Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV (A) Match Thread

First half pretty much sums up our entire season so far. Just not enough at all. It’s been a pretty awful first 45, coming up against a side that are frankly, absolutely ordinary. I’m pretty sure every misplaced pace we make is a hospital ball.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Final third has been horrific. Albrighton looking for vardy but realises he has nacho up top who comes short and not in behind

Barnes greedy as anything. Different story if he passes so rightly needs to be criticised.

Been better side but that means nothing when the most important thing is putting ball in net 

agree apart from being the better side. schmeichel has made two good saves and they are 1 up

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Albrighton has be dreadful.

Barnes playing like it preseason.

And Youri just so sloppy.....

I’d be tempted to take Barnes and Marc off and play an aggressive 352 with Daka, Justin and one of the CBs pushing into mid in possession 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

We take our chances we go through. Simple as that tonight, we’re creating some decent opportunities but lacking the final touch. We could still do this. 

This. So much harder though now they don’t have to attack. As soon as we gifted them the goal it was back to like it was in the first leg. 

Fvck me we have poor quality going forward.

Albrighton and Barnes masterclass again. How the piss ain’t Lookman getting into this team.

Tielemans worst player…. AGAIN!

Also I ain’t have Kasper was done by a defection, if there was one it was minimal. Crap performance all round except for maybe Maddison.

These pricks and BR need to wake up and realise there is a semi final at stake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eskay said:

Loved the shot of the crowd. Everyone just sat around. One bloke on his phone......you go all that way....what's the point ?!! 

Because the whole family stand decided they were now interested in this competition and snapped all the tickets.

It shows, because I havent heard our fans once.

Far from gutted I missed out on this one. More life at gilroes.

Can the players please start performing like its the biggest game of our flippin season.

Evans with a brainfart ending up with a monster save from Schmeichel.

Barnes going for glory when he could set up for a Maddison tap in.

Tielemans giving the ball straight to Götze ending up costing us a goal.

Too many mistakes for this level. Not impressed.

• Like 2

Not looking good.

In control but we are struggling a bit to break down this team. We are not getting the ball out from the back well. Evans and Fofana are struggling to get it out and Tielemans is not moving quick enough to find space for a pass.

We missed our golden chance with that Barnes’ bad selfish when the clear option was to square it to Maddison.

Then the monumental no look back pass from Tielemans. What was he thinking? Did he not learn never to do a backpass to put your defenders under pressure? Even if that pass got through, Evans would have been under pressure to just kick it upfield. So why did he not do that himself? At least it would not have risked it. Poor decision and poor execution.

Albrighton needs to come off. We don’t need to defend anymore and have to go for it. Lookman is better in working in narrower space.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Don't think we're as bad as some making out. It's definitely not pathetic or embarrassing. 

We can definitely still win this. 

Also, how can we have no shots on target but a shot cleared off the line lol ?! 

Its been a decent performance, honestly just a case of poor decision making at both ends meaning we're behind instead of possibly being ahead

• Like 1

Shocking. Fofana doing well, Kasper great apart from the goal and KDH not doing much wrong

but everything else looks off, started the half and it looked like a gaping hole infront of the back 4 like we'd just had Wilf sent off. Barnes not passing the ball, missing the target. Maddison wasteful. Evans giving it away,  Youri even worse.

Thing is PSV we're intimidating in the lead up, historic European club, big following in a spirited country. Apart from Goetze, Zahavi, Gakpo & Sangare I don't think they have much,  and most of their play has come through our own mistakes.

It's that same old Rodgers European bellyflop I'm afraid.  At least next season we won't be in Europe, eh?