Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That really hurt. However, it really is one of those games where it’s harsh to blame anyone. Tired legs were showing at around 70th minute. We tried today. Brendan tried with his subs. Real kick in the teeth. Dust off. Ready for Wednesday.

.. the subs were the right personnel, Maddison out on the right made no sense!!!

Just when you are looking for creativity and we stuck him out of the way.

Barnes came on, but it seems everyone can read him now, as they drop 5 yards and look to show him down the line and all he wants to do is come back inside. Bring another play to help to cover him coming inside and he goes backwards as opposed to "take the race" down the line.

Unlike the positive substitutions of Thursday, he got this all wrong.

• Like 1

Recorded this match and just finished watching it and wish I didn’t. Absolute bottle jobs, not known a more frustrating season of losing last minute and throwing away results as this season. 

proves why Thomas doesn’t start, absolute rubbish, same with Soyoncu and Mendy. 

as for kasper Schmeichel I don’t want to see him near the first team next season. Can’t kick, can’t command his box and makes shocking errors. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. the subs were the right personnel, Maddison out on the right made no sense!!!

Just when you are looking for creativity and we stuck him out of the way.

Barnes came on, but it seems everyone can read him now, as they drop 5 yards and look to show him down the line and all he wants to do is come back inside. Bring another play to help to cover him coming inside and he goes backwards as opposed to "take the race" down the line.

Unlike the positive substitutions of Thursday, he got this all wrong.

I’m not saying they were the right subs. I’m just saying he tried with his subs. Personally, I would’ve taken Tielemans off for Maddison. I still would’ve gone with Barnes who is simply out of form. 

One game too many. 

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Time and time again the back paring of Cags and Amartey come undone. 

They’ve done okay as a pair, but they have major errors in there and consistency issues. Their lack of ability to read a game costs us dearly at times. 

Even though the likes of Soyuncu, Amartey and Thomas have done ok at times this season, now that we've actually finally been able to see our proper first choice defence of Ricardo-Fofana-Evans-Castagne in recent weeks, it has kind of made it all too obvious just how much better they are as both a unit and as individuals and just how much our season has been inhibited by having to play our second string defence for the large majority of it.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They’ve done okay as a pair, but they have major errors in there and consistency issues. Their lack of ability to read a game costs us dearly at times. 

Jeez. It's not Cags and Dan. It's 2 x full backs who aren't up to it right now

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Disagree. It's all 4. You watch Evans and Fofana and then compare them to Soyuncu and Amartey and it's like night and day, Evans and Fofana are so much calmer, better positionally and better composed. Our season has largely been shafted by having to play our entire second string defence for most of the season until recent weeks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Dan smashed an unnecessary long ball up field thus turning over possession and allowing Newcastle to have one last attempt. It’s all about game management, and it’s something neither of them are good at, and it costs us. They get by together, but the difference between a back two of Evans and Fofana > Cags and Dan, is just immense… Evans and Fofana are just a billion light years ahead, and it’s no surprise that out game management improved when they came back.

Edited by Pliskin

It was a truly bobbins performance. Lacking energy, motivation and anything else you want to mention. I was watching how unsympathetic all our passing was to each other. Balls constantly behind or level with the player. Nothing Infront for them to run on to or keep their momentum up. It was like my old man over 60s walking football. Bad form today lads. Newcastle were so average anything above standard would have won at a canter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

so it was their fault that kasper did not gather the ball or youri didnt take a yellow card for the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

Recorded this match and just finished watching it and wish I didn’t. Absolute bottle jobs, not known a more frustrating season of losing last minute and throwing away results as this season. 

proves why Thomas doesn’t start, absolute rubbish, same with Soyoncu and Mendy. 

as for kasper Schmeichel I don’t want to see him near the first team next season. Can’t kick, can’t command his box and makes shocking errors. 

Why wait until next season?

Surely if you think he's that bad you'd want him dropped for Roma and the rest of this season too?

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Dan smashed an unnecessary long ball up field thus turning over possession and allowing Newcastle to have one last attempt. It’s all about game management, and it’s something neither of them are good at, and it costs us. They get by together, but the difference between a back two of Evans and Fofana > Cags and Dan, is just immense… Evans and Fofana are just a billion light years ahead, and it’s no surprise that out game management improved when they came back.

Agree. Against Palace, KDH got possession and headed towards the corner flag and saw the last moments of the game out. Nacho was flapping his arms about wanting the ball, but KDH played it sensibly. 

If there was ever a time for Dan to play a bit of sideways / backy passing to bore the game out - it was today. Instead, he played hoofy long ball which stretched some very tired legs and exposed us to a counter.  IMHO, the rest of the team shouldn't have been put in that position in the 94th minute. Newcastle were turd in that 2nd half, and even needed a lucky deflection off Dan to gift them the winner. The celebrated like they had played a blinder. 

However, whilst its frustrating i'm really not too concerned about today. I always felt this might be one game too many after PSV, and you could see we were clearly trying to just get through the game. West Ham dropped points to Brentford after returning from Lyon last week. It happens - Thursday away games in Europe tend to lead to flat performances immediately after.  We have to be realistic that we are lacking depth in midfield to demand results immediately after games like PSV away. 

I still think our 1st choice 11 is capable of getting results against most teams we have left to play this season. The question is how many times are we going to see that 1st 11 before the Roma game? I think Brendan is going to have to go strong for Everton, and weaker for Villa.

And i class Lookman at 1st choice. Harvey needs to play himself back into the 1st 11.

• Like 1

Today told us what we all already knew....replace the back 4....start Maddison....have a fit Vardy up front and we are a completely different animal.

I'm not necessarily having a go at the likes of Dan, Cags, Thomas and Daka but the fact is without our big stars we are just a mid table team.....with them we are so much more

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

so it was their fault that kasper did not gather the ball or youri didnt take a yellow card for the team

Its the bigger picture....the whole 90 minutes.....players making mistakes and Wes and Evans covering for them....the confidence they give to the players in front of them....the patterns of play and how and where they win the ball....its not isolated moments

• Like 1

The different between our first team and second string XI is staggering.  We could challenge for europe with our first XI but are a bottom half team with our 2nd string.

Smash and grab by them, wont say it was luck as they created and took their chances and we didnt despite how much of the ball we had.

9 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Agree. Against Palace, KDH got possession and headed towards the corner flag and saw the last moments of the game out. Nacho was flapping his arms about wanting the ball, but KDH played it sensibly. 

If there was ever a time for Dan to play a bit of sideways / backy passing to bore the game out - it was today. Instead, he played hoofy long ball which stretched some very tired legs and exposed us to a counter.  IMHO, the rest of the team shouldn't have been put in that position in the 94th minute. Newcastle were turd in that 2nd half, and even needed a lucky deflection off Dan to gift them the winner. The celebrated like they had played a blinder. 

However, whilst its frustrating i'm really not too concerned about today. I always felt this might be one game too many after PSV, and you could see we were clearly trying to just get through the game. West Ham dropped points to Brentford after returning from Lyon last week. It happens - Thursday away games in Europe tend to lead to flat performances immediately after.  We have to be realistic that we are lacking depth in midfield to demand results immediately after games like PSV away. 

I still think our 1st choice 11 is capable of getting results against most teams we have left to play this season. The question is how many times are we going to see that 1st 11 before the Roma game? I think Brendan is going to have to go strong for Everton, and weaker for Villa.

And i class Lookman at 1st choice. Harvey needs to play himself back into the 1st 11.

We were crying out for the roll of the dice to be fair. It just came at the wrong time by the wrong player, should have been a minute or so before. By the time he played it they had a chance to organise at the back.

3 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I watched the whole game without sound in a boozer. 

We totally dominated most of the game, especially the second half.

Obviously l can't speak for the majority that watched with commentary, but did they make Newcastle out to be far better than they were ? 

To me, they were truly awful. 

Alao, no way were we 'dreadful', 'dull' or 'playing for a draw'. 

Really? We were dull as fick, coasting, but not interested in winning. I was there, it was like an end of season game.  From both teams, as bad as each other. No wonder 3pts separate us! 

57 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Whole heartedly agree.