for a player, we just go in and help ourselves like we did with your star player Perez. No fannying. We just cucked you and took him 😛

You did, because we were owned and run by a Dickens villain. Now we've got Bond villains. Have to say you've had the pants down of some pretty big clubs. Maguire, Drinkwater stand out, that's why Leicester are respected, you find a player and sell him on for profit. All the while performing well in the competitions. It's impressive work.

The only trouble is when you sign a few players for not-insignificant fees, who don't kick on, then you're lumbered with them until you sell at a loss, or release. We had it with Cabella, Saivet, and up untiol recently Joelinton. You had it with Benkovic, Iborra or Silva.

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, honestly. With respect, we know our football club a lot better than you do. We’re in a better position to know when our owners will likely do a deal and when they won’t. All the signs suggest we’re willing to let Tielemens and Schmiechel go, but not Maddison or Fofana. 

Sorry, that was meant to read "Honestly," not a question.

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, honestly. With respect, we know our football club a lot better than you do. We’re in a better position to know when our owners will likely do a deal and when they won’t. All the signs suggest we’re willing to let Tielemens and Schmiechel go, but not Maddison or Fofana. 

Re Madders and Fofana. Silly bids I’m sure will be accepted in that sense I’m quietly confident Newcastle are embarrassingly pissing in the wind and being used by an agent trying to get his client a better deal. 

Can see Chelsea stumping up though. 

Thing is every players is for sale, sure Maddison is for sale and perhaps a deal can be struck at some value

But would anyone expect his value to be less than Jesus? Less than Richarlison?

The answer should be NO surely?

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Thing is every players is for sale, sure Maddison is for sale and perhaps a deal can be struck at some value

But would anyone expect his value to be less than Jesus? Less than Richarlison?

The answer should be NO surely?

Should anyone expect it to be even near their fees, considering his numbers?  NO. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Should anyone expect it to be even near their fees, considering his numbers?  NO. 

The 45m seemd so far from reality I cannot believe it was serious and I actually still don`t, just more playing to their fans

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The 45m seemd so far from reality I cannot believe it was serious and I actually still don`t, just more playing to their fans

Agree to an extent, but they may just be testing our resolve. £75 million would get him, or at least club acceptance. So stop messing, offer the money and watch us dissolve in misery. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Agree to an extent, but they may just be testing our resolve. £75 million would get him, or at least club acceptance. So stop messing, offer the money and watch us dissolve in misery. 

Exactly, the first bid was never going to be accepted but if we'd started at £75m, Leicester would rightly have seen that as weakness and demanded £90m. It's just setting the expectations. Despite our reported wealth, we're not going to be taken for fools. And your rejection is clearly saying 'neither are we'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

Don't want to obliterate our FFP wriggle room, don't want to set a precedent for over-spending, planning financially for short/medium/long term aims. And Maddison isn't 'worth' £80m+ in this market.

2yrs left on his deal, reported that he wants out, you need to make room in your wage/squad, etc.

Look matey, we do not need to make room, we need to reduce the unwanted deadwood. Madders does not fit into that criteria. We do not need to sell any player that WE do not WANT to sell. Get your facts right and stop reading The Newcastle Gazette.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

Look matey, we do not need to make room, we need to reduce the unwanted deadwood. Madders does not fit into that criteria. We do not need to sell any player that WE do not WANT to sell. Get your facts right and stop reading The Newcastle Gazette.

Isn't getting shot of Deadwood making room?

I've read multiple reports from multiple sources that say, quite clearly, that the story has legs. If there was no way you were selling, the story would already be over. There must be some signs of encouragement to keep Newcastle interested. Take Diaby for example, we were interested, we made a bid, they told us no and we moved on. Now, we're talking roughly the same figures, both players are highly regarded within and without their club so why did we move on so quickly from him and not from Maddison?

I'm not saying Newcastle are definitely going to get Maddison, or that anyone will. I'm just saying the deal isn't dead, yet.

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

I've read multiple reports from multiple sources that say, quite clearly, that the story has legs. If there was no way you were selling, the story would already be over. There must be some signs of encouragement to keep Newcastle interested. Take Diaby for example, we were interested, we made a bid, they told us no and we moved on. Now, we're talking roughly the same figures, both players are highly regarded within and without their club so why did we move on so quickly from him and not from Maddison?

I'm not saying Newcastle are definitely going to get Maddison, or that anyone will. I'm just saying the deal isn't dead, yet.

Tbh, I'm starting to think that if the money was right, they would accept. From what I can see the club have flat out rejected all bids so far - they aren't dishing out any ultimatums, but they're going to see if you're willing to get a lot closer to their valuation. It's not going to get over the line with these low-ball structured offers and I think Newcastle would be mad not to just pay what we're after, given the calibre of player you'd be getting.

5 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Such as? Also not saying it has nolegs, just there is so much crap out there

8 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Brendan made fun of your bid in front of the press. Do you actually want to be humiliated even further?

• Like 2