Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV (A) Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

To be fair, the return of Fofana and Evans have allowed him to reinstate the press and a higher line. 

We didn't play with a press when Evans was in the team earlier in the season. He also isolated players like Perez who suit the press. The return of Fofana has been huge though, we play with much more intent.

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Calm heads lads, 5 mins of control. 

Woo. Happy. But we need to learn to control better. That means play normal football as if it is 0-0, not just keep kicking it upfield or to the corner thinking it is smart. It is just giving the ball away and inviting pressure. PSV did not have much of the ball in our half until the last 5 mins. Hope we can do better in terms of this so the team can give me less of a heartattack.

We always had the quality to beat PSG we just had to show it. Let's not start slow in the semis please mr. rogers. Youri needs detention after school (make him right I will not give the ball away a thousand times) but other than that the lads have been great.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No he was wank and kept cutting back when he should have gone into space down the line. but Perez yes, he has really made a difference there!! Pleased for him. 

Wank? You need to look at Lookman’s anticipation and run just before Ricardo’s goal. It was brilliant!

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Too careless with the ball at both ends of the bitch. Need to exert a bit of control and get Maddison on the ball with some movement ahead of him. Still winnable this.

Appreciate the laughing responses to this one 🤫

13 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

We didn't play with a press when Evans was in the team earlier in the season. He also isolated players like Perez who suit the press. The return of Fofana has been huge though, we play with much more intent.

No, we didn't, but Evans was of questionable form and fitness. My point was, the return of both Fofana and a fit Evans have allowed a more optimistic brand of attacking football and to a degree, Brendan to throw his ingrained caution to the wind. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I haven’t been on this site for a long time and thought I’d follow the thread whist watching. I do have to say that doing so has reduced the enjoyment of the game so much. The despair and vitriol of some of these comments belies what isn’t actually a bad game and a real indictment of where our ‘fan’ base mentality is actually at. Shame really to see FT going the same way as every other social media channel. Even more of a shame that I probably won’t post on here much more. Kind of long for the days when we valued European nights and our players and our manager.

This…in spades! I generally avoid the match threads these days, I have trouble believing that some of these people are actually Leicester fans, they certainly are not “supporters” by any definition of the word! Some of the comments are spat out without any thought, like some sort of football Tourette’s.

There seems to be more professional football managers behind keyboards than available in the league, begs the question, “Why aren’t they managing?” Well, the answer to that is that apparently half the players involved with the goals last night would have been substituted before that happened and several of the team would have been moved on last January!  I’ve worked out that by now, we would have no medical staff, no coaches, no manager and only Vards, Little Wes and on the odd occasions, Kasper, Madders an JJ on the pitch! 🤷🏻‍♂️….. Just my opinion.

On 14/04/2022 at 20:41, cruzFOX said:

We always had the quality to beat PSG we just had to show it. Let's not start slow in the semis please mr. rogers. Youri needs detention after school (make him right I will not give the ball away a thousand times) but other than that the lads have been great.

PSG? - not KGB?