Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Who cares? Premier league was over for us ages ago. Hopefully we can win this European cup and rebuild again for next year and a top four assault.

But youngsters & experienced Player have to realise they cant get away with dishing put such performances every Two weeks if they Wanted to be considered

First choices....Europe wont Save them Next seasons places..

• Like 1

I'm generally very critical when we put in the kind of performance where we just keep the ball without creating anything but I suspect after recent exploits that we put a high prize on keeping the ball and controlling the tempo. Ultimately we wanted a slow dull game where we'd take a point or 3 away. Didn't happen, league isn't the priority now, we forget about it.

Would be looking at trying to find ways to get people like Daka some confidence in these league games now. And players like KDH and Youri do need a rest, whatever that means for the result. Let's use these league games smartly now and focus on being ready for Roma.

• Like 2

Just now, Number 6 said:

I'm generally very critical when we put in the kind of performance where we just keep the ball without creating anything but I suspect after recent exploits that we put a high prize on keeping the ball and controlling the tempo. Ultimately we wanted a slow dull game where we'd take a point or 3 away. Didn't happen, league isn't the priority now, we forget about it.

Would be looking at trying to find ways to get people like Daka some confidence in these league games now. And players like KDH and Youri do need a rest, whatever that means for the result. Let's use these league games smartly now and focus on being ready for Roma.

Think after today that’s spot on, no chance we catch 8th from here and with 40 points on the board it’s surely got to be all about the next 11 days getting ready for a huge shift against Roma at the KP. 

Very disappointing in the end. A game we should have had at least a point in and possibly a win despite the below par performance. Don't understand this attitude that it's a 'nothing season' league wise. Putting all our eggs in the Europa Conference might not be the best approach. 

Newcastle were poor, creating little, and two mistakes by massively experienced players cost us hugely. No-one really stood out positively though Perez and Lookman tried hard to try things. 

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan

Made a nice few quid today tbf

Went on over 2.5 goals when we went 1 up, pretty much knowing that they’d score more than one against Laurel and Hardy.  

They left it later than I thought but it was always likely to happen 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Went on over 2.5 goals when we went 1 up, pretty much knowing that they’d score more than one against Laurel and Hardy.  

Are Laurel and Hardy, Schmeichel and Tielemans? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well done mate, I’m buzzing for you. Congrats

28 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I don't buy this dead rubber talk with just 30 league matches played. You can't just pick it up when you feel like. A poor result and the last minute goal still very annoying 

Sorry I don’t understand whether you are agreeing or disagreeing?  I am in total agreement with you. We should be trying to win this one and every game till the end of the season. I am very annoyed by that defeat!

Just watched their second back a couple of times. So many things wrong. JJ too far forward given the stage of the game, Tielemans not pulling Willock down on the halfway line, KDH caught ball watching, Mendy being wrestled to the ground by Joelinton, no one picking up Guimaraes and allowing him to run the full length of the pitch unchallenged, and Soyuncu getting drawn out into no man's land vacating a huge space slap bang in front of goal. So so frustrating watching this team at times. 

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Are Laurel and Hardy, Schmeichel and Tielemans? 

If you like a flutter, anyone with any sense  will have gone on City to concede over 1.5 goals in games where Amartey/Cags have started.

It’s made me plenty of dosh this season. To be fair, my moaning about Big Dan playing has shown how much I want Leicester to win! From a financial perspective, I’d have the pair of them starting every game!

😉

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

trying to win the game, like we should have been 

Sorry total rubbish, his chasing a long punt that he second favourite for, he hardly manage to pass it to someone in blue all day, you think he going to win the ball and pick a pass. 

Total head gone moment with 10 seconds on the clock

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

Sorry I don’t understand whether you are agreeing or disagreeing?  I am in total agreement with you. We should be trying to win this one and every game till the end of the season. I am very annoyed by that defeat!

Secretly I think we are all, annoyed, especially when seconds away from a point but are trying to disguise it by saying we are putting all our eggs in the Euro Conf League Bascket. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Tbf there’s 3 first team players on the pitch for us there in the starting line up. 

Moronic last 30 seconds but we did fine. Bit disappointed with the lack of ambition going forwards, but this season is done domestically. 

Doesn't matter if the league season's done.  Every match is a game to be played with the only objective being to score goals and win it.  Tell the fans who bothered to make the journey that it's not worth putting in the effort on the pitch.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
Just now, deep blue said:

Doesn't matter if the league season's done.  Every match is a game to be played with the only objective being to score goals and win it.  Tell the fans who bothered to make the journey that it's not worth putting in the effort on the pitch.

Absolutely spot on

That wasn’t about lack of effort today btw

It was because we are crap defensively with that back four

That second half performance was like watching 2 mid table teams playing out a meaningless match on the last day of the season. Both teams showed no will to win and looked ready to accept a point.

Sadly, yet another heads gone decision by Amartey to play a risky long pass has cost us with seconds remaining.

For me Amartey and Soyuncu should be moved out this summer. Both are below the quality we need and I don’t think they have the ability to learn from their many mistakes. 

Don't our games in hand involve Everton away and Norwich at home? Chelsea away too but that one might be a bit of a stretch. Still, if we'd won today and those two in hand that are very winnable, we'd be giving 7th place a good go. Total lack of ambition to give up before today really. Every chance we'll be fooked over by Roma then that's this season and Europe next gone. 

Also, the back 4 in Europe has barely played any games between them, why the fook they need rotation? If we're playing Roma this week maybe, but we ain't. Just another fook up from the 'management'. Just when they were winning me over. ;-)

Edited by squidsworth