Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

On 09/06/2023 at 17:53, st albans fox said:

Let’s say spurs bid 40m and newcastle bid 50m 

the player says to the board that he wants to go to spurs and won’t sign for newcastle 

are you telling me that we just refuse to sell him to spurs ? How does that work ?  We have to sell him. We can’t force him to go to a specific club.  
top’s statement and the club briefing Percy about expectations is meant to say to spurs (etc)  -  we don’t have to sell him - we have options - don’t lowball us.  But the truth is that we do in the end unless no one is going to pay over £35m in which case we will say to madders’ agent - get the buyer to stump up or we will keep the player to get us back up and sell other others we were intending keeping. That’s a bluff which would probably fly. 

Accurate of the situation btw. 

We’ve just gotta play our hand right to get as much money as we can because there’s a bit of rope here. 

Apparently most of the English players don’t have much interest in joining Newcastle because of geography (when there’s other interested clubs). Doesn’t mean you can’t use Newcastle as the bait to get prices pushed high though

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Accurate of the situation btw. 

We’ve just gotta play our hand right to get as much money as we can because there’s a bit of rope here. 

Apparently most of the English players don’t have much interest in joining Newcastle because of geography (when there’s other interested clubs). Doesn’t mean you can’t use Newcastle as the bait to get prices pushed high though

...in this scenario, you could try to get Spurs to match the Newcastle price!!!

Perhaps if they (Spurs) believed that would get the deal over the line then they might. If however, they refuse to budge, the bigger problem would be the player agitating for the move and that drops the club right in it.

I am not sure that English players have that attitude regarding Newcastle, next season will be a big one for them and they are only going to get bigger and more successful.

17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

all disrespect to Spurs here, but why would he go there?

club seems as much of a shambles as us, 

while Newcastle are on the up in every respect, plus champions league football, 

Because Spurs are in London, regulars in europe and a bigger club then Newcastle. Everyone takes the piss out of Spurs but their last trophy was 15 years ago, Newcastles was 70

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Because Spurs are in London, regulars in europe and a bigger club then Newcastle. Everyone takes the piss out of Spurs but their last trophy was 15 years ago, Newcastles was 70

Newcastle in the Champions League. Spurs not in Europe at all next season. Best player about to leave. 

Newcastle's trajectory very much rocketing high. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Everything points to Newcastle staying where they are and Spurs being pushed further back though. 

Newcastle I’m terms of finances will be competing with Man City and Real Madrid for signatures with the financial clout to be able to outbid them in fees and wages if they see fit. Spurs have never, nor will unless they get taken over be fishing in that pond.

if I was a player, Newcastle is the by far the more attractive proposition now 

12 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Whatever your thoughts on his off field antics etc, his numbers have been up there up with the very best in England and once the dust settles will be remembered as a fine player for LCFC by most. 

IMG_1430.thumb.jpeg.f49b1b2cd3a1ec4d2ba543d4b081cba5.jpeg

So we can sell him for £100m?

I had a Little chuckle to myself yesterday.

Ward-Prowse is apparently going to go for £50m, however Maddison is only £40m.

I know he has the extra two years on his contract, but does that make him worth £10m more than Maddison? 

57 minutes ago, Sly said:

I know he has the extra two years on his contract, but does that make him worth £10m more than Maddison? 

If Maddison had three years left on his contract, he’d be worth 80m+.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Both are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/12/newcastle-transfer-felix-nmecha-wolfsburg-germany/

The Magpies are also hoping to thrash a mutually acceptable fee with Leicester City for England international James Maddison, having been encouraged to believe that the move to Newcastle is his desired destination.

Newcastle are currently unwilling to match an initial asking price of £60m, but confidence is growing that they will be able to reach a compromise with the recently relegated Championship club.

No chance he goes anywhere for less than £50m- absolutely none- we arent having a fire sale- they will all have their price if good offers come in though- £50m for James and same for Harvey- not a penny less