Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

£50m I’d be very happy with. Think £40m is more like it with the factors of relegation, 1 year left on his contract and surely a desperation on our part to get some money in.

I feel it will end up being £45m for madders and £35m for Barnes, £80m total for the two.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Need to get Todd Boehly interested then we really will be quids in.

It would be like him to keep buying attacking midfielders to be fair. 100m bid any day now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This is my only issue with Maddison. By a country mile our most talented player but he went missing in the run-ins in 2019/20, 2020/21 and last season. It's the simple truth even if it does seem harsh to single him out.

Might seem harsh because he’s been good but he puts that peno away even though he shouldn’t of taken it, we stay up. Fine margins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I feel it will end up being £45m for madders and £35m for Barnes, £80m total for the two.

No chance. Won’t be 45 with Newcastle and Spurs interested. Barnes has two years left he’d be worth 30m if we keep him for a season.

Edited by dannythefox

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think so 

16 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

No chance. Won’t be 45 with Newcastle and Spurs interested. Barnes has two years left he’d be worth 30m if we keep him for a season.

The player isn’t a piece of meat at a butchers ….

there is unlikely to be an auction - gone are the days where clubs sold players and then told them where they were going.  

madders agent will speak with interested parties and negotiate a package - the player will decide where he wants to go. The fact that it seems that spurs have opened talks says to me that he’s likely decided that London is where he wants to be. 

if we could get two London clubs interested then we could potentially squeeze up his price because maybe he won’t be too bothered where he plays. but the agent will want to make sure that any extra dosh ends up in his clients pocket rather than ours. 

Percy said the other day that we wanted £50m+   I think that means we’d take £45m and maybe try to stick some difficult add ons onto that 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think so 

there is unlikely to be an auction - gone are the days where clubs sold players and then told them where they were going.  

madders agent will speak with interested parties and negotiate a package - the player will decide where he wants to go. The fact that it seems that spurs have opened talks says to me that he’s likely decided that London is where he wants to be. 

if we could get two London clubs interested then we could potentially squeeze up his price because maybe he won’t be too bothered where he plays. but the agent will want to make sure that any extra dosh ends up in his clients pocket rather than ours. 

Percy said the other day that we wanted £50m+   I think that means we’d take £45m and maybe try to stick some difficult add ons onto that 

To be fair the one thing the board seem to be good at is getting decent money for players (but then maybe this is the reason we lost Youri and Cags for nothing) so I fully expect they want as close to 60m as possible. 

I think we will get 50mill for madders quite easily with multiple teams interested. I also think 50mill for Barnes is not unrealistic with 2 years left on his deal. 

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think so 

He’ll get sold to the highest bidder because of our situation. He’ll end up at spurs and never win anything again so happy days!

I can see Man City being interested. KDB is 32 next week, Mahrez is 33 in January and Gundogan looks like he's leaving. 22 goals and 17 assists in his last two seasons, I don't think anybody outside of the big 6 gets has better numbers as an AM/winger.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Stewart Webber (director of football for Norwich) recently confirmed there is a sell on clause. So take them for all you can get

15% of the profit in Percy article, I think the fee was £22m 

We need to be clever with these effin deals especially if they are cheapo

Straight deal no further contact 60 million

Saudi Arabia FC £100 Million plus add ons if they win anything 

Cheaper deal (40-45) include sell on % and % for success

Same for Barnes

Of course Rudders will **** it up