Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-1 PSV!!!!! Post match thread

Big credit all around. Eindhoven as a city and an opposition which were and are incredible host. 

An away end which kept going even when losing. In the second half before we bagged, it was really loud. LSF worked a treat because it kept something going without much effort 

Players - in particular Fofana, KDH (2-0. Hat-trick), Ricky P, Perez and Lookman 

Rodgers for having the nuts to do the change and then bring Perez on to change again. We got a lot of stick after that first leg; plenty saying Schmidt done him tactically but over the course of 180, he did him 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Big credit all around. Eindhoven as a city and an opposition which were and are incredible host. 

An away end which kept going even when losing. In the second half before we bagged, it was really loud. LSF worked a treat because it kept something going without much effort 

Players - in particular Fofana, KDH (2-0. Hat-trick), Ricky P, Perez and Lookman 

Rodgers for having the nuts to do the change and then bring Perez on to change again. We got a lot of stick after that first leg; plenty saying Schmidt done him tactically but over the course of 180, he did him 

Well in truth, Rodgers didn’t really have any other moves to make.  He had three attacking players on the bench, he used them when he was chasing a goal.  There was pretty much no one else.

OTOH, at least he was decisive in getting Lookman (who was truly great, I thought) and Daka (who didn’t do a lot) on at halftime.  Too often BR has been way too slow in making changes, even when he gets them right.  These might have been the only clubs he had in the bag but at least he used them.  We didn’t score until late but the flow of the game changed completely when those two came on.

I think Lookman deserves to start ahead of Barnes on the left at this point.  He’s clearly in better form.

• Like 4

Still buzzing from that. Must say I thought the pitch was shocking to. Wonder if they internally kept the grass a bit longer. Any one who was there did they water it? There was a few bounces and bobbles that I don't think the players were expecting!  

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Just looked at our second goal again.

I was caught up in the.moment during the match.  I hadn't realised how sensational the passing was in the build up to Daka's shot.

If Daka had put it away it would have been one of the most beautiful goals I've ever seen us score in nearly 50 years of following the blues. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, when.ur.smiling82 said:

Just woke up after the epic day that was yesterday! Without doubt one of THE best away days in my 30 years of following City!!! Well played to all that travelled and sung there hearts out from start to finish!! I bloody love this club!!

Love a "just woke up" post 🙌😁

Smiling with you buddy, the suns out here in Sheffield, so jealous of you being there.  

My kids (both 4) could just about hear you lot sing on the telly at the end, that was the best bit for them,  thank you and your mates for your support you were fantastic 🙌👏👏👏🙌

• Like 1

Just re-watched the highlights.  :scarf:

What was their defender doing for our 2nd goal?  On his arse, the gets up just in time to get his body out of the way of the shot. lol

The sheer “losing themselves in joy” moment between Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall after Pereira scored was quite something to see. They love what they do.

Marvellous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Just re-watched the highlights.  :scarf:

What was their defender doing for our 2nd goal?  On his arse, the gets up just in time to get his body out of the way of the shot. lol

The sheer “losing themselves in joy” moment between Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall after Pereira scored was quite something to see. They love what they do.

Marvellous.

I saw that last night. Almost like he had us to win at 2-1 if seemed like he did his

mini salmon leap only to

jump over the ball. :D

• Haha 1