Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

3 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Recorded this match and just finished watching it and wish I didn’t. Absolute bottle jobs, not known a more frustrating season of losing last minute and throwing away results as this season. 

proves why Thomas doesn’t start, absolute rubbish, same with Soyoncu and Mendy. 

as for kasper Schmeichel I don’t want to see him near the first team next season. Can’t kick, can’t command his box and makes shocking errors. 

That was my sentiment when I was 8 years old, though I didnt express it cus I refused to talk to anyone.

Anyone remember that bloke who used to sulk up a lamp post or was that just urban myth?

• Like 1

Well , another shit last 5 minutes, YOURI again involved, can’t believe he let the player just stroll passed him . Will be glad when he’s gone, he has produced nothing for ages . Daka I hate to say it put he is not premier league standard, in 80 minutes he done shit all . 

8 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Recorded this match and just finished watching it and wish I didn’t. Absolute bottle jobs, not known a more frustrating season of losing last minute and throwing away results as this season. 

proves why Thomas doesn’t start, absolute rubbish, same with Soyoncu and Mendy. 

as for kasper Schmeichel I don’t want to see him near the first team next season. Can’t kick, can’t command his box and makes shocking errors. 

At the mid-point of last season, Thomas was not even on the horizon. Injuries forced Rodgers to select him and he saw us through the rest of that season, playing above and beyond what anyone could have expected of him.

He's made way because a number of his seniors are fit again, but he's done City proud in the meantime. 

So, to read your mardy drivel about him and Schmeichel, Mendy and Söyüncü  not delivering what you wanted for Christmas (or your birthday), just makes losing to this lucky bunch of b'stards all the more painful.

Rodgers fielded a substitute team intentionally and they still outplayed Newcastle. Their first goal was flukey and the second oh so very fortuitous. 

There were some tired legs out there yesterday - not surprising considering the season we've endured.

Rodgers knows there's nothing left to play for in the league so he's resting players for this European Conference cup. This is the result of not fielding your strongest team.

And, if your looking for a player who's underperforming but still gets selected every game (The Perez Award) why not have a go at Tielemans. Schmeichel is twice the performer in comparison.

• Like 3

The fanfare and adulation Sky were giving out post game was nauseating, they're loving their new oil money club they can make money off speculating on transfers and writing nonsense news articles about. Considering I missed Newc's previous boisterous stage in the 90s I've always seen their fans as solid & dedicated ... the hatred of Bruce & Ashley was abit weird, they weren't pushed to their full potential but they had good players, spent money and spent only 2 of their seasons out of the Prem ... media definitely drove some hatred up there in 'em.

Anyway, after sleeping on it I think our midfield is *****ng knackered, Tielemans & KDH can't play twice a week for 2 months at this level. We need to rotate somehow, prioritise either League or Europe and accept some of the dings on the way, as long as a have a goal to see this season out.

Getting Vardy back would be super too.

• Like 2

It does stick in the throat the way sky swoon around the big clubs particularly when they have an influx of dirty money. 
I am still disappointed too but more mellow and reflective of what happened. After watching it again last night it doesn’t look too much better. With so much possession we really didn’t create enough and the last minute goal we needed players to track back better and show more desire to defend. 
However it is towards the end of a long gruelling season and it was a warm day. I doubt even if we had put out fresh legs like Hamza or anyone that they would have been any fresher at the end of the game. We do need to manage the last five minutes better but equally should have been out of touch by that time. Our depth of quality in midfield probably needs looking at as well as in attack. Focus all season has been on the defence. 
We were never going to win all our remaining matches but still lots to look forward to. Like a golfer learning to forget a missed point or a tennis player missing a volley we just have to put it behind us and look ahead to the next chance and forget this. 

44 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

The fanfare and adulation Sky were giving out post game was nauseating, they're loving their new oil money club they can make money off speculating on transfers and writing nonsense news articles about.

The juxtaposition at half time presenting the womens team to the crowd as they are set to play at St James in a couple of weeks. Football’s ethics really are ****ed. A Saudi backed Female football team which on their tracksuits had Ukraine support badges. We are far from perfect but gosh 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Interesting who gets critiqued on here, I would say the usually reliable Dan Amartey should have done better with both goals….and that was before Kasper got involved….

He’s not a top end Premier League defender. He’s one piece of the puzzle that has caused many of problems this season unfortunately. 

We’ve looked much better with Fofana / Evans. 

I’m not sure what on between Joelinton and Mendy for the 2nd goal? Was that looked at? 

Tielemans doesn’t bring him down near the halfway and take the tactical foul, as he still had plenty of cover behind him. In hindsight I can see why people would state he should. 

Amartey needs to close him down and stop the ball coming in. 

4 hours ago, gerblod said:

At the mid-point of last season, Thomas was not even on the horizon. Injuries forced Rodgers to select him and he saw us through the rest of that season, playing above and beyond what anyone could have expected of him.

He's made way because a number of his seniors are fit again, but he's done City proud in the meantime. 

So, to read your mardy drivel about him and Schmeichel, Mendy and Söyüncü  not delivering what you wanted for Christmas (or your birthday), just makes losing to this lucky bunch of b'stards all the more painful.

Rodgers fielded a substitute team intentionally and they still outplayed Newcastle. Their first goal was flukey and the second oh so very fortuitous. 

There were some tired legs out there yesterday - not surprising considering the season we've endured.

Rodgers knows there's nothing left to play for in the league so he's resting players for this European Conference cup. This is the result of not fielding your strongest team.

And, if your looking for a player who's underperforming but still gets selected every game (The Perez Award) why not have a go at Tielemans. Schmeichel is twice the performer in comparison.

I'd much rather see Alves playing than Tielemans.. give the lad a chance in the PL games (that are all pretty meaningless from now on in)...

Tielemans is finished here, he's gone in the summer and ever since refusing to sign a new contract his displays have been nothing short of shocking and half hearted.  He doesn't want to be here, and it shows.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Still in a bad mood 😒 

Me too. Irony is I thought I was quite relaxed about our remaining Prem matches. We will not trouble the top 7, nor 8 probably and well clear of the scrap at the bottom.

I watched it with my father in law and told him how chilled I am watching at the moment.

Cue fulltime: I'm storming about the house trying to describe to my uninterested wife the shambles of the last few seconds AGAIN, lamenting that our 12 year old grandsons team could have handled it better.

I then did my customary booting of the bean bag in our living room.

Boy, that bag has suffered this year.

But, honestly, I AM quite relaxed about it.

• Haha 2

By the way, what did people think of the first goal? I thought the ref disallowed it for Burn climbing rather than Kasper making a howler and then the screen said Kasper. 

Thought the ref was incredibly shaky and unsure of himself all game 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

By the way, what did people think of the first goal? I thought the ref disallowed it for Burn climbing rather than Kasper making a howler 

I thought he gave it for foul on Kasper (and still think that if that was Man City it would have stayed a foul). For one of the Sky six the foul on Amartey would have been given by VAR

I have seen some bits or phases of the game but man that Maxime guy is a pain in the ass with his running, dribbles and passes. And it's ****ing bizarre and  crazy that Newcastle can score overtime I wasn't expecting this. 

Wasn't there's a study about more than  thousand matches or more than 10 years of game analyses that teams who played 2 or three days before have a chance of 40% less of winning after the second half or something?

Therefore I wonder if football is not somewhat getting ruined by fitness planning issues nowadays. Trainers are substituting players because they are afraid they get tired for the next match or the one they are playing. So I might be a bit exaggerating but it looks like you need two different teams to get trough the games and I think this is not a very charming side of football. 

But I hope Leicester will have more spirit next time it happens that they have less time resting.

Yesterday while nobody was expecting a PSV win I spoke to a lot of fans and people and they all thought Ajax would win because PSV played against you guys last Thursday. Me and others where annoyed by the fact that the Dutch national soccer bond didn't choose a different date for the cup final or didn't move that. Its not fair that Ajax gets a lot of rest towards a cup final and PSV is battling to be fit. 

But we still managed to dominate Ajax and won the game.  

I hope it's a little motivation and  you win against Roma in the next round and i love to see Mourinho lose to because I cant stand his arrogance. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I thought he gave it for foul on Kasper (and still think that if that was Man City it would have stayed a foul). For one of the Sky six the foul on Amartey would have been given by VAR

Watched it back a few days from the footage on match of the day and don't think there is enough in it for a foul on Amartey or at least for VAR to overrule it. If anything Amartey started to back into Burns after he jumped which then made it difficult for Amartey to jump himself

15 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Understand they were pleased to win a match with a late goal but betrays a somewhat small club mentality to celebrate as if they won a cup or some honour

If I was the manager...I would be telling/asking..what the hell have they got to celebrate like this..!! Their own bad play got them there in the first place..Concentrate & celebrate at the end of the season...

I mean FFS...!!

• Like 1