Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Percy today is running the story that Man City, yanited, spurs and Newcastle are all interested - and he goes irrespective of our fate. 

if all four are genuinely interested then I think we may well get around 50m 

I also think he’s be best going to Man City where his game time can be managed better than the others 

if the United takeover goes through,they’ll have cash to burn…

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Percy today is running the story that Man City, yanited, spurs and Newcastle are all interested - and he goes irrespective of our fate. 

I also think he’s be best going to Man City where his game time can be managed better than the others 

tbf I think Man City would be the better option too

sad that he'll go but think the squad as a whole needs a overhaul and hopefully the money will help

Although it’s obvious we were going to have to sell in the summer, not sure it’s great for us having articles about our best player being sold whether we go down or not.. not exactly motivation to play well to keep us up as he’s off whatever happens. (I don’t think he’s the kind of person to be affected by it personally just don’t think great timing)

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I've mentioned in another thread, but I can see him struggling fitness wise at these clubs. Having 4 fronts to compete on means games coming thick and fast. He always manages to pick up a knock and is off his game for a while. 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I've mentioned in another thread, but I can see him struggling fitness wise at these clubs. Having 4 fronts to compete on means games coming thick and fast. He always manages to pick up a knock and is off his game for a while. 

Hence my point about Man City who can afford to manage him 

24 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Although it’s obvious we were going to have to sell in the summer, not sure it’s great for us having articles about our best player being sold whether we go down or not.. not exactly motivation to play well to keep us up as he’s off whatever happens. (I don’t think he’s the kind of person to be affected by it personally just don’t think great timing)

I kind of agree but let’s face it, Madders, his agent, the club and clubs touted all know the situation so it doesn’t really change anything.

Cant believe people are giving this kid a hard time after that performance, I thought he was one of the best on the pitch lastnight. Yes he missed a penalty and it wasnt too good but at least he took responsibility, stood up and represented the badge with confidence. Going to be a dark day when he leaves, HE COULD stay but... prob time he moved on personally

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moseeds said:

We are absolutely screwed next season right?

Losing Maddison and Tielemans in the same window is major issue. Likewise potentially losing four central defenders at the same time is going to cause any club a major headache. In total we may have to replace 12-15 players in one summer. No PL club ever has to do that unless: a) They've just been promoted; or b) Have royally screwed up somewhere along the line.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have no idea how we come back from this season. If we stay up we're doomed next season. If we go down we're stripped of pretty much the whole starting 11 through cost reductions. Absolute worst case scenarios every way you look at this. Need a miracle.

4 hours ago, moseeds said:

I have no idea how we come back from this season. If we stay up we're doomed next season. If we go down we're stripped of pretty much the whole starting 11 through cost reductions. Absolute worst case scenarios every way you look at this. Need a miracle.

we're not doomed. we just need good recruitment and player management 

something the club has been dogshit at in recent years

I absolutely do not accept us not having money to spend in the summer. I don't even forgive it this season, but I'm willing to based on the wage Vs turnover for FFP.

The wages will be at least halved in a couple of months. This allows massive room in the market. If we get another shit excuse from the owners who have a more or less zero net spend, they should sell up now.

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

If we get another shit excuse from the owners who have a more or less zero net spend, they should sell up now.

Hmmm bought the club, then the ground. Converted £200 million into shares. So about £270m that we know of. Oh KP sponsorship for 9yrs on shirts and on going on the ground. So upwards of 300m.

Peanuts really.

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Hmmm bought the club, then the ground. Converted £200 million into shares. So about £270m that we know of. Oh KP sponsorship for 9yrs on shirts and on going on the ground. So upwards of 300m.

Peanuts really.

To be fair the the club should have been getting more money from the shirt sponsorship than we were getting from King Power. It was more a favourable deal for the owners than the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Peanuts really.

Bought the club for £30m knowing throwing £10-15m at transfers gives them £100m revenue every year if successful. All peanuts for them with very high potential reward.

The sponsorship is as much for them as anyone. Like King Power barely having to pay anything compared to most sponsorships for the exposure. 

And they own the ground yeah, which they'll presumably sell for much much more upon sale.

Not knocking everything but there's a lot of things that aren't all amazing owners. We've had an amazing set up, that's been slowly destroyed. Now we spend less than Mike Ashley did at his most hated

Not to mention we've operated solely on loans against Premier League TV Money for years. 

Edited by Gamble92

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I absolutely do not accept us not having money to spend in the summer. I don't even forgive it this season, but I'm willing to based on the wage Vs turnover for FFP.

The wages will be at least halved in a couple of months. This allows massive room in the market. If we get another shit excuse from the owners who have a more or less zero net spend, they should sell up now.

...there is no guarantee that another owner of the club, would be investing in the city as well as the club and have a plan for self-sustainability!!!

Selling Maddison in the summer has to happen, unless he signs a new contract, as this is pretty much the cry from the fanbase, as to players leaving and we are not receiving any money for them. Brighton may have had a good season, but they have not had that season, nor have they finished in the top 6 in two seasons running. If that were the case, I am sure that they would be looking for proven players to come in, to maintain their newly elevated position, and that cost money, in transfer fees as well as salaries.

We found ourselves in a position to be competitive, and we had to try to maintain this, it would have been a dereliction of duty had we not attempted to do so.

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

To be fair the the club should have been getting more money from the shirt sponsorship than we were getting from King Power. It was more a favourable deal for the owners than the club.

...after what had been achieved, it was more than worth it, buying the club was a chance to get King Powers' name out there, it worked like a dream, not sure why anyone would begrudge them that!!!

The money put into the community and club totally dwarfs the perceived shortfall in revenue from sponsorship.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...after what had been achieved, it was more than worth it, buying the club was a chance to get King Powers' name out there, it worked like a dream, not sure why anyone would begrudge them that!!!

The money put into the community and club totally dwarfs the perceived shortfall in revenue from sponsorship.

I dont begrudge the ownership at all, just stating that the money from the shirt sponsor was not some benevolent gift from the owners as it was cheaper than most.

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is no guarantee that another owner of the club, would be investing in the city as well as the club and have a plan for self-sustainability!!!

Selling Maddison in the summer has to happen, unless he signs a new contract, as this is pretty much the cry from the fanbase, as to players leaving and we are not receiving any money for them. Brighton may have had a good season, but they have not had that season, nor have they finished in the top 6 in two seasons running. If that were the case, I am sure that they would be looking for proven players to come in, to maintain their newly elevated position, and that cost money, in transfer fees as well as salaries.

We found ourselves in a position to be competitive, and we had to try to maintain this, it would have been a dereliction of duty had we not attempted to do so.

Well we have been abysmal the last few years right the way from the Top. I struggle to see how we could have done any worse, all accumulating in last summer. 

There's not much worse a proposition than spending nothing in the summer. We will be bottom of whatever division we are in with that kind of plan. 

On 07/05/2023 at 13:51, JimJams said:

Maybe. But generally it'll just be on his choice. If he doesn't want to go to the highest bidder, it's all a bit redundant. They don't have to battle it out really.

Probably end up joining his chum at Chelsea :ill: