Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Btw wasn't particularly fussed leaving the ground but seeing Newcastle supporters scream in the faces of Leicester shirted supporters pissed me off. Particularly given one of the pairs who received it was a bloke in his late 60s 

Not sure if you are referring to Myself and my Son but must say I’m early 60’s but probably look older. As we got nothing but grief and abuse shouted at in our faces from Newcastle fans as we walked from the ground back into the centre to our hotel we had stayed at Saturday night. Anyone would think they had just won the cup or something.

3 hours ago, Lincs sam said:

Not sure if you are referring to Myself and my Son but must say I’m early 60’s but probably look older. As we got nothing but grief and abuse shouted at in our faces from Newcastle fans as we walked from the ground back into the centre to our hotel we had stayed at Saturday night. Anyone would think they had just won the cup or something.

Me and my cousin stayed at Gosforth park racecourse on the Saturday and the “Toon army” were great before the game all wishing us well and enjoying a beer and even after the game they were decent in majority (obviously ecstatic with their win) we had a few clowns trying to goad us as we walked up to the bus station by chanting Bruno and trying to video themselves winding us up but all clubs have those sort of fans. It was the first time we’d been to St James’ and the atmosphere was nowhere near what we expected their fans were silent for the majority of the game the flag tifo at the beginning and the last minute goal being the exceptions, genuinely thought that they were amongst the best fans around given their away fans don’t shut up despite losing 4 or 5 nil to us but the home crowd were as bad as we are at the KP. 

31 minutes ago, TheStig said:

4 days after the match I am still fuming at that loss. Terrible:@

Absolutely as there was no need to throw the game away. I knew after about 20 minutes the only way we would lose the game was if we shot ourselves in the foot as they'd create nothing. 

In the 2nd minute of injury time we had a corner and should have been all over the possibility of getting a winner. 

Newcastle were utter shite and we slowly descended to their level. 

We need to show much more desire to win these games. 

7 hours ago, Lee Monty said:

Me and my cousin stayed at Gosforth park racecourse on the Saturday and the “Toon army” were great before the game all wishing us well and enjoying a beer and even after the game they were decent in majority (obviously ecstatic with their win) we had a few clowns trying to goad us as we walked up to the bus station by chanting Bruno and trying to video themselves winding us up but all clubs have those sort of fans. It was the first time we’d been to St James’ and the atmosphere was nowhere near what we expected their fans were silent for the majority of the game the flag tifo at the beginning and the last minute goal being the exceptions, genuinely thought that they were amongst the best fans around given their away fans don’t shut up despite losing 4 or 5 nil to us but the home crowd were as bad as we are at the KP. 

...it was very very quite on the TV!!!

Once or twice you could hear the Leicester fans singing, but during the game you could hear a pin drop. I thought  it might have been to do with the outside broadcast and the way the microphones were set up.

I think, right now, home crowds are poor on the whole. It's rare that atmosphere is electric throughout. Newcastle right now are a side with a few decent players but some pretty limited players too. Right now we have to drag better teams down to our level, which inevitably leads to a really disrupted game and one where Newcastle don't see a lot of the ball. Not a lot to cheer about, really. 

Wor Flags and the celebrations/atmosphere at the end were great though.

Guest Col city fan

I’d imagine being a Newcastle fan right now is a very exciting time. 
I like Newcastle, used to be at Uni near there and it’s a great City with great people.

Theyve lived in the doldrums for ages, having to suffer owners like Ashleigh, yet still get a huge following and especially away from home

I hope they see some success personally. Not for the new owners but for the geordie faithful who really are some of the most loyal football fans in the world 

Haddaway n shite (ya bastads)

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d imagine being a Newcastle fan right now is a very exciting time. 
I like Newcastle, used to be at Uni near there and it’s a great City with great people.

Theyve lived in the doldrums for ages, having to suffer owners like Ashleigh, yet still get a huge following and especially away from home

I hope they see some success personally. Not for the new owners but for the geordie faithful who really are some of the most loyal football fans in the world 

Haddaway n shite (ya bastads)

It is exciting, tempered with the uncomfortable truth. 

The hope is that the owners will encourage an organic growth where the team remains part of the region, and not just a Galatico-type entity that sits in our home town but separate from it. The sad reality is that we'll inevitably become like Man City. Where lads from Byker can't afford tickets because they've been bought up by tourists and Event companies. 

But yeah, we've now got the kind of wealth that means a trophy drought might soon end. A drought that has seen lads born, go through school, get married, have kids,  and now have have their eyes on retirement, without seeing the team lift a domestic trophy.

If we can take some pages from the Man City Group playbook, some from Liverpool and some from teams like yourself etc. that'd be ****ing great. 

• Like 1