Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am still clinging to the hope that Madders would prefer to be top dog at Leicester and sign a new contract, be named captain and the man to lead our new era. 

Was just about to say this.

I get giving Tielemans the armband trying to give him a reason to stay but I’d rather give it Maddison in a similar vain.

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I don’t think it matters how much we offer him if Man City are genuinely in for him. 

It’s the closest to guaranteed trophies you can get in England. 

With the charges hanging over them it might not be so clear cut - he’s a United fan - I reckon if they want him then he would go there.  His missus would be brilliant on real housewives …..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Pay him 250k a week on a 5 year contract. We need to build the team around him. 

Trouble is if he goes all Riccy P on the injury front then we're spunking out a huge wad for the next 5 years for nowt. I get that that's a pessimistic view, but it's also a consideration that'd mean it's likely not worth the risk. It's not like he's got an outstanding record of health even now.

On 03/02/2023 at 21:54, jayfox26 said:

Yes, we have been blessed having the likes of prime Vardy, Mahrez, Maddison, Kante. Unfortunately that level of player will be few and far between for us now. 

I remember people saying the same when Mahrez left but if anything, Maddison is proof that we’ve still been able to unearth and develop absolutely world class players. 

Of course, you can’t expect to unearth these players all of the time but we have had a lot of talent move through the team since the title win. Wish he’d stay but can see him moving. I sometimes wonder whether his drive to play for England has spurred him on in a manner that’s helped his game and whether he would’ve had a different trajectory had he gone to United years ago.

• Like 1

He’ll have so many offers in the summer. He offers goals, assists, good age, marketable, English, good pro and articulate with the press. What’s not to like?! The only slight downside is his injury record but given his contract someone would take him for a good fee surely. Just can’t imagine him signing an extension here.

If maddison goes (and Tielemans) I wouldn't mind a punt on Jarod Bowen. He has the experience in an ACM forward role plus he's a set peice taker. 

Downfalls are that he's being overplayed in Moyes team this season and is playing sh*te but they've had a lot of injuries and he could be tempted. I expect Ric will castrate me for this and I await is chastising response.

Food for thought. 

The latest comms for Rodgers tell you everything you need to know…

No, (there’s nothing more Leicester can do to convince Maddison). I think he knows how much he’s loved and the impact he’s had here.

“It’s just going to be about him and where he sees the next steps of his career. That’s nothing against the club or against anyone"

Thanks for the good memories Madders. Onwards and upwards for you

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

The latest comms for Rodgers tell you everything you need to know…

No, (there’s nothing more Leicester can do to convince Maddison). I think he knows how much he’s loved and the impact he’s had here.

“It’s just going to be about him and where he sees the next steps of his career. That’s nothing against the club or against anyone"

Thanks for the good memories Madders. Onwards and upwards for you

If only we have given him a song… 

5 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If maddison goes (and Tielemans) I wouldn't mind a punt on Jarod Bowen. He has the experience in an ACM forward role plus he's a set peice taker. 

Downfalls are that he's being overplayed in Moyes team this season and is playing sh*te but they've had a lot of injuries and he could be tempted. I expect Ric will castrate me for this and I await is chastising response.

Food for thought. 

Better value for money out there. Player will probably think it is a sideways step, too. Plus the London appeal. I do like Bowen, though. 

7 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Food for thought. 

Yeh wouldn't happen. They'd want £40m plus, he's got a young family I think, will stay in London. Far better value options out there. 

I don’t even want to imagine Maddison leaving. I’m going to feel absolutely sick the day he moves on.

He’s such a top professional and deserves to play at the highest possible level. I’m gutted but we can’t offer him what he wants which I assume is European football and trophy collecting. Also the fact that playing for a bigger team hugely increases his chances of playing for England again.

• Like 1

If/when Maddison does leave I hope he gets the credit he deserves from City fans as he’s been a great player for us and in my opinion he has our club at heart, give him the armband, a hefty pay rise and contract, if he leaves he does so with his head held high unlike the last pair of nomarks who scuttled off to Chelsea… :appl:

• Like 4

On 12/02/2023 at 08:51, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am still clinging to the hope that Madders would prefer to be top dog at Leicester and sign a new contract, be named captain and the man to lead our new era. 

Honestly if we can shift the deadwood, for example Bertrand reportedly on 80k a week, i'd give the lot to madders to keep him here, we could shift 3-4 players and not be any worse off than we are today, what would madders get paid somewhere like spurs? 150-170k a week? We can easily afford that just be shifting the multiple deadwood players we have and still have a huge wad of wages to play with. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly if we can shift the deadwood, for example Bertrand reportedly on 80k a week, i'd give the lot to madders to keep him here, we could shift 3-4 players and not be any worse off than we are today, what would madders get paid somewhere like spurs? 150-170k a week? We can easily afford that just be shifting the multiple deadwood players we have and still have a huge wad of wages to play with. 

The money is irrelevant, he will get that money at his new club and more no doubt.

He'll want to go to a club and play Champions League and win trophies. I have already accepted months ago that this will be his last season, if we were the team we were a few years ago he might have stayed but we're a mid table team at best now and he'll be off and I will wish him all the best and it's very rare I say that about a player but he deserves 100% of our good wishes.

• Like 3

Interesting comments from him about being a leader etc, also he is one of those players, like Youri that needs to play week in week out (when fit), would he get that at a big club, highly unlikely. 

whilst it would be a real coup for the club to tie him down to a longer term deal, the recent signings and the opportunity to be involved in a new exciting chapter at a club where he is truly revered and with a manager who has got him playing his best ever football and hitting unreal goal involvement numbers, I still don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that he could sign an extended deal and become captain of the club and the focal point of the new era.