Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

11 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

Hi @SeanInRome. This may have already been covered, Where would u recommend is best to stay in the city for this match?

There is tons of nice safe places in areas like Trastevere,Vatican/Borgo and Centro historico...

Rome is a very safe city with surprisingly a very low crime rate so no-one has the need to worry.

If you are coming to Rome for more than beer and football then obviously closer to the center will be better for time,however there is many over priced bars & restaurants in this area so have a quick google and check the reviews.

I always tell travelling football away fans to be more cautious the night before the match day as the city isn’t policed as much and the kids can catch people unexpectedly

• Like 1

A couple of options i was looking at (haven't booked anything but still might do).

Option 1 - Stansted to Perugia with Ryanair - 4th to 6th £35 arrives at 10.50 on the Wednesday and there are several trains to rome, return train to rome seems to cost 22 euros and takes just under 3 hours but looks pretty relaxed and lots of options. 

Option 2 East mids to Palma - Mallorca on either the Wednesday night or morning depending on if want a day on the beach in Mallorca or not. Both options £15. Palma to Rome 9am on Thursday for £9. Loads of cheap hotels in Mallorca. Obvious flaw in this plan of getting pissed up and missing the flight to Rome. Flight back via the train to Treviso and Treviso to East mids £5 flight. 

Hope that helps someone. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Duncan_K said:

A couple of options i was looking at (haven't booked anything but still might do).

Option 1 - Stansted to Perugia with Ryanair - 4th to 6th £35 arrives at 10.50 on the Wednesday and there are several trains to rome, return train to rome seems to cost 22 euros and takes just under 3 hours but looks pretty relaxed and lots of options. 

Option 2 East mids to Palma - Mallorca on either the Wednesday night or morning depending on if want a day on the beach in Mallorca or not. Both options £15. Palma to Rome 9am on Thursday for £9. Loads of cheap hotels in Mallorca. Obvious flaw in this plan of getting pissed up and missing the flight to Rome. Flight back via the train to Treviso and Treviso to East mids £5 flight. 

Hope that helps someone. 

Ive been looking last minute at flights this morning 

You can fly from Gatwick Via Nice for £120 return, flying out weds and back Friday,  not a bad option. But a 3 hour wait in Nice on the way back wont be much fun. 

3 hours ago, norfolkfox222 said:

Ive been looking last minute at flights this morning 

You can fly from Gatwick Via Nice for £120 return, flying out weds and back Friday,  not a bad option. But a 3 hour wait in Nice on the way back wont be much fun. 

Stansted-perugia weds am then 1hr 10 train to Rome termini.

be in Rome by 2pm latest 

1B668E20-06B3-42FF-AF70-BB797DD8BFFE.jpeg

Edited by Bristol fox ....
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

we're going from luton i believe we paid £29 for parking at the airport which i think is reasonable could be a long walk to the terminal mind 

When I flew to France we booked mid stay. About £6 more than long stay but a 5 min walk rather than 10 min bus journey (plus waiting time). It was still only £35 for 2 days. Compare that to about £70 at Stansted for the same timeframe.

• Like 1

Booking the LTN to Naples flight 06.15 from Luton and parking for 20 quid...  Will have up to 3 spaces in the car if anyone needs travel..  departing from Sileby area so can pick up on the way through.     Then will be back friday 11.35 , same offer applies 

1 hour ago, mikelcfc said:

Booking the LTN to Naples flight 06.15 from Luton and parking for 20 quid...  Will have up to 3 spaces in the car if anyone needs travel..  departing from Sileby area so can pick up on the way through.     Then will be back friday 11.35 , same offer applies 

Mike is that the flight on Thursday if so I think there’s at least another 3 fans going as well? I am on that flight but live in MK so will be driving myself.

Edited by Bucks fox

6 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

There is tons of nice safe places in areas like Trastevere,Vatican/Borgo and Centro historico...

Rome is a very safe city with surprisingly a very low crime rate so no-one has the need to worry.

If you are coming to Rome for more than beer and football then obviously closer to the center will be better for time,however there is many over priced bars & restaurants in this area so have a quick google and check the reviews.

I always tell travelling football away fans to be more cautious the night before the match day as the city isn’t policed as much and the kids can catch people unexpectedly

@SeanInRome

What is it like the day after the match, Friday? Would it be safe to wander around just in normal clothes (no city shirt) looking like a tourist before our flight back Friday evening? Suppose it depends on the result…