Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Newcastle post match

Good footballers don’t just have great ability, but the right mentality. That we have thrown so many games away in the latter stages this season can’t be coincidence. We also make far too many individual errors.

There are one or two for me who will never be quite good enough for that reason - and perhaps one or two more that need to improve consistently in terms of taking charge of a game 

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

Mendy was shit!

if he’s not average he’s garbage 

What are you expecting of Mendy? :dunno:

He broke up the play, won the ball back and kept possesion of the ball well. He changes the direction of the play with short simple passes. I would imagine that's all Rodgers would be asking of him before the match. 

In my opinion he didn't do too much wrong today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Why didn't we just see it out for the draw, it's so LCFC to lose in the last seconds of the game, Newcastle were bad, but youd think we would know better by now.

massive lack of game management, I actually think going a goal down helped us on Thursday as we had to go for it, all the eggs in the Europa Conference basket now.

Well that was ****ing shite, individual errors costing us again.

Youri needs to take a rest, worst player on the pitch today done nothing apart from give the ball away.

Surely the ref should be blowing up when the injury time reaches 4 minutes not letting them play on for 20 seconds. 

All round shit, thought Thomas had a poor game as well still along way to go for him, Amartey looked nervous on the ball every time he got it.

Same story all season in the league.. ECL is all we got to play for really.

Edited by whoareyaaa

What a load of wank.

I wasn't this angry at the forest humbling, they were clearly better than us that day but we dominated a crap newcastle that second half but spazed out everytime we approached the final third.

The backwards sideways passing when we just don't have anything forwards to aim at is rage inducing.

Feel there'd be a lot of back patting in the changing room after getting a point but got what we deserved.

I'll calm down in a bit but for now they can all FOAD:@

• Like 2

Trying to keep momentum going but fell back into old habits, simple goal conceded from a corner, total embarrassment Kasper was beaten by a player kicking out at the ball 3 or 4 times… then lose the game in the last minute after trying to not win the game all half… pathetic. 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Of all the stupid things to say this is probably top of the pile. Why is it unless he controls the game on his own he gets absolutley slated. KDH was pure shite today and not a word. Put some responsibility on the others. 

When he does actually go my god you're in for a shock of the dross we'll be putting up with.

have you watched leicester recently? KDH by far is our best player on that pitch who actually moves around and makes runs , 

When he goes I’ll be happy because he’ll just turn into a Belgian Danny Drinkwater

• Like 1

Can understand the rotation of players but not the system employed. Had enough possession to hurt a negative Geordie side but hardly laid a glove on them. Back four looked the problem today, hesitant without the ball and ponderous with it. The same back four that cost Brendan a lot of goodwill earlier in the year when we were struggling. Newcastle didn't win it, we lost it. Shit happens.

Just now, lcfcjosh said:

have you watched leicester recently? KDH by far is our best player on that pitch who actually moves around and makes runs , 

When he goes I’ll be happy because he’ll just turn into a Belgian Danny Drinkwater

Whats any other game got to do with today? KDH was shit today. 

Did you watch leicester in years gone by because tielemans was our best player by an absolute mile. 

• Like 2

Quite shocked at how tamely we’ve given up on the league. Yes it was right to prioritise the ECL, but with Roma over 2 legs, it’s still something of a long shot. Newcastle looked crap and there was plenty enough talent to have beaten them, but there was absolutely zero ambition shown.

Looked every bit an “on the beach” performance, when you’d think our second string would be fighting for a first pick slot. Not that it got any better with the subs.

Very disappointed.

• Like 1