Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

34 minutes ago, Ian S said:

So you are forced onto a bus and cannot walk back ?

When I was there with England in 97, 0-0, we were held back three hours. When we were allowed out, no taxis, no buses; we all had to walk back. Long journey back to Hotel Napoleon by Piazza Vittorio Emanuel II, near the Termini.

Locals were riding around on scooters, the pillion guys waving knives around, but basically all for show. Might have changed with the current generation though!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

Not sure if this has been covered and slightly confused, my mate I’m travelling with isn’t jabbed, anyone got a useful link regarding testing and getting in the ground without a covid pass?

A 21€ test with results in 15 minutes on match day can get him inside the stadium. Most likely he’ll need one also to enter the country and all this might change on the 1st of May

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm assuming that they throw us on coaches after the game and drop us off somewhere near the railway station.

Does anyone know if away fans are held back after the game?

All that would achieve is to give their fans time to get back before us and hang around the drop off point.

Bottom line is, take a sleeping bag and a flask of Horlicks to cover the time before they let us out of the ground.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Normally from 11 until 5.30 

Queues were okay until Eindhoven where it took approx 40 minutes 

Especially with that Lorry Driver trying to reverse into a 6ft by 6ft entrance right by our ticket queue 😂

6 hours ago, coolcol said:

Especially with that Lorry Driver trying to reverse into a 6ft by 6ft entrance right by our ticket queue 😂

We got there about 12.30 and went to the bar almost opposite for a pint whilst the queue died down,  it stayed the same length for nearly 4 hours. Bar was good.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
9 hours ago, Luttoblue said:

Not a keen flyer so considering driving to Rome. Reckon it'll be a good 24hr drive though, at least I can tick off the Mont Blanc tunnel on the bucket list :D 

It's not a bad drive to be fair, be aware the French tolls add up to more than you ever think possible.

3 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

It's not a bad drive to be fair, be aware the French tolls add up to more than you ever think possible.

I considered this . About 16 hours according to Google maps. Price of fuel and tolls meant it was too expensive . Found flights for £36 so no brainer really

Edited by Gazza3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Club are proposing that anyone who travelled to Randers will be given elite supporter status for life.

Anyone who's going to Rome but hasn't been to any of the previous conference league games will be forced to travel from the centre of town to the ground in a bandwagon.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Club are proposing that anyone who travelled to Randers will be given elite supporter status for life.

Anyone who's going to Rome but hasn't been to any of the previous conference league games will be forced to travel from the centre of town to the ground in a bandwagon.

Excellent news 

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Club have assessed their options and any potential free tickets for the final are to be issued if only correctly singing the Dan Amartey chant, Sweet dreams chant and identifying Randers goalscorer in the second leg 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Club have assessed their options and any potential free tickets for the final are to be issued if only correctly singing the Dan Amartey chant, Sweet dreams chant and identifying Randers goalscorer in the second leg 

And the albania chant. Bloke next to me in Randers got the words wrong the whole time. Barred for life.

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Correct approach Imo

12 hours ago, Luttoblue said:

Not a keen flyer so considering driving to Rome. Reckon it'll be a good 24hr drive though, at least I can tick off the Mont Blanc tunnel on the bucket list :D 

Minimum of 24 hours I would say. I’ve drive to/from Bergamo in the north and it’s a right slog.

Mont Blanc tunnel is quite cool and the scenery around the alps is pretty cool but **** me that’s an effort lol. Why don’t you drive to north Italy and then jump on the train?

I didn’t realise we we’re getting so many tickets or I might have looked earlier at flights etc. 

Only feasible direct option I could see yesterday to fly in/out on Thursday/Friday seemed to be from Gatwick arriving in Rome at 3pm, flying out at 8am, having to pick up tickets, get to the ground etc and it just seemed a bit too much. 

The other issue is I’m actually meant to be at a twice rearranged covid gig on that night with non football mates. I binned them off last week for a gig where I was down with man flu. Probably won’t even get to watch it on TV!!