Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, somebum said:

I was thinking earlier how when he does finally leave, perhaps we will be looking at madders as the last really good player we had playing for us for a long time.

Yes, we have been blessed having the likes of prime Vardy, Mahrez, Maddison, Kante. Unfortunately that level of player will be few and far between for us now. 

3 hours ago, somebum said:

I was thinking earlier how when he does finally leave, perhaps we will be looking at madders as the last really good player we had playing for us for a long time.

Absolutely. Enjoy his last few months here. I suspect he will push hard for a move this summer and eventually get it. We should get big money for him, but we will struggle to replace him. If he had stayed injury free and kept his confidence high throughout his time with us, he would have been even better! 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Absolutely. Enjoy his last few months here. I suspect he will push hard for a move this summer and eventually get it. We should get big money for him, but we will struggle to replace him. If he had stayed injury free and kept his confidence high throughout his time with us, he would have been even better! 

If he had stayed injury free, he would have left before now.

23 hours ago, alanf0x said:

His number 1 choice is United but knows how much Pep wants him at City. Will be one of those 2 clubs in the summer. 

Personally hope it’s City

I wouldn’t mind if he went to Man Utd actually. Now they have got rid of Ronaldo and if they do the right thing and bin Greenwood, after their time in the wilderness and with Ten Haag now they seem somehow less offensive than in the past!

51 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Does anyone think there’s any chance of Madders signing a new contract?

I know it’s only one game but if we can keep playing the way we did today going forward, I feel more confident we may be able to keep him.

I think he enjoys playing for us, and has an affection for the club, but he can earn a lot more money elsewhere and play in Europe, we just can’t compete with that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think he enjoys playing for us, and has an affection for the club, but he can earn a lot more money elsewhere and play in Europe, we just can’t compete with

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think he enjoys playing for us, and has an affection for the club, but he can earn a lot more money elsewhere and play in Europe, we just can’t compete with that

I think you’re right and he does enjoy playing here but he’s also wanting more from his career than we can offer.  Is there any chance he signs a contract extension with us similar to Maguire and Fofana and then still leaves in the summer but for a much bigger fee?

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Does anyone think there’s any chance of Madders signing a new contract?

I know it’s only one game but if we can keep playing the way we did today going forward, I feel more confident we may be able to keep him.

No chance. He enjoys playing for the club, but knows it’s the right time to move to progress his career. Not interested in opening any talks

I guarantee this 

1. He won’t play every week / will have to get used to being rotated

2. Because of his history with injuries ( in the past ) with the step up in quality of players around him & team ( Utd or city ) he won’t stand out in performance like he does at Leicester hence the reason he won’t play weekly 

James is the star at Leicester & will always be first on the team sheet just like mahrez was , but he took time to adapt at city, will Maddison adapt ? And get the time ? Only time will tell , he’ll be going to earn mad money without playing regularly , what I’ve noticed is when you play for a top 3 team it’s seems to be more rigorous, can he stand that ? Only time will tell because I believe he will be leaving city come the end of the season I just hope for a good amount of ££££ , £70m I think buys him in today’s market 

I hope he doesnt go to those Geordie Melts, they are a long way of being a proper top club, yes they have the money from Saudi, a big fan base and are running lucky this year because Chelsea and Liverpool are both doggo. It wont last.

Madders would be better waiting for a proper club as he is good enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

His successor would have a hard time to make us impressed.

Similar to when Mahrez left really… no one will stand a chance and that’s partly to do with how good he is..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am still clinging to the hope that Madders would prefer to be top dog at Leicester and sign a new contract, be named captain and the man to lead our new era. 

That's gonna mean a miracle as well as 200k+ a week and a lot of promised investment...

Be gutted when he goes but he's giving us everything in every game , so I'll wish him well when he does move on.

There's not many better than him , when he's on it and Spurs got destroyed by him yesterday.

Hopefully we'll get a good fee , so we can invest in the squad again