Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12132167/SIMON-JONES-Spurs-want-100m-Kane-Arsenal-eye-90m-Rice-Leicester-wont-budge-Maddison.html

JAMES MADDISON

Leicester want at least £50m for him even if they are relegated to the Championship. Maddison has been a target for Newcastle since last year but was understood to be holding out for Tottenham. The London club are desperate to add midfield creativity and Maddison has supporters such as club legend Glenn Hoddle.

Spurs don’t have a coach or sporting director 

there is no indication that either are close to resolution 

if madders is going to refuse to move until spurs decide what they’re doing then that’s going to potentially screw our window over big time because we need to get moving in either scenario 

Edited by st albans fox

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Spurs don’t have a coach or sporting director 

there is no indication that either are close to resolution 

if madders is going to refuse to move until spurs decide what they’re doing then that’s going to potentially screw our window over big time because we need to get moving in either scenario 

Can’t remember where but I think I read somewhere that Levy is going to go for him anyway

16 hours ago, ronnup said:

Make him stay, whatever we sell him for isn't worth the same as if he gets us promoted

...sell, we can rebuild with a player who wants to be here, not someone we are keeping against his will!!!

We said the same for Tielemans, a potential £15m at Christmas  or keep to keep us up. I suppose we will not know who was right, untill this evening. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Don't see how he fits in at Arsenal when Odergaard is there. Would end up on the bench. Newcastle makes the most sense long term.

The paper mill are linking Odegaard to PSG... 2+2 = 564377

46 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

think he will end up at Man City replacing Gundogan

Gundogan is likely to be stopping until his mid thirties so he will have to be patient. Best fit is Spurs , Harry has to do two jobs right now.

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And me. It’s the type of signing Pep would want.

Long term, i think its the best place for him to go. I think he would probably spend a year getting up to speed with Peps system (although probs not too dissimilar to how Brendan wanted to play) and his ego would be taken down a peg or 2. But longer term its the sort of place that would make him a better player. Think Spurs would be a disaster for him. 

Whilst Pep is a fan of Madders, I can't see him being a priority. Man City spend very wisely. Liverpool were sniffing around a couple of seasons ago, and they do have a massive hole in midfield. Newcastle look like they may have other options too, now they know they have CL football, and can probably attract other high quality players.

Can certainly see Arsenal having a go and I think he'd do very well in that team and under Arteta.

Let us hope we can get a bidding war and up the price

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pkonline said:

Whilst Pep is a fan of Madders, I can't see him being a priority. Man City spend very wisely. Liverpool were sniffing around a couple of seasons ago, and they do have a massive hole in midfield. Newcastle look like they may have other options too, now they know they have CL football, and can probably attract other high quality players.

Can certainly see Arsenal having a go and I think he'd do very well in that team and under Arteta.

Let us hope we can get a bidding war and up the price

...a bidding war will not work, as soon as clubs know his preference, it is all over and they look elsewhere!!!