Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

8 minutes ago, Bucks fox said:

@SeanInRome Hi Sean, if you book train tickets now for the Italo bullet train from Naples to Rome do you get a guaranteed seat at the time of booking? IE I won't get bumped if the train is overbooked as I have a reserved seat?

The high speed trains there is no standing and never overbooked.

There is a carriage number and seat number for every passenger 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Makes me smile Roma sell out their allocation with in minutes for the 1st leg. How can they know the arrangements for our stadium but we have no idea when the tickets for away leg go on sale. What is wrong with the guys in our ticket office? Fans have to make travel & accommodation arrangements. Book holidays from work etc and the planks that are ticket office managers keep stum. Some Fans need to have a ticket before finalising plans doh 

Add it to the catalogue of p*ss poor service 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah passport is needed in Italy to match name to ticket and it is checked in my experience.

Do they just want to make sure the name matches from ticket to passport? or were they looking at all of it?

Anyone still not booked that fancy it

East mids to Alicante Tues £12

Alicante to Rome weds £31

Rome to alicante Friday £40

Alicante to east mids fri £14 

£97 quid total for all 4 flights, cheap as chips in Alicante for the night stay also. Max £30 Wont break the bank. 

Go for it 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BridgfordFox said:

I'm really struggling to work out where best to stay.  I'll be with my teenage son, so I need to make sure it's reasonably safe and I don't mind paying a bit more...

Any suggestions??

I’m staying at best western art deco. By all accounts it’s meant to be very safe 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah passport is needed in Italy to match name to ticket and it is checked in my experience.

If it was like Napoli away - police were filming you get back onto the bus and you had to show your face, passport and match ticket.

Then there were 50 coppers filming you walking into the stadium.

Crazy.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
44 minutes ago, BridgfordFox said:

I'm really struggling to work out where best to stay.  I'll be with my teenage son, so I need to make sure it's reasonably safe and I don't mind paying a bit more...

Any suggestions??

I'm in a hotel sprinting distance from Termini, so any bother I can pelt it into the lobby like some sort of dark version of Pat Sharps Fun House.

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

No sportops then. Any decent options for flying out on the Thursday? 

You can fly out to Naples via Luton arrive Naples at 10:00am (hopefully) and then get the bullet train to Rome only takes 1hr 10mins, the real challenge is getting back though to Naples

48 minutes ago, Hilton Fox said:

If it was like Napoli away - police were filming you get back onto the bus and you had to show your face, passport and match ticket.

Then there were 50 coppers filming you walking into the stadium.

Crazy.

That's exactly what happened when I went roma away for a Champions league game. All kept on buses outside the away end, taken out singly , then recorded with us holding our passport. Took ages,  I will happily risk the hour walk to the stadium than that again.
Lock in and buses on way back, will be annoying enough. 

Edited by Foxes99

1 hour ago, BridgfordFox said:

Any suggestions??

I’m staying in Trastevere, was nice when i went in December, has a good mix of tourists and locals and has some good cafes/restaurants and bars etc.