Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

If you're think of buying in the Roma ends off site beware if scams

Club sees ‘virtual queues of about 130k’ for Leicester clash – ‘Real plague’ of potential scams underway

By Tom Coast -

21st April 2022

With Leicester City set to face AS Roma in the Conference League semi-final, a mad rush occurred for tickets to the event.

It stemmed from the Italian side of things, with Il Messaggero reporting on Thursday morning that after seats for the 1600 away fans at King Power Stadium sold out in 30 minutes, the demand for the return leg in Rome was even greater.

The newspaper state that once the sale for Stadio Olimpico tickets opened on Wednesday, ‘virtual queues of about 130,000 people occurred’, selling out very quickly.

This has since led to some ticket hunting to see Roma play Leicester on auction sites, which also leads to fans ‘running into scams’.

It’s reported that some, for a Monte Mario Grandstand ticket, can reach €1212, although the Serie A side ‘specifies that the only official way to buy a ticket is on the official channels and not through secondary ticket sites’.

This is said to be ‘a real plague that strikes every time a significant event is staged’, much like the 2018 Champions League quarter finals against Barcelona or their ensuing semi-final against Liverpool.

While this might not be as big of an event on a football scale, the game against Leicester remains a European clash in a tournament the Serie A side can still win, which is why fans are desperate to see a recently reinvigorated Roma.

Whether they beat the Foxes remains to be seen, but we’re sure Brendan Rodgers will have plans in mind to hopefully disappoint the Roman masses that did end up getting their tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I looked on Google at Pisa and it says train is about 3 hours? 

That’s true. There is no fast/direct train to Rome and depending which commuter train you get it’ll be between 3-4hrs.

Becareful of your bags on that train and try avoid wearing your team colours once you cross the Lazio/Tuscany Border.

Anyone getting this train can also consider getting of in St.Peters Station or Trastevere Station instead of Termini which is better,unless your hotel is there.

• Like 1

Ticket collection for 5k is gonna be fun. 

Please, please I hope they do what Rangers did for Braga and Liverpool did for Roma 

Given your passport will be required for access to the ground, like Legia was as well, they don’t need to be so touchy about reference swapping etc 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

That’s true. There is no fast/direct train to Rome and depending which commuter train you get it’ll be between 3-4hrs.

Becareful of your bags on that train and try avoid wearing your team colours once you cross the Lazio/Tuscany Border.

Anyone getting this train can also consider getting of in St.Peters Station or Trastevere Station instead of Termini which is better,unless your hotel is there.

I guess for a journey that length, you would be better off paying the £5 extra or so to go 1st class.

More comfortable,  and can pick a seat in the middle of the carriage thus reducing the chance of bag snatches etc.

Hopefully less crammed too so easier to keep an eye on people / belongings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ticket collection for 5k is gonna be fun. 

Please, please I hope they do what Rangers did for Braga and Liverpool did for Roma 

Given your passport will be required for access to the ground, like Legia was as well, they don’t need to be so touchy about reference swapping etc 

Is that right about the passport? And being required for entry 

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah passport is needed in Italy to match name to ticket and it is checked in my experience.

Didn't get checked at the turnstiles in Naples, mind you half the city fans turned up late thanks to the shambolic arrangement by the local police so I think they didn't have the nerve to check passports. 

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

Didn't get checked at the turnstiles in Naples, mind you half the city fans turned up late thanks to the shambolic arrangement by the local police so I think they didn't have the nerve to check passports. 

Probably cross referenced the videos they took of them all 4 hours prior.

So, an option for anyone stuck due to pricing, or who fancies adding something else to their trip;

Wednesday 4th May 

Flight

London Stansted   - Pisa

Departs 10:50 & Lands 13:55

Ryanair - £32 for return

Spend the day & night in Pisa (Extra City to explore & Cheaper hotels)

Thursday 5th May

Train

Pisa Centrale - Rome Termini

Departs 07:07 & arrives 10:03 (0 Changes & shortest Option)

Trainline - £17.44 (First Class too)

Spend the day & Night in Rome for Match day

Friday 6th May

Train

Rome Termini - Pisa Centrale

Departs 09:57 & arrives 12:59 (0 Changes)

Trainline - £44.69 (First Class too)

Flight

Pisa - London Stansted

Departs 19:10 & Lands 20:25

Ryanair - Return flight already paid.

Okay, so this isn't the most direct option, but it is likely to work out cheaper, and gives those who fancy it the opportunity to explore a second city. You will arrive in time to have the afternoon & Night in Pisa before catching the train to Rome the following morning. The train times are negotiable however only a very few have 0 changes and some are up to 2 hours longer.

The above times for trains and flights seem quite sensible in terms of not having to rush around or get up ridiculously early in the morning. Spending the first night in Pisa is also likely to save you a lot of money as you will only have to pay for 1 nights stay in Rome as opposed to 2.

I get this isn't for everyone, but it might work out cheaper and more of an adventure to some.

I am considering it myself but would prefer to go with 2-3 others to make the drive, petrol & parking more worth the time, money & effort.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

So, an option for anyone stuck due to pricing, or who fancies adding something else to their trip;

Wednesday 4th May 

Flight

London Stansted   - Pisa

Departs 10:50 & Lands 13:55

Ryanair - £32 for return

Spend the day & night in Pisa (Extra City to explore & Cheaper hotels)

Thursday 5th May

Train

Pisa Centrale - Rome Termini

Departs 07:07 & arrives 10:03 (0 Changes & shortest Option)

Trainline - £17.44 (First Class too)

Spend the day & Night in Rome for Match day

Friday 6th May

Train

Rome Termini - Pisa Centrale

Departs 09:57 & arrives 12:59 (0 Changes)

Trainline - £44.69 (First Class too)

Flight

Pisa - London Stansted

Departs 19:10 & Lands 20:25

Ryanair - Return flight already paid.

Okay, so this isn't the most direct option, but it is likely to work out cheaper, and gives those who fancy it the opportunity to explore a second city. You will arrive in time to have the afternoon & Night in Pisa before catching the train to Rome the following morning. The train times are negotiable however only a very few have 0 changes and some are up to 2 hours longer.

The above times for trains and flights seem quite sensible in terms of not having to rush around or get up ridiculously early in the morning. Spending the first night in Pisa is also likely to save you a lot of money as you will only have to pay for 1 nights stay in Rome as opposed to 2.

I get this isn't for everyone, but it might work out cheaper and more of an adventure to some.

I am considering it myself but would prefer to go with 2-3 others to make the drive, petrol & parking more worth the time, money & effort.

Great pricing, great job

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Not sure if it’s been posted on here but sport options aren’t putting anything on for this unfortunately.

Can we see us taking 5k without sport options? Seems v unlikely. Most who want a ticket should get one surely.