Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But those English fans weren’t singing rainieri songs ……… as has been said earlier, if sh1t happens around the first leg then sh1t will most certainly occur out there ….

It’ll happen regardless, naivety is the downfall of some of our fans. These teams historically hate us and always have something to prove. 

PSV fans probably want us to win the ECL now, but that didn’t stop them having a pop at us all on Thursday night in Eindhoven. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I can see us getting more than the 5% and as such, it will reach members. I think we'll probably be touching more 4k allocation.

..though nothing confirmed yet .... some food for thought...

According to the AS Roma website we've been allocated the Distinti Nord Ovest sector of the stadium. This has a capacity of 5800.

Also from previous games Chelsea got 3800 in 2017

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2017/10/10/roma-away-ticket-details-announced

...and in 2018 Liverpool were allocated 5000.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roma-tickets-liverpool-champions-league-14545170

Lets hope we get 5000+

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’ll happen regardless, naivety is the downfall of some of our fans. These teams historically hate us and always have something to prove. 

PSV fans probably want us to win the ECL now, but that didn’t stop them having a pop at us all on Thursday night in Eindhoven. 

Some will be sadly shown up in Rome I think. When it gets dark, have to be careful regardless of location. Danger is equally pickpockets and muggers as well. Spotters of both breeds will be out. 

Personally always of the view that you stay in big numbers but remember the police will like a pop if goes awry, if you are in a smaller group a good restaurant and befriending a local/restaurant owner is sensible or make sure you always on the move. 

Anyone in the Termini area, I’d look to group up when getting back to your hotel. It’s not nice at night there on your average day

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I've just been looking at this one.

Will probably go for it.

Are you planning on taxi to the ground?

best western Art Deco is the one my grandson and I are at. It could work out sharing taxi if you or others are at or near hotel

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

People making termini sound like Baghdad. 

It's absolutely fine if you use a bit of common sense. 

I changed my hotel to stay in Termini on account of arriving by train from Naples and taking the train back the following morning, hopefully not like Baghdad!! How would you normally get back from the ground to Termini given they’ll be no metro running?

12 minutes ago, Rutlandfox33 said:

I changed my hotel to stay in Termini on account of arriving by train from Naples and taking the train back the following morning, hopefully not like Baghdad!! How would you normally get back from the ground to Termini given they’ll be no metro running?

Took the Mrs on a romantic break to Rome years ago. Thought we’d take in an AS Roma match. It’s bloody long walk from Termini area after a March. Find a taxi if you can. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

People making termini sound like Baghdad. 

It's absolutely fine if you use a bit of common sense. 

Ok good. I’ve got common sense and won’t be mindlessly drunk so think I’ll stick with it and stay around there as it’s convenient. Tbf I know someone who works in Baghdad and she’s alive sooo…

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Any idea if we need an Italian Covid Green Pass?

On the 1st of May the rules will change again but right now a EU/Italian green pass or a test(21€) within 48hrs is needed for public transport,Stadium and sitting inside restaurants. 

FFP masks are a must on public transportation at the moment whereas bars and restaurants are a little more relaxed once you’re eating and drinking.

7 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

On the 1st of May the rules will change again but right now a EU/Italian green pass or a test(21€) within 48hrs is needed for public transport,Stadium and sitting inside restaurants. 

FFP masks are a must on public transportation at the moment whereas bars and restaurants are a little more relaxed once you’re eating and drinking.

Reckon we'll need to get one on the 5th? 

13 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

Sounds good cheers, i need FFP2 masks. I think our NHS covid pass works the same as the green pass.

I guess there's no need to pre-book train tickets from FCO - Termini? I ask as last time i was in Rome it was an almighty faff to buy one at the airport, but then loads of trains were cancelled on the way back so glad we did not pre book...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Didnt think it would be long until the scare mongers were out.

I'm pretty sure everywhere we go in Europe the same people crop up making out only Ross Kemp would dare to visit.

It's Rome,  go and have a good time and be sensible like with any other place!

Only saying what I’ve  experienced or been told by decent people who support other English clubs.

Haven’t felt the need to personally say anything for Eindhoven or Rennes but Italy is always a different kettle of fish 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm staying in Termini despite what people are saying here. Fairly cheap, well connected to the rest of the city via the metro. I only plan to sleep there.

Same here.

Theres actually quite a lot of leicester stopping there from what I can tell 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

Not sure if it will have changed but three weeks ago in the San Siro fans were being turned away for only having a cloth mask and not the FFP masks.

The other two grounds we visited did not appear to do the same but that was maybe because everyone had the requested style. Once inside there was no enforced wearing of them.

• Like 2