Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Wouldn’t even bother mate. They’re so deluded up there they could have been bought by the devil and you’d be seeing horns on heads in the away end the week after.

All of it under the guise of “wanting to see the team try”. Absolute bollocks when you see how Chelsea fans have reacted to potential ownership by accused racists. Newcastle fans let a regime waltz on in because they want to see the return of what? Because the fans supposedly ‘deserve’ better? 

Sell out weirdos.

Because our owners are squeaky clean arent they? Also if we had Mike Ashley as our owner and their now owners wanted to buy us then most fans would be begging for Saudi money lets be honest.

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Because our owners are squeaky clean arent they? Also if we had Mike Ashley as our owner and their now owners wanted to buy us then most fans would be begging for Saudi money lets be honest.

Nah you’re alright. Some cozy relationships with figures in power to get a monopoly is not really the same as being used to ‘sports wash’ to detract from your terrible human rights record.

You’re obviously right that many would go for it though, as you’ve seen with the Newcastle fans lapping it up.

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People on Thomas back when Justin decides to wonder 70 yards out of position with 5 seconds to go to chance a long punt 

Justin had been in that position for 20 odd minutes. Im sure youre aware of that though being so attuned to brednans tactical prowess :D

39 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I disagree entirely, sorry

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Stayed in Tynemouth on the coast with family. Had it booked months (a covid cancellation booking) before we got drawn to Eindhoven. So had to hatch a plan which did both! 

We were in North Shields. 

Lovely place,disappointing result and a pretty shit 6 hour drive back today after a great morning on Tynemouth beach

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Nah you’re alright. Some cozy relationships with figures in power to get a monopoly is not really the same as being used to ‘sports wash’ to detract from your terrible human rights record.

You’re obviously right that many would go for it though, as you’ve seen with the Newcastle fans lapping it up.

What ? You can’t call the moral high ground when those who give you that monopoly have a contentious HR record. It’s literally the meaning of turning a blind eye for your benefit. 

I don’t think there are any footballs fans with super rich owners who can claim that moral high ground. We are all lapping it up while our teams do well. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What ? You can’t call the moral high ground when those who give you that monopoly have a contentious HR record. It’s literally the meaning of turning a blind eye for your benefit. 

I don’t think there are any footballs fans with super rich owners who can claim that moral high ground. We are all lapping it up while our teams do well. 

If you want to find something bad you’ll find it, even if it goes beyond the people itself to knowing people, like you’ve mentioned.

The difference is, while I’m sure there is an element of PR for King Power, they don’t own us just for that. Saudi PIF only own Newcastle because they want to show how great, forward thinking, people they are and try to get people to forget some of the other stuff like murdering people and bombing Yemen. 

The only thing King Power has come close to while at Leicester was the stuff with the celebration of the former king which never really sat right. But the club wasn’t bought to promote him and get people to forget the lack of free speech in Thailand. 

9 hours ago, PhilK said:

Newcastle fans who have read the comments by Leicster fans are hugely amused, and shaking their heads.

From our view of the game, a very talented and well drilled Leicester controlled much of the game. Possession isn't everything though. In fact it's nothing.

Arsenal used to be praised to the heavens by the ever so biased (so called) "National" media for defending for most of the game and winning 1-0 usually by an Ian Wright goal

It all depends who are the team with the winning goal to them as we have found every bloody season from the vile hypocrites

But that first goal by Bruno. If you don't like the rules of the game follow some garbage sport like basketball. About time VAR got it right. They've cost us a dozen points at least this season.

The 2nd was about as far from a "fluke" goal as you can get. Targett won the ball well, a superb run by Willock, and a 40 yard dash by Bruno and superb diving header.

If it had been a Leicester winner, you'd be remembering it fondly for years.

And whats with the spite against Rogers ????? We had a truly abysmal manager and we were "deluded" for wanting him and his paymaster out - relegation battles every year appalling football and yet somehow we shouldn't want better - yet everyone else, let alone top 6 are quite right to demand EXACTLY THE SAME

You've got a very talented bunch. Good football. Good reserves. Winning things.Last domestic thing we won was nigh on 70 years ago. every team of a similar size has won something often often. Yet the media attacks us inceassantly. The REAL reason for the shrieking about Saudis from national journa;lists was it wasn't one of THEIR teams.

I’m amazed you thought any of that was worth sharing. 

Glad you have a goal from a meaningless game to remember for years, I’ll watch highlights from the FA Cup final on my way to Rome next month. 

Oh, and the REAL reason people are shrieking about the Saudi takeover has nothing to do with the countless atrocities your new owners commit. Right. 

• Like 2

.like RIC flair im philosophical about the result...whats frustrating is that we were all over them for large parts...the way we play through the thirds was immeasurably easier on the eye than the toon but it's finding the recipe to convert on that dominance...for me that recipe must include a large pinch of patience with daka...not just the player himself but the team linking with him...we waited 2 years for nacho to work

• Like 1

10 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

If you want to find something bad you’ll find it, even if it goes beyond the people itself to knowing people, like you’ve mentioned.

The difference is, while I’m sure there is an element of PR for King Power, they don’t own us just for that. Saudi PIF only own Newcastle because they want to show how great, forward thinking, people they are and try to get people to forget some of the other stuff like murdering people and bombing Yemen. 

The only thing King Power has come close to while at Leicester was the stuff with the celebration of the former king which never really sat right. But the club wasn’t bought to promote him and get people to forget the lack of free speech in Thailand. 

We will agree to disagree mate. 

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 08:40, Free Falling Foxes said:

Me too. Irony is I thought I was quite relaxed about our remaining Prem matches. We will not trouble the top 7, nor 8 probably and well clear of the scrap at the bottom.

I watched it with my father in law and told him how chilled I am watching at the moment.

Cue fulltime: I'm storming about the house trying to describe to my uninterested wife the shambles of the last few seconds AGAIN, lamenting that our 12 year old grandsons team could have handled it better.

I then did my customary booting of the bean bag in our living room.

Boy, that bag has suffered this year.

But, honestly, I AM quite relaxed about it.

I agree... 😆 that's me.... 💯 😆 and then I sit thru forest last night aghhhh 

(Wife and 10yo son sit on the fence...they didn't give a poo last season) don't...just don't.... glory supporters....

Hate them both

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Webbo said:

This thread has the same number of pages in 2 days than our historic win in Europe got in 5?

And brendan rodgers got more pages after Newcastle than PSV. Some people love misery.

59 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And brendan rodgers got more pages after Newcastle than PSV. Some people love misery.

I know I'm as guilty as anyone this season for going over the top about things but I do find the uproar from this weekends defeat an overreaction.

If Rodgers is going to be questioned after every defeat when our fans are demanding we prioritise Europe, rotate to protect our vulnerable players and go from raving about our much changed team only a week ago vs Palace to saying they're not good enough a week later then some of us will never ever be content and happy following Leicester. What do people expect?

We've improved significantly since late Feb, we've defended better for the majority of the time, set pieces have got better both defending and attacking, the handling of players seems to be more of a priority and we've returned to a high press style where possible. Overall I'm much happier than a few months ago when I think we had every right to be unhappy. Right now I think Rodgers has proven he is the right man to continue to take us forward, that doesn't mean we don't have massive improvements to make.

Our away form is a concern, what's driving that? Maddison needs to be deployed in his best position, so if we are sticking with 4-3-3 then Tielemans is the one who has to drop out I'm afraid. Daka needs something, whether it's the charm offensive of Brendan and his team to boost his confidence and all round play or we need to tailor the team better to suit his strengths which is getting the ball to him to run on to, but whatever it is the current plan isn't working for him and us.

If we follow up tomorrow with another defeat then obviously the possibility of us being on the beach in the league increases and the worry that then adversely effects the overall form and momentum for Europe too but it was one game that we shouldn't have lost so chill out you fannies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know I'm as guilty as anyone this season for going over the top about things but I do find the uproar from this weekends defeat an overreaction.

If Rodgers is going to be questioned after every defeat when our fans are demanding we prioritise Europe, rotate to protect our vulnerable players and go from raving about our much changed team only a week ago vs Palace to saying they're not good enough a week later then some of us will never ever be content and happy following Leicester. What do people expect?

We've improved significantly since late Feb, we've defended better for the majority of the time, set pieces have got better both defending and attacking, the handling of players seems to be more of a priority and we've returned to a high press style where possible. Overall I'm much happier than a few months ago when I think we had every right to be unhappy. Right now I think Rodgers has proven he is the right man to continue to take us forward, that doesn't mean we don't have massive improvements to make.

Our away form is a concern, what's driving that? Maddison needs to be deployed in his best position, so if we are sticking with 4-3-3 then Tielemans is the one who has to drop out I'm afraid. Daka needs something, whether it's the charm offensive of Brendan and his team to boost his confidence and all round play or we need to tailor the team better to suit his strengths which is getting the ball to him to run on to, but whatever it is the current plan isn't working for him and us.

If we follow up tomorrow with another defeat then obviously the possibility of us being on the beach in the league increases and the worry that then adversely effects the overall form and momentum for Europe too but it was one game that we shouldn't have lost so chill out you fannies.

As long as we keep 4 at the back we should be able to switch from 4.3.3 to 4.2.3.1 or 4.4.2 diamond. Daka looks a different player when Iheanacho is on, he put the ball through for Daka's big chance Sunday.

I must have seen a different match to most. I thought we were reasonable without creating a lot. Sometimes it happens, I don't get all this Newcastle played well. Gift of a first goal, how many teams will let you score like that? Second was a really good counter but they got very lucky with the deflection on the cross that could have gone anywhere.

On 18/04/2022 at 08:26, Sly said:

He’s not a top end Premier League defender. He’s one piece of the puzzle that has caused many of problems this season unfortunately. 

We’ve looked much better with Fofana / Evans. 

...yeah agree that we do look better with these two, but it wasn't so long ago people were praising him for standing up an taking charge of the centre pairing at the back!!!

Pretty short memories here and what ever went before, the first goal was a calamity by our Keeper. 

Trying to be proactive in a game with your Fullback on the backline of the oppositions defence, looking to get behind to fashion an opportunity is not going to be something to use to beat Amartey with. Justin choosing not to get goalside and trying to stop the ball going out of play, is what we need to take a look at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yeah agree that we do look better with these two, but it wasn't so long ago people were praising him for standing up an taking charge of the centre pairing at the back!!!

Pretty short memories here and what ever went before, the first goal was a calamity by our Keeper. 

Trying to be proactive in a game with your Fullback on the backline of the oppositions defence, looking to get behind to fashion an opportunity is not going to be something to use to beat Amartey with. Justin choosing not to get goalside and trying to stop the ball going out of play, is what we need to take a look at.

Without a doubt, Kasper should have dealt with it. Brain fart moment.

I’m not Amarteys biggest fan though, so I’ll never judge him in the same light some did earlier in the season. Kasper has been a great servant to us, I wouldn’t stand in his way if we could potentially get an all round GK. We’ll do well to improve on shot stopping. 

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Btw wasn't particularly fussed leaving the ground but seeing Newcastle supporters scream in the faces of Leicester shirted supporters pissed me off. Particularly given one of the pairs who received it was a bloke in his late 60s 

You shouldn't judge any fan base, by the actions of a minority.  The trouble is ... we all do, as what else have you got to go on?

Some places you go, you never get any grief or hassle.   And other places, there are simply more idiots, and the chances are higher that someone will be in your face by the end of the day.

In the pecking order of deluded arrogance, I'd have to put Newcastle in the play-off zone, but still well behind Villa ... who are way out in front, in a league of their own.

I've been Newcastle quite a few times and only really had grief the first time I went there in the late 70's.  I've had no issues since, and I don't hold that one dodgy day-out against them.   It was part and parcel of the game at the time.

I have to admit to having a grudging respect for the likes of Newcastle, Leeds and Millwall ... in that on their day, they can be horribly obnoxious fans, but that can really make some noise and generate one hell of an atmosphere.   

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 14:29, PhilK said:

Newcastle fans who have read the comments by Leicster fans are hugely amused, and shaking their heads.

From our view of the game, a very talented and well drilled Leicester controlled much of the game. Possession isn't everything though. In fact it's nothing.

Arsenal used to be praised to the heavens by the ever so biased (so called) "National" media for defending for most of the game and winning 1-0 usually by an Ian Wright goal

It all depends who are the team with the winning goal to them as we have found every bloody season from the vile hypocrites

But that first goal by Bruno. If you don't like the rules of the game follow some garbage sport like basketball. About time VAR got it right. They've cost us a dozen points at least this season.

The 2nd was about as far from a "fluke" goal as you can get. Targett won the ball well, a superb run by Willock, and a 40 yard dash by Bruno and superb diving header.

If it had been a Leicester winner, you'd be remembering it fondly for years.

And whats with the spite against Rogers ????? We had a truly abysmal manager and we were "deluded" for wanting him and his paymaster out - relegation battles every year appalling football and yet somehow we shouldn't want better - yet everyone else, let alone top 6 are quite right to demand EXACTLY THE SAME

You've got a very talented bunch. Good football. Good reserves. Winning things.Last domestic thing we won was nigh on 70 years ago. every team of a similar size has won something often often. Yet the media attacks us inceassantly. The REAL reason for the shrieking about Saudis from national journa;lists was it wasn't one of THEIR teams.

What they been putting in your brown ale pal