Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

He’ll get sold to the highest bidder because of our situation. He’ll end up at spurs and never win anything again so happy days!

Let’s say spurs bid 40m and newcastle bid 50m 

the player says to the board that he wants to go to spurs and won’t sign for newcastle 

are you telling me that we just refuse to sell him to spurs ? How does that work ?  We have to sell him. We can’t force him to go to a specific club.  
top’s statement and the club briefing Percy about expectations is meant to say to spurs (etc)  -  we don’t have to sell him - we have options - don’t lowball us.  But the truth is that we do in the end unless no one is going to pay over £35m in which case we will say to madders’ agent - get the buyer to stump up or we will keep the player to get us back up and sell other others we were intending keeping. That’s a bluff which would probably fly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

I can see Man City being interested. KDB is 32 next week, Mahrez is 33 in January and Gundogan looks like he's leaving. 22 goals and 17 assists in his last two seasons, I don't think anybody outside of the big 6 gets has better numbers as an AM/winger.

plus its another english based player to their squad, if Man City come in for him, he'll go there

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why would you look to play Maddison in a wide role!!!

No, Personnally I wouldn't play him wide. I'd play him in the 10 role but as close to the Box as possible where he can apply his talent the best. While he could do a job wide he doesn't have the legs for it and he'd be a loss to the team out there.

Scoring and winning free kicks in dangerous areas are his talents along with playing others in.

• Like 1

I’m thinking he will be sold for £48,000,0000 clubs are fully aware he is worth more but he won’t be happy unless he gets his move. And it’s a buyers market in this situation. No way we will get 60 mil unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

I’m thinking he will be sold for £48,000,0000 clubs are fully aware he is worth more but he won’t be happy unless he gets his move. And it’s a buyers market in this situation. No way we will get 60 mil unfortunately. 

That's what some on here thought Fofana was worth. 

If he can hold out for city I would, that's a top class move with opportunity to play under pep, must be the ultimate for a player. 

I don't really want him to end up at Saudi FC as they make my piss boil, they took our spot buy buying it, when FFP restricted us and the club ****ed up. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Seeing ridiculous tweets on my timeline asking which team (Newcastle or Spurs) we'd like to see Maddison go to - I really don't care, get it done and get the cash so we can spend it.

10 hours ago, lcfc043 said:

15% of the profit in Percy article, I think the fee was £22m 

On the basis it is 15% of the profit, and Madders is sold at the lower side of his valuation (£45m), then the profit would be £23m.

Which would result in Norwich receiving £3.45m and us being left with £41.55m.

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If he can hold out for city I would, that's a top class move with opportunity to play under pep, must be the ultimate for a player. 

I don't really want him to end up at Saudi FC as they make my piss boil, they took our spot buy buying it, when FFP restricted us and the club ****ed up. 

This doesn't really make sense tbh. Man City are Abu Dhabi FC in the same manner that Newcastle are Saudi FC and Man City have been taking up a spot in the top 4 for longer than them and also doing it whilst we were coming 5th, so essentially buying our spot. Newcastle bought into it in a season where we were total dogshit and weren't in the running for it anyway. I want him to go to whoever will offer us the most money.

Think he can do better than spurs they are going to struggle to get Europe again for a few years now especially if they sell kane. Newcastle are annoying because if they haven’t been taken over when they did they would be probably in the championship or struggling bottom of the prem again. Hopefully someone like one of the Manchester clubs get him just so the Newcastle fans stop thinking they can buy who ever they want just because they have a bit of money now 

12 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

If Madders any ambition at all he wouldn’t sign for Spuds serial bottlers with a trophy cabinet collecting dust rather than trophies !

.. Postecoglou will change the atmosphere at that club!!!

Maddison will have very good options to link with, it will be like a kid in a candy shop. If Kane chose to stay there, it would be even better for them and Madders England future. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

He's nowhere near Man city level. Think his personality suits a Spurs or Arsenal

Higher than “world class Youri” then and there’s still difficulty finding takers for him on a free! 

Edited by lcfc043

1 hour ago, lcfc043 said:

Higher than “world class Youri” then and there’s still difficulty finding takers for him on a free! 

Depend on what he wants wages wise and as a signing on fee.

Most players want a slice of the saved transfer fee.

He's not going to be cheap for anyone to sign.

16 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Took our spot? We’ve just been relegated lol

• Like 1

If we can't get £60m straight up at the very least, I'd very much hope we stick in shit loads of add-ons if the team he moves to qualifies for Europe, or if he scores a certain amount of goals then we get some money too. 

• Like 1