Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

Just now, KFS said:

He was cojoled off everything and meant we couldn’t be as positive down the left as we should. Wasn’t talking about just defending. He’s got to grow into his body which he will

do which is why I’m not worried. Just saying - today wasn’t good

I don't think he was bullied just as a team we were so sloppy, Mendy and KDH normally so crisp with their passing and Lookman doesn't go in behind like Barnes does so that congests the space too

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Lookman and KDH were the only ones who can say they played decent football. Poor decision to get Lookman off.

Disagree, both were just as bad as everyone else. KDH constantly gave the ball away and waddled around in the middle of the park.

Lookman was probably the worst player on the pitch until he got taken off in the second half. Must have stopped dead 4 or 5 really promising chances by walking into opponents or falling over himself in the first 10mins of the 2nd half alone.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nathan. said:

Tielemans needs dropping.

Does he really think he’s getting his big move playing like that.

This is the baffling thing. It's fairly obvious he's made up his mind not to stay but doesn't he realise that clubs will look at his form not his potential. 

When he gave up at Monaco we were the best he could do. If he were playing like we know he can then he's looking a strata above us. 

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

The more I watch Tielemans play, the less worried I am at the thought of him leaving.

I am becoming increasingly dubious about Daka too. Considering there were suggestions he would replace Vardy, I wouldn't be suprised to see him binned over the next season or two and put down as another duff signing.

If Vardy had been playing we'd have played a couple of balls over the top for him to run on to, we seemed reluctant to do that today, even though the ball was on a couple of times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Worst part for me is that, as dreadful as we were, I thought Newcastle were pathetic.

Two dreadful errors have got them 3 points they absolutely didn't deserve but then neither did we.

Awful game 

You’re so right. Losing that game shows how soft we are and it stems from our captain!

You maybe lose a game like that a couple times a season but we are making a habit of it. Team better not get soft against at the buisness end of the season.

Game was there for us and we gave it away!

Actually disgusting that Newcastle made zero attempt to win today and yet win because our players have literally given away 2 pathetic goals and our attackers have zero creativity. Absolutely raging we've lost to this shower of shit even if we have little to play for in the league  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

The more I watch Tielemans play, the less worried I am at the thought of him leaving.

I am becoming increasingly dubious about Daka too. Considering there were suggestions he would replace Vardy, I wouldn't be suprised to see him binned over the next season or two and put down as another duff signing.

Same he seems to have lost his way don’t know if it’s tiredness or his heads been turned to the move and just can’t be bothered to put a full shift In Now ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

We shouldn't be settling against teams like that though. They were there for the beating and we got precisely what we deserved. 

I didn't say they should have, just that it looked like we did. And,  yes, we paid the price.

Me, I'd have taken 1-1 as it was such a tedious game and, tbf, Newcastle have been good at home recently. 

Tbh, I wasn't expecting a win. Thursday was a heady night, even for those not playing, and today was back to the day job. I was expecting us to be at least a little flat and certainly for there to be some tired legs.

Newcastle celebrating like they won a cup final they are  a rank team to watch but we were just as bad today. Few players looked tired today and that can be expected kdh and youri need a rest go with nacho and daka next game can’t be any worse 

• Like 2

Poor from Tielemans at the end to let his man past him so easily but equally just as poor from Dewsbury-hall who spotted Guimaraes breaking but didn't match his run. 

We never looked like we wanted to win, the build up play was too slow and negative. At times we just need to play the ball a little bit earlier and try risky passes rather than constantly taking the safe option. 

I thought the Referee was decent today he allowed the play to flow throughout and let the players use their body strength to win the ball back. 

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

Can’t see many big European teams wanting to sign Youri after today. He was shocking. He’s so slow. 
However, the loss isn’t his fault.  Collectively we weren’t great - especially for the last 60mins of the game. 
Daka, for me, can’t play in that lone striker role - too nice, too linear, doesn’t have a pass, first touch isn’t great, rarely presses with any purpose. 
Big summer ahead to sort out the strength in depth. 

Just today? Hes had shocker after shocker and not just that he actually looks like he's not interested.

I laugh at these headlines of him being linked with the biggest clubs in the world. I can only assume its his agent trying to secure him a move to somewhere like Arsenal. 

After the FA Cup goal he earned immortal status with us but he's done everything he can to undo that this season. The forest game was unforgivable from him too.

• Like 2