Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

I wouldn't blame any ambitious player who doesn't see their future with us. We've gone from one of the most well run, proactive PL clubs to a basketcase within a few years. Our much vaunted recruitment is a shambles, we've got no money and a coaching staff that seem to have no clue. As sad as it is to say, we cant allow another Youri situation, either Maddison signs or we sell.

• Thanks 1

I mean if any one of us were in Maddison's shoes we'd be trying to salvage something for the 2026 World Cup. He'll be nearing 30 by then I think and in the final years of his career. At the moment he's on a sinking ship being overlooked even if he won the Ballon d'or. Imagine the WhatsApp messages going back and forth between the current 20-something year olds in the team.

We'll get a decent fee for him and give a new manager some money to spend. His stock's pretty high, it'd be a fair bit higher if Southgate wasn't such a tit, so we'll get well reimbursed. Whether thar's in January or the summer, time will tell.

On 29/09/2022 at 20:10, ronnup said:

If he goes we're ****ed

Yeah, I agree.

He's really the only creative spark we have and we should be building around him.

I'm worried if we lose him and Vardy continues to decline and Tielemans gone... That's a lot of goals for Harvey Barnes to score.

I really feel lost with the club right now, even if we stay up I just don't see a long term plan to solve the problems we face all over the pitch in terms of first team starting personnel. Genuinely worried no matter who the manager will be in 2023/4 we need some serious investment to be competitive and maybe even stay in the PL.

• Like 1

Even if things turn around and we stay up he will be sold, not signed a new contract and will want away, after letting so many players run their contracts down, doubt the club will take the risk but I cant see them selling him mid season, fortunately I doubt he has the patience to sit here another season waiting for a free so gone at the end of the season definitely in my opinion.

I'd actually be massively gutted if he goes. One who will no doubt improve any team he joined.

Without the European football carrot, it'll be very difficult to keep him here beyond the summer. Especially when Southgate's made his criteria clear

Edited by TK95

On 29/09/2022 at 20:10, ronnup said:

If he goes we're ****ed

We aren't, we just need to have 3 or 4 targeted replacements. 

Realistically now this is who we are, we need to let out superstars go and replace them with new talent. I woukd love us to pay Maddison what he wants to stay but we don't have the revenue to support this model. We should be greatdul madders is on top.form so that when he goes it's for a maximum fee.

• Like 3