Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

4 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Newcastle fans think this account  is reliable 

They've left £50m on the table - with a deadline. I can just see Top now. 

Newc: It getting withdrawn on Friday.

Top: Ok.

Newc: We are serious.

Top: Ok.

Newc: £50m.

Top: Tic, Tock. I'll get Jon to send a fax, he's quite good at that. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's bizarre that they'd even consider coming back. You'd assume we've told them they're miles off his valuation and whilst I'm normally pretty pragmatic about the fact our players will want to move on, I honestly can't actually see Madders wanting to go there. 

He's a really a smart kid in a footballing sense, he lives and breathes the game, studies it. He going to know it'll take Newcastle years to get to the level where they're competing for Champions League places. By the time they have a squad ready for silverware, he'll probably be in his thirties. 

Plus, it's not really like he can use them as a stepping stone. They'll have the financial power to trap him there for the full duration of any contract he signs. It just wouldn't be an intelligent move at all for a guy who is quite obviously, hands down our best player at the moment and is probably good enough to start tempting absolutely elite level clubs if he has another good year this year. 

Crystal ball !! How do you know it would take them years to get fourth place? They might get fourth next season there is no absolute certainty they wouldn’t especially with more top class signings this Jan next summer and Maddison joining them. I hope he stays though he is great 

2 years left on his contract (not that a contract means anything anyway), if he fancies it, and i'm sure he does, god help us but it might happen. Really depends if the club are indeed skint, we're deffo going down if he goes though, I think without Tielemens and Fofana we're too weak in quality as it is

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

We need to get James on a new contract with a release clause.of 65 million.

That way he'll sign and not feel  too trapped in.

This will give him the incentive to play well

Week in and out.

It's not ideal but it's better than the Tillersman situation.

Thought you were talking about Matty James for a second 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But again, this is just dumb isn't it. I really can't see him wanting to go there. He's probably one good season away from being able to attract interest from the likes of United and Chelsea, Arsenal have already had a sniff, he'd do a job at Spurs. 

Newcastle absolutely probably will be up there but you'd have to imagine it'll take them five or six years to get their act together. In the grand scheme of things that's actually not that long, but it's long enough that it's a problem for a guy of Madders age who is literally just about to hit his prime. 

dunno, did you see the game yesterday? sickens me to say it but it looks good fun being there atm, depends if they're willing to pay the wages, and i'm sure his agent could negotiate terms he wants i.e. CL clause.

It's certainly alot better than where we're at. It's so annoying, this shit should have been sorted at the start of the window.

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

dunno, did you see the game yesterday? sickens me to say it but it looks good fun being there atm, depends if they're willing to pay the wages, and i'm sure his agent could negotiate terms he wants i.e. CL clause.

It's certainly alot better than where we're at. It's so annoying, this shit should have been sorted at the start of the window.

Newcastle have spent some money to get a good first team. What they haven't yet done is built a full squad. There's a long season ahead, and they will suffer injuries and suspensions. They are going to do ok this season. Maddison won't be going there for the suggested £50m. If we're not going to budge on Fofana, we'll not be budging for him either.

Why would they go with an offer that gives an ultimatum like that lollol ?!

Okay, we'll just wait for the weekend and ignore your bid. And not even give you the grace to reject it lol.

Obviously it's probably all bollocks anyway.

How are we so poor with the players we have?

I would want £70 million for Maddison, £80+ million for Fofana £40 million for KDH, £55+million for Barnes, £25+ million for Castagne or Justin, £30+million for Ndidi or Tielemans...

And we have Evans and Vardy.

Our squad is unbalanced. A rw and another centre back should.make a difference.   We are seriously under-achieving.

• Like 4

What our fans need to realise,and an indirect way of supporting the club…

know that journalists & media platforms….see every window,a chance to

cynically lie & spread unbased rumours,because they really enjoy shxt stirring,and chose cynically the clubs they believe they want to fail…which in turn gives them

another platform to build on for the next story…
Today in comparison to yesteryear,there are so many media platforms & punditry has gone to new heights,

& today the under 50s and more so the under 30s fan are drawn in ,to the toxic soap-opera discussion…

instead of keeping to deeper more loyal club support…

This forum is the proof,its given in…

what hurts the most,is stories based on created non fact rumours,and determined fans to ALWAYS hold on to their own

context of various statements…

eg:  Before Xmas….from end of October…Rodgers, said I can’t hide behind our injuries,or individual mistakes,its my responsibility…The squad results,live & die by the manager,and I will take most of the flak…

My team Whoever I select will at least be tryers…and we have a good group of honest lads…
Yes we have several chronic long term injuries,let other outside make what they will,we have what we have,We the coaching staff can’t talk or plan on those group of missing players…We will have to work with the flexability our players and my selection..( Any fan knew he was hurting). But defended the group & team errors…

Into the new year,quite rightly,without mentioning names,he said even when we show poor form,the players  have hit the part

of the season,where they and I have to learn from the mistakes,and returnees or replacement,might need a few games,but

they including myself might have to accept we are quite not where we should be,on performance & those small details,

to get the aspired result.Concentration & discipline in the last 5-10 minutes is lacking,but they have show the next time.

He made in the feb-march week a statement in an interview,he was disappointed, the team ( though some individuals was meant) were lacking in those last 15 minutes. Though a couple of games,the team had a slow start.

I could mention 10s of other interviews, where he was open & candid,but most never hid behind the injury crisis,

( which to be fair he had the right to do so).  Never blamed individual players,but later in the season hit on the those

error that cost us games…

unlike some,through the course of the season,I don’t cherry pick, statements,or a few words out of context,that many love

to take,& twist to create their agenda…

I am displeased with some Rodgers tactics,but that part & partial of being a fan,I wont twist every single point,because I have got the hots to disrupt the workings ,motivation, good movements & positives a club or manager makes…

Again the hate & agendas on here are cynically quite sick…,,!,

We don’t know the players/squad present demeaner there is know ITK that can lay it out…..
Too many inappropriate lies,too many wild opinions….

If Rodgers is not the right man,bring honest even square opinions,but stop the fking contemptable build up of created non fact opinions, and use them to build non based fact, lies & thoughts where club & manager are in a miserable state of chaos.

1000 fans don’t like or support the true club….look at the opinion polls…every time 500-600 fans take part, and some twat

builds that is 75% of the fans…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

What our fans need to realise,and an indirect way of supporting the club…

know that journalists & media platforms….see every window,a chance to

cynically lie & spread unbased rumours,because they really enjoy shxt stirring,and chose cynically the clubs they believe they want to fail…which in turn gives them

another platform to build on for the next story…
Today in comparison to yesteryear,there are so many media platforms & punditry has gone to new heights,

& today the under 50s and more so the under 30s fan are drawn in ,to the toxic soap-opera discussion…

instead of keeping to deeper more loyal club support…

This forum is the proof,its given in…

what hurts the most,is stories based on created non fact rumours,and determined fans to ALWAYS hold on to their own

context of various statements…

eg:  Before Xmas….from end of October…Rodgers, said I can’t hide behind our injuries,or individual mistakes,its my responsibility…The squad results,live & die by the manager,and I will take most of the flak…

My team Whoever I select will at least be tryers…and we have a good group of honest lads…
Yes we have several chronic long term injuries,let other outside make what they will,we have what we have,We the coaching staff can’t talk or plan on those group of missing players…We will have to work with the flexability our players and my selection..( Any fan knew he was hurting). But defended the group & team errors…

Into the new year,quite rightly,without mentioning names,he said even when we show poor form,the players  have hit the part

of the season,where they and I have to learn from the mistakes,and returnees or replacement,might need a few games,but

they including myself might have to accept we are quite not where we should be,on performance & those small details,

to get the aspired result.Concentration & discipline in the last 5-10 minutes is lacking,but they have show the next time.

He made in the feb-march week a statement in an interview,he was disappointed, the team ( though some individuals was meant) were lacking in those last 15 minutes. Though a couple of games,the team had a slow start.

I could mention 10s of other interviews, where he was open & candid,but most never hid behind the injury crisis,

( which to be fair he had the right to do so).  Never blamed individual players,but later in the season hit on the those

error that cost us games…

unlike some,through the course of the season,I don’t cherry pick, statements,or a few words out of context,that many love

to take,& twist to create their agenda…

I am displeased with some Rodgers tactics,but that part & partial of being a fan,I wont twist every single point,because I have got the hots to disrupt the workings ,motivation, good movements & positives a club or manager makes…

Again the hate & agendas on here are cynically quite sick…,,!,

We don’t know the players/squad present demeaner there is know ITK that can lay it out…..
Too many inappropriate lies,too many wild opinions….

If Rodgers is not the right man,bring honest even square opinions,but stop the fking contemptable build up of created non fact opinions, and use them to build non based fact, lies & thoughts where club & manager are in a miserable state of chaos.

1000 fans don’t like or support the true club….look at the opinion polls…every time 500-600 fans take part, and some twat

builds that is 75% of the fans…

Best post I've ever read on here 

Somebody on here previously said that Maddison wouldn't contemplate going north and wants to play in the capital. 

He's happy here, I reckon he'll sign another contract and leave next year given that he's at his prime and every year counts for him right now seeing that he's in his mid twenties.

• 1 month later...

I see the Maddison rumours are starting again....

THE TIMES

Newcastle United are interested in signing Leicester City's James Maddison in January as they look to add creativity to their team.

• Haha 1

It would have to be a mental offer for us to sell him in January.

Didn't we once reject a £90m offer for Mahrez when we were just comfortable mid table with no real chance of Europe or relegation? 

Why would we sell our best player when we're genuinely in the shit? He'll still be worth a lot in the summer.

• Like 1