Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

10 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Can understand Daka being hooked as he struggled to find any sort of form in the game, but Lookman I thought was excellent today and looked a real threat especially as  Barnes seems to be all at sea atm. I suppose Perez off was his lack of match time but Madders didn't really seem to make the sort of impact you would have hoped either.

A Royal fcuk up at the end despite having nearly all the possession and overcommiting in the last few seconds seems to be a bit of a habit.

This just about spot on. We should have won that one but looked like we were happy to take a point at the end. I feel worse about that defeat than almost any all season. Just when we seemed to be getting our mojo back we go and do that after such a promising start. Very disappointing. I don’t like wholesale rotations either. Young players should be able to handle a couple of games a week. It’s better than training. Moan over and on to the next one. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

No. 

But stop coming on here to defend him. It's not doing him any favours, in fact it speaks badly of his stock.

Accept that footballers will get criticism and leave it alone.

Defend him by agreeing he was poor today but saying he doesn't need to get out of "your" club.  

Just now, Yes said:

Obviously frustrating, but some of you need to relax, the majority are second choice players for a reason and the difference in quality between the back 4 Thursday and that back 4 today should tell you all you need to know, not a lots changed after that result the focus remains on Europe.

Just frustrated with the manner of the defeat, but you are right, the league is far from priority so when the A team is back for Roma I will be far more confident. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yes said:

Obviously frustrating, but some of you need to relax, the majority are second choice players for a reason and the difference in quality between the back 4 Thursday and that back 4 today should tell you all you need to know, not a lots changed after that result the focus remains on Europe.

Sense is not allowed in this thread 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, turlo said:

Defend him by agreeing he was poor today but saying he doesn't need to get out of "your" club.  

Fair enough. 

I just tend to notice you jumping to his defence quite often on here, and your affiliation with him and defending him isn't doing his reputation any favours. 

We get it, you don't want to see him criticised. Maybe avoid this place after he has a bad game!

3 minutes ago, Yes said:

Even second, third or 4th choice players should have seen that out at the end. We were comfortably in possession at the back with seconds to go, when it gets hoofed up field.

Naivety personified.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

I don't buy this dead rubber talk with just 30 league matches played. You can't just pick it up when you feel like. A poor result and the last minute goal still very annoying 

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

This just about spot on. We should have won that one but looked like we were happy to take a point at the end. I feel worse about that defeat than almost any all season. Just when we seemed to be getting our mojo back we go and do that after such a promising start. Very disappointing. I don’t like wholesale rotations either. Young players should be able to handle a couple of games a week. It’s better than training. Moan over and on to the next one. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Having all the possession and not forcing their keeper into action, is a very poor performance for me. If their keeper made a bunch of saves then I could say good effort and all but not from that rubbish today. 

Yes..This was that Type of game, where there was no threat,es have lost games where we have at least created..

This Type of 2-4 probablies + a Good goal,Then Fall off into the Abyss have been too often... for me..

Brendan Not going public & saying how it is and not coming out demanding more...Europe here Europe there...Bread & Butter & no Humpf with no apolgies..

neh...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes..This was that Type of game, where there was no threat,es have lost games where we have at least created..

This Type of 2-4 probablies + a Good goal,Then Fall off into the Abyss have been too often... for me..

Brendan Not going public & saying how it is and not coming out demanding more...Europe here Europe there...Bread & Butter & no Humpf with no apolgies..

neh...

Pardon?

• Haha 3

Rodgers probably deserves another season for all that he did last year and the Europa run but this level of performance has been too common for us this year - with our without injuries. Needs to get it sorted out if we want a chance at winning a trophy.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

You can't keep changing your team and get results, i only half watched today so can't comment on performance really but didnt really see us look too threatening. Shouldn't be losing the game from that positon, so much naiveity in this side still.  

Fact of life(changing team) if you have to -play every 3 or 4 days.

We lack leaders. How many times have we said that? It’s so so true though. If Evans was on that pitch today we draw that.

Having said all of that….Newcastle are shit. Why didn't we go for the win? We never looked like winning. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

We lack leaders. How many times have we said that? It’s so so true though. If Evans was on that pitch today we draw that.

Having said all of that….Newcastle are shit. Why didn't we go for the win? We never looked like winning. 

That is what annoys me the most, why haven’t we tried to just win the game against a poor side… makes no sense 

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That was one of my worst football experiences ever.

Worst? Nah, you need to watch more football. ;)

I'll give you that it was both poor and dull but not one that is even in my considerations as a contender for worst.

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We was doing well until they scored then our heads dropped and we lost any momentum we was building.. I think BR has got the subs wrong today as well..

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1