Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If I was the manager...I would be telling/asking..what the hell have they got to celebrate like this..!! Their own bad play got them there in the first place..Concentrate & celebrate at the end of the season...

I mean FFS...!!

You should always celebrate when you manage to beat one of the big teams and hit above your weight. - Hence their celebrations!!

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Well , another shit last 5 minutes, YOURI again involved, can’t believe he let the player just stroll passed him . Will be glad when he’s gone, he has produced nothing for ages . Daka I hate to say it put he is not premier league standard, in 80 minutes he done shit all . 

Yes Tielemans laxidasical mishaps,not really mistakes, but just poor play play for a clever, eye for the ball player...& on that 2nd goal I can't blame the CBs,they were left high & dry by their own..!!

I actually don't think we were that bad,we put some good moves together,

but midfield & forwards between them couldn't get by that 2nd line of their own movement, and again a few shots were blocked..hence no marked up chance...

Newcastle in their first 20 minutes also decided to take long range pots...

Our now called 2nd string have played better these last 6 weeks,and after the result in midweek, should of been more up for it, and with more bite..

And that is I think is what frustrates the fans, it shows unwittingly from our perspective some lack of desire,when it should be more..They do owe the fans more, 1 excellent result doesn't mean one has earnt more points..

And Rodgers/any manager should not let them get away with it..!!

He should show his team & fans he is disappointed with the lack of concentration & question full game commitment in front of the cameras..

Early season..until ca Xmas he can defend the the team & players...not now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Its the bigger picture....the whole 90 minutes.....players making mistakes and Wes and Evans covering for them....the confidence they give to the players in front of them....the patterns of play and how and where they win the ball....its not isolated moments

i know fofana is different class and evans is next best but it was not amarteys and cags fault today , and to single them out is just typical of some people on the forum, we had so much possession 69% which we could not convert into decent chances it was not like their goalie had a blinder , a very fortunate first goal for newcastle and the winner could both have been avoided but to but the blame on amartey and cags unbelievable

• Like 4

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People on Thomas back when Justin decides to wonder 70 yards out of position with 5 seconds to go to chance a long punt 

I thought Justin was one of our worst players, actually, though Tielemans seems to have a monopoly on that lately.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

I'd to miss the last 25 minutes of the game as I'd to walk to Cork's ground for the hurling at 4. Worked out well!! Limerick winning that made it easier to stomach the Leicester result.

I wouldn't be losing sleep over yesterdays result. We won 5 games on the trot at the House Of Ashley so that was bound to end at some point. The crunch games were played out over the last 4 to 5 weeks and we have a ECL semi final to focus on now.

Other than 2018 the league is kind of petering out for us which hasnt happened all that often since Pearsons second coming.

Obviously you'd take a win yesterdaty but as long as we are primed for Europe I'll get over it.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

By the way, what did people think of the first goal? I thought the ref disallowed it for Burn climbing rather than Kasper making a howler and then the screen said Kasper. 

Thought the ref was incredibly shaky and unsure of himself all game 

Someone said he armed it. On TV we didnt get close ups but being there you might have had a good mental imprint or where you impaired?

Thats you mate, excesses of whacky backy and newcy brown over 4 days?

Also interested in what you did for a night 20 minutes outside of Newcastle? Thats either Scotland or Sunderland aint it?

1 minute ago, He aint bald said:

Someone said he armed it. On TV we didnt get close ups but being there you might have had a good mental imprint or where you impaired?

Thats you mate, excesses of whacky backy and newcy brown over 4 days?

Also interested in what you did for a night 20 minutes outside of Newcastle? Thats either Scotland or Sunderland aint it?

Stayed in Tynemouth on the coast with family. Had it booked months (a covid cancellation booking) before we got drawn to Eindhoven. So had to hatch a plan which did both! 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Some including Rodgers have blamed Amartey for kicking long to Justin to try to find the winner. I don’t blame him at all. We need to try. The question is why did we not show any urgency to try to find the winner, again. Why did we have to wait for Amartey or Soyuncu to send those long balls forward because our midfield refuse to play forward. Thomas was guilty of keep sending it backwards. Tielemans - he was definitely keen to send it backwards. Justin kept losing the ball. We should not have to wait for those long balls from our CBs. With half a min left, I don’t blame them for trying to send the ball forward.

What I am disappointed is the defence. We did well during the whole game - we lacked concentration at the end.

Anyway, a day on, I am still somewhat bitter at the lack of trying. Not for losing at the end (which was hard to take of course but I can get over that).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

Why is Justin even galloping down the right wing in injury time if he's not looking for Dan to send it long? That's on JJ imho. And instead of keeping the defender pinned in the corner JJ allows the defender to turn him too easily and all of a sudden Newcastle are counter attacking into the space Justin has vacated. Hate to say but JJ hasn't been particularly good since returning from injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why is Justin even galloping down the right wing in injury time if he's not looking for Dan to send it long? That's on JJ imho. And instead of keeping the defender pinned in the corner JJ allows the defender to turn him too easily and all of a sudden Newcastle are counter attacking into the space Justin has vacated. Hate to say but JJ hasn't been particularly good since returning from injury.

With seconds to go we  should play the percentages and not send it long unless we can get it in their corner

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd to miss the last 25 minutes of the game as I'd to walk to Cork's ground for the hurling at 4. Worked out well!! Limerick winning that made it easier to stomach the Leicester result.

I wouldn't be losing sleep over yesterdays result. We won 5 games on the trot at the House Of Ashley so that was bound to end at some point. The crunch games were played out over the last 4 to 5 weeks and we have a ECL semi final to focus on now.

Other than 2018 the league is kind of petering out for us which hasnt happened all that often since Pearsons second coming.

Obviously you'd take a win yesterdaty but as long as we are primed for Europe I'll get over it.

There’s a lot riding on the European outcome if we slump down the league by coughing up points to dog crap sides like  Newcastle , Everton and Villa so let’s not put too much pressure on 

Newcastle fans who have read the comments by Leicster fans are hugely amused, and shaking their heads.

From our view of the game, a very talented and well drilled Leicester controlled much of the game. Possession isn't everything though. In fact it's nothing.

Arsenal used to be praised to the heavens by the ever so biased (so called) "National" media for defending for most of the game and winning 1-0 usually by an Ian Wright goal

It all depends who are the team with the winning goal to them as we have found every bloody season from the vile hypocrites

But that first goal by Bruno. If you don't like the rules of the game follow some garbage sport like basketball. About time VAR got it right. They've cost us a dozen points at least this season.

The 2nd was about as far from a "fluke" goal as you can get. Targett won the ball well, a superb run by Willock, and a 40 yard dash by Bruno and superb diving header.

If it had been a Leicester winner, you'd be remembering it fondly for years.

And whats with the spite against Rogers ????? We had a truly abysmal manager and we were "deluded" for wanting him and his paymaster out - relegation battles every year appalling football and yet somehow we shouldn't want better - yet everyone else, let alone top 6 are quite right to demand EXACTLY THE SAME

You've got a very talented bunch. Good football. Good reserves. Winning things.Last domestic thing we won was nigh on 70 years ago. every team of a similar size has won something often often. Yet the media attacks us inceassantly. The REAL reason for the shrieking about Saudis from national journa;lists was it wasn't one of THEIR teams.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

By the way, what did people think of the first goal? I thought the ref disallowed it for Burn climbing rather than Kasper making a howler and then the screen said Kasper. 

Thought the ref was incredibly shaky and unsure of himself all game 

I reckon Burn himself thought he was being penalised for climbing, after he'd done it he seemed to turn away from the goal before the ball went in. 

25 minutes ago, PhilK said:

Newcastle fans who have read the comments by Leicster fans are hugely amused, and shaking their heads.

From our view of the game, a very talented and well drilled Leicester controlled much of the game. Possession isn't everything though. In fact it's nothing.

Arsenal used to be praised to the heavens by the ever so biased (so called) "National" media for defending for most of the game and winning 1-0 usually by an Ian Wright goal

It all depends who are the team with the winning goal to them as we have found every bloody season from the vile hypocrites

But that first goal by Bruno. If you don't like the rules of the game follow some garbage sport like basketball. About time VAR got it right. They've cost us a dozen points at least this season.

The 2nd was about as far from a "fluke" goal as you can get. Targett won the ball well, a superb run by Willock, and a 40 yard dash by Bruno and superb diving header.

If it had been a Leicester winner, you'd be remembering it fondly for years.

And whats with the spite against Rogers ????? We had a truly abysmal manager and we were "deluded" for wanting him and his paymaster out - relegation battles every year appalling football and yet somehow we shouldn't want better - yet everyone else, let alone top 6 are quite right to demand EXACTLY THE SAME

You've got a very talented bunch. Good football. Good reserves. Winning things.Last domestic thing we won was nigh on 70 years ago. every team of a similar size has won something often often. Yet the media attacks us inceassantly. The REAL reason for the shrieking about Saudis from national journa;lists was it wasn't one of THEIR teams.

Didn’t ask tbf 

11 minutes ago, ttfn said:

No I think the real reason for the “shrieking” was the human rights abuses and the laughable insistence that PIF is somehow independent from the Saudi state.

Trying to make the utterly abnormal into normal by buying a football club . Well it worked for Russian gangsters for longer than I thought it would 

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Some including Rodgers have blamed Amartey for kicking long to Justin to try to find the winner. I don’t blame him at all. We need to try. The question is why did we not show any urgency to try to find the winner, again. Why did we have to wait for Amartey or Soyuncu to send those long balls forward because our midfield refuse to play forward. Thomas was guilty of keep sending it backwards. Tielemans - he was definitely keen to send it backwards. Justin kept losing the ball. We should not have to wait for those long balls from our CBs. With half a min left, I don’t blame them for trying to send the ball forward.

What I am disappointed it the defence. We did well during the whole game - we lacked concentration.

Anyway, a day on, I am still somewhat bitter at the lack of trying. Not for losing at the end (which was hard to take of course but I can get over that).

Totally agree with that. Regardless of the team you put out, against such a side near the bottom you should be trying to win not just try to not lose halfway through the second half. 

To constantly play side to side and backwards invites pressure and gives confidence to the opposition. The odd ball over the top surely mixes it up, puts doubt in the minds of the opposition and may even catch them off guard. Rodgers merely hides behind the cliche 'game management', he'd have us 'managing' the game from the start if he could.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Trying to make the utterly abnormal into normal by buying a football club . Well it worked for Russian gangsters for longer than I thought it would 

Wouldn’t even bother mate. They’re so deluded up there they could have been bought by the devil and you’d be seeing horns on heads in the away end the week after.

All of it under the guise of “wanting to see the team try”. Absolute bollocks when you see how Chelsea fans have reacted to potential ownership by accused racists. Newcastle fans let a regime waltz on in because they want to see the return of what? Because the fans supposedly ‘deserve’ better? 

Sell out weirdos.