Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

31 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Feel sorry for Wrighty that his name is even appearing in the same sentence as Mills. Wrighty is superb I must say.

He really is, i was wondering the other day given how good he often is with monologues, whether he could replace Gary when his time is up?

Can't say i've ever seen him present something, and I know it's a very different gig, but just feel like he could do a good job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He really is, i was wondering the other day given how good he often is with monologues, whether he could replace Gary when his time is up?

Can't say i've ever seen him present , and I know it's a very different gig, but just feel like he could do a good job.

He does game shows 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Think we're quite lucky that Newcastle are the only ones showing interest. If it were a London CL club they'd probably have a) paid the money and b) he'd already be gone by now. I can see this dragging on and ending in a new JM contract.

If anybody is going to go, it will be Fofana as Chelsea may become desperate enough to cough up what we want - and they can afford it. There is no way the club will allow Fofana and Maddison to leave in the same window.

Out of all our players linked with moves away, I'd hate to see Maddison move - he's our best player and we should be building around him.

Realistically while Southgate is in charge, he has no chance playing for England, so cannot see that as a reason to move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

There’s a reason mills has been pretty much dumped by the bbc and people like Ian Wright have formed prominent careers with them. Wright was talking over the weekend how he found punditry hard when he first started due to the lack of research he did. Recognising this he went away and did plenty of work researching and reading the subject he is being paid well to represent and talk about and he has reaped the rewards, being knowledgeable and likeable.

Mills on the other hand appears to do about 20 minutes research on social media about an hour or two before going on air and then taking half backed rumours and fan myths as as fact. He’s lazy and lacks intelligence and thinks being an ex pro is enough. Eventually talkSPORT will ditch him and he’ll then be joining us as the “expert” pundit on some dodgy foreign stream we’ll be watching us play on. 

You have to remember Mills has always been negative about LCFC

Toontastic thinks its just a matter of time, but I wanted to sign-up just to tell them that they are being played as he is likely getting a new long term contract (They even said, "Or we will just get him in January...")

Just could not be arsed

10 hours ago, Sampson said:

Christ alive. This is bordering on Putin levels of propaganda. He was absolutely sensational from about October onwards last season.

Between December 28th - April 3rd he produced 3 goals and 2 assists in league games -that has to be one of the most selective useage of stats and carefully and deliberately manipulation of data I’ve ever seen.

”not sure how people forget about this stuff?” Mate - you are the one forgotting that we didn’t play a league game for about 6 weeks due to covid postponements and that the first team was being rotated and often rested in league games so they could prioritise Europe.

Yes, Maddison got those numbers in the league , that’s because he started exactly 7 league games in that time! Due to all the covid postponements we had and him being rested for more important European matches. 5 goal contributions from 7 starts is an extremely good record, certainly far from “being absolutely garbage”. All while he was scoring goal after goal in the European matches he was being prioritied for.

He was absolutely brilliant between December-April last year. 

“Maddison is not someone who will drag a team forward when they’re playing badly”?? What the actual ****? He must have done that in about 15 separate games last season. 

We had one of the worst defences in the league last season and weren’t playing well at all for most of the season but were the 5th top scorers and reached a European semi-final, nearly all down to Maddison and Vardy. Maddison and Vardy dragged us through countless games last season and were the only difference between being in a relegation battle and finishing top half.

Honestly, one of the most baffling and dumbfounding posts I’ve ever seen on here with extremely bizarre use of selective stats and that’s saying  a lot. Maddison was sensational in that period you are talking about, probably the best English attacking player in the country. “Absolutely garbage” ?What the actual **** were you smoking in the second half of last season?

Excellent post

Is this the Ian Wright love in thread?  Hope so, love the guy. One of the very few ex players who speaks any sense at all. Of course he has his little bias, which is often amusing, but he is honest, forthright and considered in what he says. One of the very best. 

Anyway, in honour of Wrighty’s qualities let me say this. Madders would be an utter cockwomble to even consider Newcastle. What he needs to do is knuckle down again, have a blinding season again and then assess his options, which will

likely include more than a black and white striped stick of shite tasting rock. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Hmmm. I wonder which club is paying the sun now. Used to be a Man Utd love fest, now it’s Saudi Arabia Utd

It's the Sun's Newcastle twitter feed - ie. it's specifically for Newcastle fans. Of course they're going to blow smoke up their arses.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

If anybody is going to go, it will be Fofana as Chelsea may become desperate enough to cough up what we want - and they can afford it. There is no way the club will allow Fofana and Maddison to leave in the same window.

Agreed. After the initial frenzy, I'm starting to think neither will go tbh.

A lot of Newcastle fans are convinced that 60-65m will be enough it really is comical reading some of the comments on their forum. Of all the clubs to suddenly become the richest in Europe it had to be the one with the fans whom arguably have the lowest set of IQ’s. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

A lot of Newcastle fans are convinced that 60-65m will be enough it really is comical reading some of the comments on their forum. Of all the clubs to suddenly become the richest in Europe it had to be the one with the fans whom arguably have the lowest set of IQ’s. 

But we’ll ask for basically all of it upfront lol like we did for slab head

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's the Sun's Newcastle twitter feed - ie. it's specifically for Newcastle fans. Of course they're going to blow smoke up their arses.

I think they’re still a bit bitter that we easily took their perceived best player at the time a few years ago. We have also thrashed them a few times and are probably the club they have most been envious of in the last 5 / 6 years - they will be insufferable if they become regular top 4