Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

when was he bullied everything Newcastle did went down their left?

...to be honest he was woeful as was all our team today!!!

No fight, no ideas and making passes when they don't need to, poor ball control and you could see that Newcastle were better on the ball.

Justin was at fault for that, Amartey was being proactive, if Justin win a corner or force the goal kick, then great. Allowing himself to be eased of the ball in that position was the problem, Youri being spun so easily and Amartey unlucky enough to have the poor cross spin off his toes ideally for their winning goal.

KDH looked out of it, his attitude was right, but he gave the ball away and kept slipping, in poor situations. 

Someone needs to take responsibility for the ball when in possession, it seems unless KDH is doing it, no one else is prepared to step up.

• Like 1

So predictable at the end, there are too many keystone cops moments this season, yes us Leicester fans are use to a bit of that, it is in our DNA, although 2015/16 is the exception.  I know there have been a lot worse over the past 40 years that I have supported us, but we've never had a squad as talented as this, and I think this is the most frustrating thing for me

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Sorry I don’t understand whether you are agreeing or disagreeing?  I am in total agreement with you. We should be trying to win this one and every game till the end of the season. I am very annoyed by that defeat!

I agree with you. Sorry if wires crossed.  The nature of the defeat has become too common . Don't like chucking points away as if we had already won a cup and league places could not be affected 

Just now, Col city fan said:

I’ll tell you again if you like

Go with the stats. The amount of goals this team have conceded when Amartey plays alongside Soyuncu (and especially when Thomas is in the same defence) is quite astounding 

I think we all know that Schmeichel has saved this team over and over again this season. I think we can forgive the odd error.

But keep being an ostrich. Don’t bother me, as I said, it’s made me lots this season.

Our stats may not be very impressive but some are quite tidy! 30 played, 40 points, 50 goals conceded.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Someone needs to take responsibility for the ball when in possession, it seems unless KDH is doing it, no one else is prepared to step up.

I think Rodgers should have moved Maddison into KDH's midfield spot when he came on and slid KDH to Perez spot. You could tell KDH wasn't up to his best today due to his workload the past month. Madder's is playing well and can be trusted with not making turnovers in the midfield.

I'm more annoyed about the performance in the second half. The amount of players out of form I think is worrying. Tielemans looks absolutely awful, shouldn't be on the pitch. Daka looks so short of confidence, can't even remember him even looking remotely dangerous today. Barnes has had a ****ing shit season, he should be getting called out for it more than he does. Subbed off at HT midweek then came on today and just looks for a backwards pass. 

Newcastle were shite, we gifted them that game. I'm not against keeping Amartey as a squad player but he's a bit of a liability, Soyuncu is no better. 

I hope we go more full strength on Wednesday, feel like we will lose again if we play that side.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

So predictable at the end, there are too many keystone cops moments this season, yes us Leicester fans are use to a bit of that, it is in our DNA, although 2015/16 is the exception.  I know there have been a lot worse over the past 40 years that I have supported us, but we've never had a squad as talented as this, and I think this is the most frustrating thing for me

Very good post. 2015/16 was amazing because there were so few keystone cops bloomers. Seems there were quite of them held over to this season. Frustration with a capital F

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

I'm more annoyed about the performance in the second half. The amount of players out of form I think is worrying. Tielemans looks absolutely awful, shouldn't be on the pitch. Daka looks so short of confidence, can't even remember him even looking remotely dangerous today. Barnes has had a ****ing shit season, he should be getting called out for it more than he does. Subbed off at HT midweek then came on today and just looks for a backwards pass. 

Newcastle were shite, we gifted them that game. I'm not against keeping Amartey as a squad player but he's a bit of a liability, Soyuncu is no better. 

I hope we go more full strength on Wednesday, feel like we will lose again if we play that side.

I will be surprised if the back four we played against PSV isn’t put back in for Wednesday… yeah we don’t want them getting injured but they also don’t want to be going in cold against Roma. I can understand the rotation today but I won’t if on Wednesday our stronger side isn’t played 

1 hour ago, Yes said:

Obviously frustrating, but some of you need to relax, the majority are second choice players for a reason and the difference in quality between the back 4 Thursday and that back 4 today should tell you all you need to know, not a lots changed after that result the focus remains on Europe.

I thought our defence looked commanding until Newcastle scored, and from that point our defenders became nervous and lost their assurance.

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

Big chance for Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas, Mendy, Perez to state their case for a place in the first XI and they all predictably ****ed it. 

Thought Perez actually did fine, good for the first goal and unlucky to not get us a second with the ball through to Lookman 

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...to be honest he was woeful as was all our team today!!!

No fight, no ideas and making passes when they don't need to, poor ball control and you could see that Newcastle were better on the ball.

Justin was at fault for that, Amartey was being proactive, if Justin win a corner or force the goal kick, then great. Allowing himself to be eased of the ball in that position was the problem, Youri being spun so easily and Amartey unlucky enough to have the poor cross spin off his toes ideally for their winning goal.

KDH looked out of it, his attitude was right, but he gave the ball away and kept slipping, in poor situations. 

Now that is a conclusion that I was not expecting to see after that game!

• Like 1