Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I been told ticket collection in Rome is at Colosseum, club staff in gladiator outfits with Top on the emperors seat. Top will give the personal thumbs up or down if you get a ticket depending on how much club merchandise you wear 

Front row seats for pink caps.

Anyone flying into Naples on Thursday morning and getting train. Wondering how long it will take to get through airport and to station, as to what train to Rome to get. Any information much appreciated, thanks. 

Edited by moose6913

40 minutes ago, moose6913 said:

Anyone flying into Naples on Thursday morning and getting train. Wondering how long it will take to get through airport and to station, as to what train to Rome to get. Any information much appreciated, thanks. 

Im flying in on Wednesday to Naples land at 3pm, from before getting through airport etc for the Naples game,  I booked the 4.55pm train to rome, 

Do we actually have confirmation that drop off post match will be Termini?

If other British clubs have had pick up at Piazzale Delle Canestre then it seems a bit strange for pick up to be one place but drop off after to be another and not helpful in terms of trying to book somewhere that’s near to both.

In Naples pick up and drop off was the exact same spot.

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Do we actually have confirmation that drop off post match will be Termini?

If other British clubs have had pick up at Piazzale Delle Canestre then it seems a bit strange for pick up to be one place but drop off after to be another and not helpful in terms of trying to book somewhere that’s near to both.

In Naples pick up and drop off was the exact same spot.

I would imagine its to do with the traffic and how busy the area is in the day as to why the busses collect there. 

Dropping off in the middle of the park at 1am doesn't make much sense

• Like 1

Looking at booking if can get tickets tomorrow. 

Based on this thread seems like the choice is Vatican/ Trastevere area which is safer, but further away and more expensive. Or there seems to be a decent number staying around termini which is a dodgier area but cheaper and a lot closer to the station obviously. 

@SeanInRome - Apologies if you’ve already answered this one. But if people were to opt to stay around termini, (looks like a number of options directly next to it) is this walkable after the game (assuming we get dropped there) if it’s only 5 min walk and you’re sensible, ie. Not wearing club colours/ singing songs etc? Or is that a no-go.

Conscious of thousands of supporters trying to get Ubers/ taxis if the trains have stopped running at that time could be a nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Looking at booking if can get tickets tomorrow. 

Based on this thread seems like the choice is Vatican/ Trastevere area which is safer, but further away and more expensive. Or there seems to be a decent number staying around termini which is a dodgier area but cheaper and a lot closer to the station obviously. 

@SeanInRome - Apologies if you’ve already answered this one. But if people were to opt to stay around termini, (looks like a number of options directly next to it) is this walkable after the game (assuming we get dropped there) if it’s only 5 min walk and you’re sensible, ie. Not wearing club colours/ singing songs etc? Or is that a no-go.

Conscious of thousands of supporters trying to get Ubers/ taxis if the trains have stopped running at that time could be a nightmare. 

I’ve had a few small hiccups at Termini over the years but you are spot on,if you are not plastered and keep your wits about you you should be fine.

Many asking this question but truth be told,what sort of fox fan is going to be going back to their hotel after a 1am drop off 🤷‍♂️

Most getting dropped off a Termini will most likely look for a bar.

It’ll be policed for the first 1 hour but everyone should be extra cautious in that area and individuals even more so.

Hate to say it but a red Roma tracksuit top as a souvenir could be a life saver 

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2022 at 18:29, CastagnesLasagnes said:

anyone that’s flying to / from Naples just leaving trains until they arrive? are pieces likely to jump in price? 

I am arriving Naples at 10:00am but am looking to book trains now before they book up

18 minutes ago, Bucks fox said:

I am arriving Naples at 10:00am but am looking to book trains now before they book up

Trains run to Rome about every hour from Naples.  Its not like the UK they wont be full up.  Dont panic travel in Europe is nothing like this country you can actually get somwhere and they dont close down for Bank holidays for engineering works.

On 23/04/2022 at 11:53, moose6913 said:

I am flying in from Luton, I've literally just booked my train ticket just now. Mindful that I got an hour delay flying to Schiphol for the PSV game I have booked this train, but I can change the ticket if I get there earlier for a small fee. You book on www,Italoreno.it

transparent.gifOutward: Napoli Centrale > Roma TerminiThu 05 May  13:20 > 14:30 

Train number:   9940 (9940) 13:20  Napoli Centrale - 14:30  Roma Termini

Read the different ticket options as some allow amendments and some don't, IE cheaper ones you can't amend so if you miss the train tough luck

Edited by Bucks fox

7 minutes ago, 8 ball said:

There are 4 of us on the stansted flight wed 4/5 at 08.35…..rtn fri 6/5 on 19.10 flight.  If anyone fancies sharing minibus or has room for 4 please let me know . Cheers

I got a quote for a minibus for them flights but it’s very expensive.

Anyone on either of the below flights? I'm (stupidly) considering hiring a car (only £40 for the day) and driving down to Rome and back.
If someone else is already on one/both of these or would want to join my idiotic trip drop me a message
image.png.5ef130383ff8d1d216dca4b46462cfb3.png

Edited by Sir Steve Howard

On 24/04/2022 at 19:18, CastagnesLasagnes said:

nice one  thanks - will wait and just buy at the station as and when we need, rather than relying on everything being on time ( made that mistake with rennes ! ). 

I am flying into Naples. Not pre booked train as don’t know how long it will take to get out their airport. Will be getting the t4ain that takes 2 hours as lots cheaper then the bullet train. I fly out on the Wednesday,would hate to fly on Thursday and there is a long delay with flight 

Edited by Lesterlad