Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Pointless him going spurs if he wants to play champions league in the next 3 years as they won’t be getting it. Even if Kane is forced to stay levy won’t pay out on players with no champs league money. Out of the three he is linked with should go to Arsenal .

58 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's a dilemma for him as Newcastle would probably be the better career choice, but you can bet he'd rather be in London.

Read an article a while back stating his gf was badly missing her friends in London - and that's with Leicester being fairly well connected to the capital. Newcastle would be a lot further away - not saying he will just do what she wants, but it will surely factor into his thinking.

On 30/05/2023 at 11:13, Claudio Fannieri said:

I really don’t care where Madders or any of the others who leave go just as long as we maximise the fee and add ons to best suit us moving forward to rebuild. 

Shame he won’t command the fee we would have got if we remained a Prem club. Also Norwich City get 13% I believe. 

9 minutes ago, TheFish said:

If she's twisting about being an hour away from London, he's probably better off getting rid. Get himself a nice Geordie lass. 

In all seriousness we heard the same about Hayden, Willock, Howe. They won't want to join/stay at Newcastle because it's too far away from London. They all ended up happy enough. Dunno if you've been, but it's not the parochial dystopia some would have you believe, struggling in a post heavy-industrial age. It's pretty ****ing lovely. City centre is not like Burnley or Middlesbrough, Grey Street is repeatedly voted as one of the most beautiful streets in the UK, no it's not got as many haute couture boutiques as Bond Street, but we do have some. Anyway, with two young kids she'd probably be more interested in Jojo Maman Bebe in Morpeth.

I'd love to see Maddison in a black and white shirt, he's top class, an intelligent player and (from the outside) seemed to have plenty of heart during your relegation scrap despite the constant and noisy links elsewhere. Sounds like it's an either/or situation between him and Szoboslai from RB Leipzig. Different players in different roles, but both outstanding. 

Do you know if the asking price will likely drop or would it still be the £60m we were quoted in last season's windows?

Hope you smash the Championship and when you have to travel up North for away days at Sunderland or Boro I hope you'll travel an extra 10-30 minutes up the road and stay somewhere with more warm welcomes and fewer dogs in prams.

The fee will be nowhere near £60m IMO. I reckon we'd take £45-£50m. But who knows?

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

The fee will be nowhere near £60m IMO. I reckon we'd take £45-£50m. But who knows?

Less than we've been quoted for Szoboslai and it's likely he'll be on less wages than Maddison as well. But Maddison has more experience in the PL, is English (to help with qualifying quotas for Europe), and is proven quality. I dunno, I'd be tempted to swerve Maddison because I'm a sucker for the unknown.

8 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Less than we've been quoted for Szoboslai and it's likely he'll be on less wages than Maddison as well. But Maddison has more experience in the PL, is English (to help with qualifying quotas for Europe), and is proven quality. I dunno, I'd be tempted to swerve Maddison because I'm a sucker for the unknown.

He's very, very good to be fair. If he was playing for one of the big 6 and doing these kind of numbers consistently, people would be raving about him.

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

Maddison, may not be a sucker for the unknown like you.

Got a feeling you would be 6th choice for him behind the likes of Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal as they are more proven on the trophy front. 

In what universe is Maddison a replacement for Bernardo Silva 😅 he is behind him in almost every technical aspect of the game for his role; passing, take ons, pressing, defensive work rate, receiving the ball, carrying the ball, dribbling, tactical awareness… the list goes on. 

Bernardo is criminally underrated, better player than David Silva was at his peak IMO. So clever to back up his technical ability, which is superb.

Dont really see how Maddison fits into the Pep machine, but then again, didn’t really see it with Grealish and look at him now. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

Not sure what's so difficult to understand really. Silva openly said he wanted to move last summer to Barca, but a deal couldn't be made, so it's quite possible he tries to move away this summer. Maddison is a good player to bring in for the  squad to fill that gap. Nobody said that Maddison is as good as Silva, and as stated it's not always possible to replace outgoing players with ones of equal or superior talent, ergo Philips being brought in with Fernandinho departing.

On 02/06/2023 at 15:19, TheFish said:

If she's twisting about being an hour away from London, he's probably better off getting rid. Get himself a nice Geordie lass. 

In all seriousness we heard the same about Hayden, Willock, Howe. They won't want to join/stay at Newcastle because it's too far away from London. They all ended up happy enough. Dunno if you've been, but it's not the parochial dystopia some would have you believe, struggling in a post heavy-industrial age. It's pretty ****ing lovely. City centre is not like Burnley or Middlesbrough, Grey Street is repeatedly voted as one of the most beautiful streets in the UK, no it's not got as many haute couture boutiques as Bond Street, but we do have some. Anyway, with two young kids she'd probably be more interested in Jojo Maman Bebe in Morpeth.

I'd love to see Maddison in a black and white shirt, he's top class, an intelligent player and (from the outside) seemed to have plenty of heart during your relegation scrap despite the constant and noisy links elsewhere. Sounds like it's an either/or situation between him and Szoboslai from RB Leipzig. Different players in different roles, but both outstanding. 

Do you know if the asking price will likely drop or would it still be the £60m we were quoted in last season's windows?

Hope you smash the Championship and when you have to travel up North for away days at Sunderland or Boro I hope you'll travel an extra 10-30 minutes up the road and stay somewhere with more warm welcomes and fewer dogs in prams.

I’ve had a few big weekends in Newcastle. The place is carnage and well worth a visit. Where do all the footballers tend to live? Durham is quite nice and leafy - do they live there?

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

Not sure what's so difficult to understand really. Silva openly said he wanted to move last summer to Barca, but a deal couldn't be made, so it's quite possible he tries to move away this summer. Maddison is a good player to bring in for the  squad to fill that gap. Nobody said that Maddison is as good as Silva, and as stated it's not always possible to replace outgoing players with ones of equal or superior talent, ergo Philips being brought in with Fernandinho departing.

I think what people are suggesting is if you want to remain as one of the best teams in Europe then having Maddison take over from Silva isn't really as strong as say Miliato and Rodrygo having taken the spots Ramos and Bale used to play and Haaland taking the spot Aguero used to play.

It's probably why PSG are not as good as they were, from what they have had in the past to what they have now.

The question of whether Maddison is as good as Bernardo is kind of irrelevant. The real question is what could Maddison do in a team where the opponents are not all focused on him or wha could Bernardo do in a team where the opponents are.

I really think, in a team of stars, he will be afforded to show what he can really do. We already know it as much as we don’t want to admit it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

The real question is what could Maddison do in a team where the opponents are not all focused on him or wha could Bernardo do in a team where the opponents are.

Exactly.

18 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

In what universe is Maddison a replacement for Bernardo Silva 😅 he is behind him in almost every technical aspect of the game for his role; passing, take ons, pressing, defensive work rate, receiving the ball, carrying the ball, dribbling, tactical awareness… the list goes on.

But if Maddison was playing for Man City and Bernardo Silva playing for us? All those stats would almost certainly be the other way round.

18 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Dont really see how Maddison fits into the Pep machine

The machine consists largely of technically brilliant, intelligent midfieldery types with quick feet. He'd be perfect.

Technically superb and his numbers are unreal for a team that’s been as crap as us all year -I have really tried to like him but for some reason I still don’t like the smarmy little git though and never have- there is something very dislikable about that boy- absolutely zero stomach for a relegation battle either - zero - don’t care if his stats were good last 15 games - he didn’t help the team one little bit - all about him I’m afraid - and that showed in his little messages all season - more worried about the perception of his own performances than the team- that being said he will go to one of the biggest clubs and iv no doubt be very very good- I have a feeling it will be Man City and he will shine - will look at his mate grealish and think that can be him easily and in a team who has that much ball in the final 3rd and doesn’t do as much defending I’m sure he will be great - it’s a major tournament season as well and I wouldn’t be surprised if he got himself in that England team somehow - just get it done now asap- £50m - done - thanks and good bye 👋 

• Like 1