Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Just now, UHDrive said:

Yes. Clubs replace sh*t players for better ones all of the time.

Oh I'm not saying Grealish is too good for them to both be there, I just think they're going to be absolutely nauseating together.

Just now, Mark_w said:

Oh I'm not saying Grealish is too good for them to both be there, I just think they're going to be absolutely nauseating together.

I was only jesting sorry. Agree with you. All we'll see for half of every game is their ankles being tapped with stoppages!

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

More than the £60m we sold him for?

I'm talking resale given thier age I.e. 25/26 and if they are that talented like mahrez and maddison clearly are then there eill still be money to be made even if its significantly less that their previous contracts. Imo of course..

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm talking resale given thier age I.e. 25/26 and if they are that talented like mahrez and maddison clearly are then there eill still be money to be made even if its significantly less that their previous contracts. Imo of course..

You only get a sell on percentage on anything more than you sold them for. Therefore they're generally worthless when selling a 26yo to an elite level club.

Either they're a success and stay and possibly get sold at 30 for less money or they flop and get sold for less money. You won't find many examples of a player being bought at 26 and getting sold for more money further down his career.

Eg sell to Man City for £60m, they sell for £80m and the 20% sell on clause is worth £4m not £16m.

Edited by Gerard

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You only get a sell on percentage on anything more than you sold them for. Therefore they're generally worthless when selling a 26yo to an elite level club.

Either they're a success and stay and possibly get sold at 30 for less money or they flop and get sold for less money. You won't find many examples of a player being bought at 26 and getting sold for more money further down his career.

Eg sell to Man City for £60m, they sell for £80m and the 20% sell on clause is worth £4m not £16m.

OK, well you've taught me a lesson today 🙂 

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It'll be Manchester City. They are remarkably efficient and fast when they know what they want. It's the least offensive option to me. Manchester City of all the potential suitors are impossible to care about which is good when losing a player like this. 

Agree could not bear it being "New"castle or Spurs..:shutup:

• Like 2

the problem with him going to man city, is that given his contract situation… i don’t think they would pay the most. 

I think you’d be able to get newcastle to throw a lot more at you 70m+ from them… man city will probably start at 50 and only go to 60 

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

the problem with him going to man city, is that given his contract situation… i don’t think they would pay the most. 

I think you’d be able to get newcastle to throw a lot more at you 70m+ from them… man city will probably start at 50 and only go to 60 

bidding war. We will sell to the highest bidder.

No one is going to question Maddison's ability , he is undoubtedly one of the most skilful midfielders in the PL. Why some clubs will be wary is his availability . and paying a lot of money for an injury prone player is never a good idea.That is why Man.City were reluctant to commit.

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

bidding war. We will sell to the highest bidder.

Im not suyre anyone is stupid enough to try that with Man city, they seem to always get a clear path to players. 

Plus once someone knows they want them, they wont want to go anywhere else. 

Even the mahrez fee was pathetic for what he was worth. 

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, westernpark said:

With his injury record I can’t see us getting over 50 million, coupled with his contract situation. 45 million gets him I reckon.

His injury record isn't actually that bad, not great but certainly not any worse than Harry Kane for example.

• Like 1