Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

On 16/05/2023 at 17:11, filbertway said:

No idea how Madders fits in at Man City. Then again I didnt think Pep would get Riyad putting in a shift and he did.

Riyad is on another level to Maddison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think some people have short memories. Practically everyone in here  was bemoaning the fact he wasn’t in the England side and were perplexed that  Grealish  was in ahead of him not so long ago.

for a while this season he was our only threat going forward.

I think the problem is, he isn’t a leader and is begging for someone to lead. He’s  not someone who can grab the game by its horns. No one is creating the space for him any more or making the runs and he doesn’t know how to cope or what to do. 

there’s a great player in there and if there’s a team out there that wants him and is working together and is full of confidence,  then they’ll have an absolute gem on their hands..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

On 16/05/2023 at 17:11, filbertway said:

No idea how Madders fits in at Man City. Then again I didnt think Pep would get Riyad putting in a shift and he did.

...Mahrez was a big fish in a not so big pond!!!

We allowed him to play in a certain way that suited him and the team. At Man. City there are numerous players at the club or outside the club who could lay claim to his position.  If he did not conform,  he would have been out the door.

I think I am torn on maddison. There is being professional... and there is also getting p*ssed of at a pile of sh*t defence meaning no matter how good you are in attack, most games are unwinnable....

The idea that he's coasting through is bollocks imo. If anything he's trying too hard to be the hero. Taking the penalty against Everton and trying to beat every man and his dog vs Liverpool. I think he wants to leave as the guy who kept us up and the pen miss means that's backfired.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Make him stay, whatever we sell him for isn't worth the same as if he gets us promoted

Getting Youri vibes… may as well keep him than take 25m as we’re more likely to earn much more  when he guides us to Europe 👀

• Like 1

Maddison is capable of top class play and we all know that. These days though he would be of limited use in the championship , not his style at all , and would probably be on the sick too often. So its now time to wish him goodbye and take the money. He has been a fine player for us and I respect him for that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12132167/SIMON-JONES-Spurs-want-100m-Kane-Arsenal-eye-90m-Rice-Leicester-wont-budge-Maddison.html

JAMES MADDISON

Leicester want at least £50m for him even if they are relegated to the Championship. Maddison has been a target for Newcastle since last year but was understood to be holding out for Tottenham. The London club are desperate to add midfield creativity and Maddison has supporters such as club legend Glenn Hoddle.

• Haha 1

I'll not be too sorry to lose this show pony.  I won't miss him sat on his backside with his arms in the air appealing for a foul, his slow walks to take a corner or his pirouettes wasting time when others have made promising runs. He's a talented player without doubt but currently provides very little.  His penalty against Everton did it for me.  Pickford outsmarted him.

• Like 2