Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

We aren't, we just need to have 3 or 4 targeted replacements. 

Realistically now this is who we are, we need to let out superstars go and replace them with new talent. I woukd love us to pay Maddison what he wants to stay but we don't have the revenue to support this model. We should be greatdul madders is on top.form so that when he goes it's for a maximum fee.

Unfortunately for a club our size that is the template we have to work too.

• Like 1

I worry he'll feel he has to go to get in the England squad. If he's not going to sign a new contract then unfortunately we will probably have to cash in this summer. Not sure where he'd go though, I'd like to think he wouldn't go to Newcastle no matter how much they offer, Spurs maybe, Man Utd like spending on players they don't really need. I actually think Liverpool would benefit from adding a player like him to their squad but he isn't a typical Klopp player. 

47 minutes ago, Criggers said:

Can see him going Newcastle or Arsenal somehow. Don’t know who else would want him. Can’t imagine him at Chelsea for whatever reason. If Arsenal manage top four, seems even more realistic.

Except their captain Odegaard is their 10.

If he leaves, I would like to see him at City when De Bruyne starts to slow down.

45 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Except their captain Odegaard is their 10.

If he leaves, I would like to see him at City when De Bruyne starts to slow down.

Fair point!

When will De Bruyne slow down though, still seems pretty good, timings been wrong somehow for Madders on that one I think. Unless he hangs around another year or so.

Maybe he’ll surprise us all and go to Madrid or something. He basically wants to be Becks after all 🤣

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It won’t matter because so many others will now be interested. 

I'd be really suprised if he went Newcastle. They'll all be looking at him.

He can do better than Newcastle. I get the arguments about them and I'm not disputing that it's a step up from us now, but it's a step in that they're hoping to do what we've done in Maddison's time here, when in fact in reality, he's good enough for better than them. My Chelsea supporting mate said he'd not think twice about signing him now, concedes he's comfortably better than Mount.

I don't think there's a top club with an obvious gap which he fills - Chelsea have Mount, Arsenal have Odegaard, United have Eriksen, City have got a wealth of players in similar positions, Spurs have only just bought Richarlison, he doesn't really seem like a Liverpool signing... You can see why Newcastle want him, but do they really have that much of a bigger draw than us right now? It's obviously a club that's going places, but they don't look like challenging the top 6 clubs any time soon. Would a move to Newcastle guarantee him an England spot? Doubtful I reckon.

As a side note, I've heard his GF moaning that Leicester is too far away from London where all her friends are - I'm sure something like that wouldn't stand in the way of a move, but it would play a part.

51 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I don't think there's a top club with an obvious gap which he fills - Chelsea have Mount, Arsenal have Odegaard, United have Eriksen, City have got a wealth of players in similar positions, Spurs have only just bought Richarlison, he doesn't really seem like a Liverpool signing... You can see why Newcastle want him, but do they really have that much of a bigger draw than us right now? It's obviously a club that's going places, but they don't look like challenging the top 6 clubs any time soon. Would a move to Newcastle guarantee him an England spot? Doubtful I reckon.

As a side note, I've heard his GF moaning that Leicester is too far away from London where all her friends are - I'm sure something like that wouldn't stand in the way of a move, but it would play a part.

I’d say that Chelsea would be the most likely destination for him at the moment because they don’t have a creative ten type player. Havertz is the closest and he’s rumoured to be heading back to Germany 

spurs also don’t have someone like him in their midfield and there was talk of them enquiring some time back (when arsenal were supposed to be sniffing) but they wouldn’t pay the price 

7 hours ago, indierich06 said:

It's true that there doesn't seem an obvious move for him right now. Not sure he could begrudge his girlfriend in asking to move in a particular direction, seeing she's moved half way across the world to live with him! 

• Like 1

We'd be out of our minds as a football club to consider any offer for Maddison in January, completely out of our minds it would be the difference between staying up and relegation.

• Like 2