Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-1 PSV!!!!! Post match thread

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else enjoy the excellent commentary last night of Sav and (Leicester lad) Paul Dempsey? 

Dempsey sounded emotional at times. He really conveyed the drama. Sav's yelps of delight in the background for both goals were grwt to hear.

Used go play with Paul at Youth side Leicester Beavers local lad done good.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Re the fans in the home end ,The lady in question with the flag would not be too bothered by 100 raging PSV fans ,Believe me .Mystery how they got their tickets though but I think it may be something to do with looking after the disable fan group

They were the wheelchair seats given by PSV

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Re the fans in the home end ,The lady in question with the flag would not be too bothered by 100 raging PSV fans ,Believe me .Mystery how they got their tickets though but I think it may be something to do with looking after the disable fan group

If it’s the same lady I think she was in the wheelchair allocation and at full time she was holding her scarf up and some PSV fan tried to grab it off her. She held on and sent him packing!

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If it’s the same lady I think she was in the wheelchair allocation and at full time she was holding her scarf up and some PSV fan tried to grab it off her. She held on and sent him packing!

I saw her in Rennes. I must admit I cringed at the time. I was sat eating al fresco, ordering in my basic French, trying to be the sophisticat....and she pootles by the lovely view on her mobility scooter, as if she is off down to the exchange on the monsell for a lottery ticket. 

But, ya know, despite my initial initial cringe, it is actually rather marvellous. Proper Leicester. Uncool. Unashamed. Real. Funny. And, as you say, ready to dish it out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I saw her in Rennes. I must admit I cringed at the time. I was sat eating al fresco, ordering in my basic French, trying to be the sophisticat....and she pootles by the lovely view on her mobility scooter, as if she is off down to the exchange on the monsell for a lottery ticket. 

But, ya know, despite my initial initial cringe, it is actually rather marvellous. Proper Leicester. Uncool. Unashamed. Real. Funny. And, as you say, ready to dish it out. 

The spirit of Bernie lives on in her.

How's her 'AAAAARGGGHHH', though? lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

anyone who watched on tele, can you tell me what happened after our first goal? what was the big delay?

I watched it on the telly, and the answer is **** knows.

Just made us panic about var, remember there's no var, and get more beers in.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Think it was because a few PSV fans were throwing beers and few other bits at our lads celebrating. 

Yeah I think they were throwing bottles at JJ, who was on the touchline warming up.

40 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I watched it on the telly, and the answer is **** knows.

Just made us panic about var, remember there's no var, and get more beers in.

Ha ha yes, var has ****ed with our heads. The mrs was saying ‘they’re checking it, they better not disallow it’ I was saying ‘there’s no var, there’s no var’ while running the goal through my head making sure it was all ok and staring at the tv with a sweat on in case ‘checking goal, possible offside’ came up . lol 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Is there anyway to watch the Roma/Bodø/Glimt match? 

We watch whatever EPL and European game we want to live …..or full recorded game….or highlights on DAZN. The subscription is not that much and well worth it. Not sure how to subscribe over there and you will probably need a VPN, but it really is a brilliant service. Btw, we watched the highlights of the Roma match (and all the others) straight after last night’s celebrations died down.

2 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

We watch whatever EPL and European game we want to live …..or full recorded game….or highlights on DAZN. The subscription is not that much and well worth it. Not sure how to subscribe over there and you will probably need a VPN, but it really is a brilliant service. Btw, we watched the highlights of the Roma match (and all the others) straight after last night’s celebrations died down.

I've looked at Dazn before, but they do a specific (more limited in content) UK version, and I'm not sure how (if possible?) to watch the non-UK version if subscribed from here?

7 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

I tried to subscribe to DAZN at the start of the season via a VPN and it weren't having it. Firstly it actually said it  cann detect you are using a VPN and blocked..... and secondly recognised a UK bank card to subscribe  and said that was incompatible with DAZN Canada 

The lizards have got it all stitched up

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I tried to subscribe to DAZN at the start of the season via a VPN and it weren't having it. Firstly it actually said it  cann detect you are using a VPN and blocked..... and secondly recognised a UK bank card to subscribe  and said that was incompatible with DAZN Canada 

The lizards have got it all stitched up

The VPN thing is a bit surprising because I can watch the games while I am in Mexico using one. The bank card is a bit more challenging. Got any relatives in Canada?

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

We’ve got Little Wes back just in time. We’d have lost that tonight without him

One of City’s best players in years

There was one interception he made, when one-on-one with a PSV player running in on goal, where he jumped up to match the bounce of the ball and knocked it clear. 

I've rarely seen any move displaying such judgement of spatial location and the athleticism necessary to complete it.

He's beyond run of the mill special.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else enjoy the excellent commentary last night of Sav and (Leicester lad) Paul Dempsey? 

Dempsey sounded emotional at times. He really conveyed the drama. Sav's yelps of delight in the background for both goals were grwt to hear.

He was good. I got a bit confused when he said Kevin had started all the games in the title winning season then said he’d started 34. 

What a trip again. Absolutely class.

We fully deserved it too I think. Last night we showed serious balls. I had full confidence we'd win it once we actually got the equaliser as well. We had a lot more about us.

Perez actually turned the game. Delighted for him.

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

What a trip again. Absolutely class.

We fully deserved it too I think. Last night we showed serious balls. I had full confidence we'd win it once we actually got the equaliser as well. We had a lot more about us.

Perez actually turned the game. Delighted for him.

Agree all, didn't speak to a single person who thought the game would go like that. Shows that football can still surprise all of us.

What a night, no come down yet.