Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He’d also fetch a pretty penny in January. 

He would but if it happened the clubs ownership will have resigned to the fact that we're going down or their finances are in a far worse state what's been reported as a short term issue with the wage bill that will practically self resolve next summer. Will find out in January!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Id take the £50m in Jan and invest for the championshop with our relegation parachute payments, we will be the wealthiest championshiop club in the country then. #uptherodgers #wereeemasssive

Wait till we spunk £200k p/w on Charlie Adam as the replacement :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

All this transfer speculation makes me so damn sad. How have we declined so much in the space of one season where we are linked to offloading all out top players.

even if it’s not all true our owners are not helping the situation. We are in such a weakened state at the moment with moral sinking. I see no signs there is a light at the end of the tunnel just gloom. I love madders and he’s our player. Making the situation such that he has no option but to take a gig like Newcastle if it comes for him again is tragic. We will deeply regret this in seasons to come. What has happened to Vichai’s dream? Surely he was not contemplating this mess we’re in. If we go down it will undo all the years of hard work and success and tarnish our reputation.

the fightback starts at forest to wake up from this never ending nightmare. Sick of it.

Should of acted when the iron was hot, the ownership has got complatent. and didnt sell the club to a RICH saudi guy that can throw money left right and center.  k thanks

I really don’t believe Maddison is as interested in them as these reports keep trying to make out. If he’s going to leave he’ll be going somewhere better.

Also think there is absolutely no way we sell in Jan with the crap we’re in at minute. 

Edited by Hamilton Fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I really don’t believe Maddison is as interested in them as these reports keep trying to make out. If he’s going to leave he’ll be going somewhere better.

Also think there is absolutely no way we sell in Jan with the crap we’re in at minute. 

My head would be turned if I was him. Progressive club who will only go in one direction. Playing in front of 50,000 passionate fans rather than the grandma's tea party at Leicester. Plus he'd be well paid.

If I was his agent I'd infirm the club he won't be signing a new deal and that it'd be in their best interest to accept a fair offer of £40 million from Newcastle in the summer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I hope so. Madders has actually come out and said he wasn’t interested. It’s the select media spinning it like he was. I’m sure he checked it out like any of us would.

he’s ambitious he knows he could do much better then Newcastle. Yeh he will wait until the summer. No idea what stupid offer Newcastle are rumoured to come at us with in January. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we've already borrowed against our parachute payments. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Think it's just a % of the current seasons guaranteed TV money with the facility to do the same over the next few seasons as well

• Like 1

Notice that a double deal with Newcastle for Maddison and Tielemans is being banded about. Would this solve all of our money problems in one swoop? If so, it may be in our best interests to cash in and start rebuilding a new team.

Yes, Maddison has been our best player this season but Tielemans has been one of the worst. We would need to find a Madders replacement for a lower fee and on a smaller contract.

I think it might be the best way to sort out the current torture that we are having to endure.

Also some free transfers next summer with out of contract players could further help our wage bill.

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

All this transfer speculation makes me so damn sad. How have we declined so much in the space of one season where we are linked to offloading all out top players.

even if it’s not all true our owners are not helping the situation. We are in such a weakened state at the moment with moral sinking. I see no signs there is a light at the end of the tunnel just gloom. I love madders and he’s our player. Making the situation such that he has no option but to take a gig like Newcastle if it comes for him again is tragic. We will deeply regret this in seasons to come. What has happened to Vichai’s dream? Surely he was not contemplating this mess we’re in. If we go down it will undo all the years of hard work and success and tarnish our reputation.

the fightback starts at forest to wake up from this never ending nightmare. Sick of it.

Maybe we need to sack the manager, clearly the players don't like him or they would all sign new contracts and not looking to move on. 

The board is ****ing pathetic keeping Rodgers just to try and justify giving him a new contract, get ****ing rid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jock's Hill said:

Notice that a double deal with Newcastle for Maddison and Tielemans is being banded about. Would this solve all of our money problems in one swoop? If so, it may be in our best interests to cash in and start rebuilding a new team.

Yes, Maddison has been our best player this season but Tielemans has been one of the worst. We would need to find a Madders replacement for a lower fee and on a smaller contract.

I think it might be the best way to sort out the current torture that we are having to endure.

Also some free transfers next summer with out of contract players could further help our wage bill.

Selling our best player and replacing them with a worse player is going to get us relegated (we already done the same with our best defender). Then next season all we will be getting is free transfers for the championship anyway

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Simoken said:

Id take the £50m in Jan and invest for the championshop with our relegation parachute payments, we will be the wealthiest championshiop club in the country then. #uptherodgers #wereeemasssive

Element of truth in that. Could be following the Norwich City profile of Relegation and quick return but ultimately need to develop our academy with our wonderful new training complex  🤔

13 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maybe we need to sack the manager, clearly the players don't like him or they would all sign new contracts and not looking to move on. 

The board is ****ing pathetic keeping Rodgers just to try and justify giving him a new contract, get ****ing rid.

Place him on gardening leave , less costly initially and would be a dent in his massive ego.

52 minutes ago, jerry said:

Element of truth in that. Could be following the Norwich City profile of Relegation and quick return but ultimately need to develop our academy with our wonderful new training complex  🤔

more like a holiday home with an indoor swimming pool so they can play water polo and 9 hole golf in the afternoon.. incompetance at its finest.

• Sad 1