Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Not really sure what's happened to Barnes' form. He's much, much better than this, but he just doesn't look himself at the moment.

I thought we had a player who was going to emulate mahrez success, but I think was told he needs to score more goals and that's messed with his head 

• Sad 1

Actually think we've looked alright tbh but the individual moments have cost us. They took a good chance and we squandered a better one. Fairly even in terms of quality.

We'll regret not trying to win at home if we go out 1 nil I suspect.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Don't think we're as bad as some making out. It's definitely not pathetic or embarrassing. 

We can definitely still win this. 

Also, how can we have no shots on target but a shot cleared off the line lol ?! 

I thought this too! How does that not count as a shot on target? 😅

I agree we've not been terrible. In patches, we've actually been good. Just very wasteful and sloppy in the final third. I think we will score, but PSV have taken the sting out of the game and the worry is they'll just tighten up more and more, get us to push up, and hit us on the break. Not nice.

I'm not optimistic at all for the second half 😬 really need to go up about 5 gears. Its just not working. Whether rodgers will get it right is yet to be seen, 45 minutes to save our season for potential European football next season! Come on lads let's be the first to bring the europen conference trophy home! 💙💙🦊🦊

Guest Col city fan

Terrible miss tonight from Barnes.

You simply cannot miss chances like that at this level and expect to qualify.

I just hope he gets another chance and atones for that error.

He simply should have slid it away and the whole complexion of the game would have looked different

As for Tielemans pass…. :frusty:

The lack of high press has killed us. Guessing it was tactical to not press aggressively but we could have really ruffled some feathers if we were pressing like we did Vs Palace. Sangare also wouldn’t have been so influential if we were pressing as a unit.

Having our pressing machine (KDH) stuck in a double pivot doesn’t help either.

Edited by Shane

Albrighton not getting into this, passing him by for the most part.

I dunno, I just get the feeling it's not going to happen for us. We're capable, have shown some really neat football but it's just not amounting to anything. We've had the chances, as we did at home, they're just not going in for whatever reason. I can see it being 'one of those days'

I can't see what we can do either. The problem's upfront and we only have the Daka option, and they're sitting too deep for him to be effective. I can see there being a roll of the dice. Nacho and Daka plus a bit of a reshape.

As scripted.

The only goals we ever concede are from set pieces or gifts. Tielemans owes us one at the other end.

Barnes is so low on confidence he shouldn’t be playing and Albrighton is no threat at all.

Maddison the man most likely.

Need to go hard at them second half

We won't win this game as it stands. He needs to change it. 

Defensively, we are being exposed down the wings. That diagonal ball is ripping us apart time after time and going forward, Nacho is coming too deep. He's doing well but if no-one makes that run in behind, it doesn't matter if he keeps the ball and links play because we have no one to hit. 

Controversial to say but I reckon going 5 at the back might be the answer. It means the right and left CB can team with the wing back to plug the gaps out wide and if we where to bring on Daka, he could go long as Nacho comes deep and try get in behind.