Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

Out from Heathrow with BA on the Wednesday evening and back Friday morning for £123 booked today. We’re fortunate there are so many airlines and flights into Rome compared to some of the other places we’ve played.

Do we think the delay in ticket details is whilst the club try and find somewhere happy to host a ridiculous collection of 5,000 tickets?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BridgfordFox said:

I'm really struggling to work out where best to stay.  I'll be with my teenage son, so I need to make sure it's reasonably safe and I don't mind paying a bit more...

Any suggestions??

I chose the hotel isa as it’s on the left bank towards the Vatican so I assumed would be safer ……

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Out from Heathrow with BA on the Wednesday evening and back Friday morning for £123 booked today. We’re fortunate there are so many airlines and flights into Rome compared to some of the other places we’ve played.

Do we think the delay in ticket details is whilst the club try and find somewhere happy to host a ridiculous collection of 5,000 tickets?!

I guess the local plod will want a say in this too ….. could be pretty complicated …..

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

SportOps all but confirm nothing for Rome, but have options for Tirana if we make it 

Dread to think the price of them for Tirana but its an option which will help loads there.

They also do Rangers etc one night trips and not just always in and outs right?

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Dread to think the price of them for Tirana but its an option which will help loads there.

They also do Rangers etc one night trips and not just always in and outs right?

Yeh fairly often they do overnight stay options too

Sometimes they sort the hotel and include that in the price. Other times you sort your own hotels separately to booking on the SportOps flights.

Ive only used them 3 times- Kiev in the Quarters (2012) cost me £800 for the day trip 😅

They’re charging £350 for the Germany day trip in June.

Id guess based on the above they’ll look to charge £500-600 for Tirana 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As I mentioned earlier, will have to show passport anyway at the gate 

True but I imagine the bulk of fans won’t know that, and will buy in the hope of reselling if they know collection isn’t a thing, lowering the pot for actual fans. Plus you’ve seen multiple soppy posts on here, no one can be arsed to fight the club and get their money back for tickets they won’t use

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

True but I imagine the bulk of fans won’t know that, and will buy in the hope of reselling if they know collection isn’t a thing, lowering the pot for actual fans. Plus you’ve seen multiple soppy posts on here, no one can be arsed to fight the club and get their money back for tickets they won’t use

We don't get told the collection details before we buy anyway. 

Plus if we get 5k tickets it will not be a problem. 

Club just need to make it clear passport's must be shown at the ground. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

There's some okay prices via British Airways Flight & Hotel packages.

Cheapest is Flying out Wednesday night, flying back Friday morning via Heathrow.

Hotel is Best Western. 

£177 all in Inc flights & hotel

Decent price but you’d have missed the game, the final is on the Wednesday 

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Seems like more and more are stopping around Termini, so if anyones contemplating booking around there, there should be good safety in numbers 

We're there, stayed before,  it's fine.  Too much scaremongering going on.

• Like 1