Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Soumare

...it would be very interesting if Soumare makes the first team!!!

This will be a great test for how we think the new management will take us forward. On first view I would believe they can see a potentially good player infront of them, but they will have to make a lot of adjustments for him to make it work.

I am looking forward to the first team sheet, although it will not be indicative of how they will look to play in the remaining games.

Iversen 

Ricardo Faes Souttar Soyunco Kristiansen 

Tete   Mendy    Maddison  KDH

Vardy

So long as Tete and KDH are prepared to go ahead of Vardy on the transition. 

• Sad 1

On 03/04/2023 at 18:20, Guesty said:

The podcast was a while ago. But if you read the article from Percy today: he's one of the players he says Rodgers didn't want in the squad.

The way it was explained was: the club had been tracking Soumare for a few seasons. And Rodgers wasn't keen. But I think other targets fell through so he relented and agreed to buy him.

The Soumare /Ward decisions were proof positive that Rodgers had some kind of absurd complex about turning water into wine.( I refuse to believe it was deliberate sabotage )

He detested Soumare last season..so much so, Soumare went on 'compassionate leave' for months during the second half of the season. Then, this closed season, with Rodgers smarting from having all his revamp plans taken from him, he decides he'll play the lump.  

I have no idea what his best position is. He did look better driving forward against Bournemouth, but even then he lost the ball. He’s definitely not a CDM nor is he a box to box. I’ve always been confused by him. Whether his confidence is completely shot and he’s been Rodgers’d, and coached out of being good? 

it’s a complete mystery why we signed the bloke 

9 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I have no idea what his best position is. He did look better driving forward against Bournemouth, but even then he lost the ball. He’s definitely not a CDM nor is he a box to box. I’ve always been confused by him. Whether his confidence is completely shot and he’s been Rodgers’d, and coached out of being good? 

I think personally that his natural position is not a professional footballer. Unless he was decent prior to signing for us before he got the Rogers treatment.

9 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

With the under 21s?

11 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

Wonder why smith didn’t even need to watch Brendan’s golden boy in action even once to work out that he’s on a new level of pure dog sh1te.

A few things:

1. Soumare was scouted by some of the best teams in Europe and our signing was seen as a coup by many people at the time, especially with Lille winning the league. I remember @StriderHiryu mentioned Arsenal had a long look at him a well. 

2. He wasn't Rodgers' golden boy. It's been reported he was recommended by the analysts and Rodgers didn't fancy him when he saw him train and after his first few appearances. He wanted to get rid in the summer but after out lack of signings and his improvement in training, he changed his mind 

3. He's struggled to settle into England. We know there is a player there as he's shown it (his performance vs West Ham away was excellent) but it's clear he's struggling to cope mentally with the pace of the league. 

4. I think the club saw him playing in a 4-3-3 rather than 4-1-4-1, as an all-around midfielder. The lack of role clarity for Soumare has been another reason why the transfer hasn't succeeded. 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

A few things:

1. Soumare was scouted by some of the best teams in Europe and our signing was seen as a coup by many people at the time, especially with Lille winning the league. I remember @StriderHiryu mentioned Arsenal had a long look at him a well. 

2. He wasn't Rodgers' golden boy. It's been reported he was recommended by the analysts and Rodgers didn't fancy him when he saw him train and after his first few appearances. He wanted to get rid in the summer but after out lack of signings and his improvement in training, he changed his mind 

3. He's struggled to settle into England. We know there is a player there as he's shown it (his performance vs West Ham away was excellent) but it's clear he's struggling to cope mentally with the pace of the league. 

4. I think the club saw him playing in a 4-3-3 rather than 4-1-4-1, as an all-around midfielder. The lack of role clarity for Soumare has been another reason why the transfer hasn't succeeded. 

Signings like these can be where a club not only falls apart, but causes rifts. Say you are the type of manager that needs convincing of a data analytics model to buy players, and then the club goes ahead and buys a player like Soumare anyway... it's not going to breed confidence is it!?

At the same time, it can take a while to get these things right. These days Brighton can do no wrong, but let's not forget players like Jahanbaksh, Locadia and Izquierdo.

Bouba has turned out to be quite the dud. Worse than Adrien Silva? Probably not, but only marginally better. But that's the thing with signings, no one can get them right all the time. It's just if you are a club like Leicester, you can't many wrong in a row. We did and look what's happened. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Signings like these can be where a club not only falls apart, but causes rifts. Say you are the type of manager that needs convincing of a data analytics model to buy players, and then the club goes ahead and buys a player like Soumare anyway... it's not going to breed confidence is it!?

At the same time, it can take a while to get these things right. These days Brighton can do no wrong, but let's not forget players like Jahanbaksh, Locadia and Izquierdo.

Bouba has turned out to be quite the dud. Worse than Adrien Silva? Probably not, but only marginally better. But that's the thing with signings, no one can get them right all the time. It's just if you are a club like Leicester, you can't many wrong in a row. We did and look what's happened. 

Good summary. He has shown glimpses of what he can do at this level. I think he will be gone in the summer though.