Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

2 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

That’s a fantastic place with everything one needs in vacation. Bus and train station just outside that can bring you into the center in minutes with only a small problem of getting home at night.

I was going to recommend this to people but I didn’t want people complaining it was to far away.

Some pool time,music/dj’s at night and hundreds staying there you will never be bored.

I live only 10 minutes away but have stayed there myself with mates a few times over the year just to get away from the center for a night 😎

Thanks for the info . good to know it will be ok . won't be spending much time there but will be nice to be outside and chill on wed night . am I correct in thinking there's a big supermarket across the road

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When are you going ?  Not sure it’s going to be warm enough to need to ‘cool down’ next week !

I expect those corporate and player/employees that had been put aside have now been released …..

Its called Roma Hu. Believe me its always warm enough for a quick swim 

52 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Thanks for the info . good to know it will be ok . won't be spending much time there but will be nice to be outside and chill on wed night . am I correct in thinking there's a big supermarket across the road

When last stayed there in 2017 they had a small supermarket inside the camping area. Beers,food,water and pretty much everything else you’d need on vacation 

5 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Strongly considering this after missing out on Randers in my backyard. 28 quid for a match ticket and 210 DKK for Billund-Rome round trip that would get me to Rome Fiumicino at 15:40. Should leave me enough time before any potential ticket pick-up and the match itself, I guess?  

If that's match day then you're cutting it mighty fine, especially for ticket collection.

5 minutes ago, coolcol said:

If that's match day then you're cutting it mighty fine, especially for ticket collection.

All depends on if there is a collection. I think you’ll be fine personally. Just don’t want a delayed flight, obviously 

• Like 1

I got a ticket without thinking it through. Any idea how easy it is to get from Rome Fiumicino airport to the stadium? My easyjet would land at 10:15am on Thursday.

Also, what are the odds of hooking up with some fellow foxes for pre-game drinks?

7 minutes ago, Southcoastfox08 said:

Apologies if this has been asked already, but who understands this Green pass crap? Says you need it to enter Italy and again to board a flight from Italy.

What I understand is if you show them your NHS Covid pass then you're fine....

Apparently, big Govt changes happening in Italy re Covid from May 1st onwards anyways.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I got a ticket without thinking it through. Any idea how easy it is to get from Rome Fiumicino airport to the stadium? My easyjet would land at 10:15am on Thursday.

Also, what are the odds of hooking up with some fellow foxes for pre-game drinks?

You'll have plenty of time to head into Rome for some drinks before the stadium. 

4 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Apparently, big Govt changes happening in Italy re Covid from May 1st onwards anyways.

Was hoping that. Just confusing when they mention green passes as well as proof of vaccination. Also, the green pass doesn't seem to have the option to add  vaccination details

16 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

You land 11 hours before kick off, you’ve got loads of time. I land at 13.25 in Rome which is also comfortable 

3 minutes ago, Southcoastfox08 said:

Was hoping that. Just confusing when they mention green passes as well as proof of vaccination. Also, the green pass doesn't seem to have the option to add  vaccination details

this is from gov website when talking about proving your vaccination - it starts by saying; 

You can use the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record to demonstrate your vaccination record when entering Italy. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccination status.

then follows with;

For information on how to use your certificates (known locally as Green Pass and Super Green Pass) to access services in Italy, see the ‘Coronavirus’ page and ‘Public spaces and services’ section.

i read that as NHS passes being green passed? 

16 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

this is from gov website when talking about proving your vaccination - it starts by saying; 

You can use the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record to demonstrate your vaccination record when entering Italy. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccination status.

then follows with;

For information on how to use your certificates (known locally as Green Pass and Super Green Pass) to access services in Italy, see the ‘Coronavirus’ page and ‘Public spaces and services’ section.

i read that as NHS passes being green passed? 

Ok, just seen that on the entry requirements page. That makes sense then and is alot easier. Just need to sort it for an unvaccinated 11 year old 👍

24 minutes ago, Southcoastfox08 said:

Ok, just seen that on the entry requirements page. That makes sense then and is alot easier. Just need to sort it for an unvaccinated 11 year old 👍

We were asked for Green pass in restaurants in Naples , they use an app which scans your nhs covid barcode 

33 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Pretty much all the flights to Rome on the 5th (from London airports) have now sold out. I had a perfect EasyJet flight from Gatwick but didn't book in time :-\

Should be some to naples from Luton. Under 2 hours on the train 

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

Also as it stands everyone going to italy needs to wear an FFP2 mask or higher although this could change end of April. I bought some from Amazon just to be on safe side

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

What's the deal with buses to the ground, are we waiting on info from the club on pickup point/time etc? 

Most likely pick up from Piazzale delle Canestre, that's where both Chelsea and Liverpool had buses from. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1